Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 14:26   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushshy View Post
Hello guys, I m a new member of Team-BHP...I am planning to buy a car. I owned a Fiat Palio 1.6 Sports (Sachin Tendulkar limited edition) previously. I was in love with it. The engine was frugal. But i had to sell it as I was moving to US. Now I m back in India. I have test driven the Skoda Fabia, i20 and Fiat Punto but none of them appealed to me as all of them lacked power and punch, which is the most important thing for me. Now I m thinking of again buying Palio 1.6 sports. But honestly dont like its interiors, which look quite dated. But I m thinking of getting interiors done at Stanley Leather, right from seats, door trims, dashboard trim, gear knob, steering wheel and all the upholstry. I have a few questions regarding this:
1) Any idea how much would it cost me to getting everything done at stanley leather?
2) As I am in delhi and the summers r too hot, will the leather seats heat up a lot and if i park my car in the sun, will it affect the leather on dashboard dur to direct exposure to sun.
3) any suggestions too are welcome.

I have very ambitious plans to make the interiors of the palio look like a luxury car's interiors, so please reply with ure ideas.

Thanks,
AJ
It is a good idea to search the threads before posting a question because all this has been answered.
Old 21st August 2009, 21:57   #92
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
It is a good idea to search the threads before posting a question because all this has been answered.
TO ERR IS HUMAN ! we all were new earlier...so i feel its ok.

Old 25th August 2009, 16:44   #93
BHPian

Guys, Need a quick clarification

My friend is booking i10 sportz right now, as I am typing. He wants to go for leather seat covers.

Trident is quoting around 22000 for Stanley. Is it the right price. Can we get better deals or different choices to go thru the same.

i will definitely go through this thread, but if anyone had the same in their i10 will definitely help us.

Thanks a ton
Old 31st August 2009, 11:08   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post

My friend is booking i10 sportz right now, as I am typing. He wants to go for leather seat covers.

Trident is quoting around 22000 for Stanley. Is it the right price. Can we get better deals or different choices to go thru the same.

i will definitely go through this thread, but if anyone had the same in their i10 will definitely help us.

Thanks a ton
Car dealers are like thieves ! I am sure that is for a basic leather classic leather 0.9 mm thick.

It might be a good idea for you to check with karlsson leather in Indiranagar, they have some thick 1.5 mm leathers and have very good reviews here. Pricing is lower than stanley by far for the basic range. Their phone is 25216394 and website Kärlsson
Old 31st August 2009, 11:44   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post

Thanks a ton
Please go through the thread mentioned below, as lots of better options have been put across.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...at-covers.html
Old 31st August 2009, 11:49   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Car dealers are like thieves ! I am sure that is for a basic leather classic leather 0.9 mm thick.

It might be a good idea for you to check with karlsson leather in Indiranagar, they have some thick 1.5 mm leathers and have very good reviews here. Pricing is lower than stanley by far for the basic range. Their phone is 25216394 and website Kärlsson
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Please go through the thread mentioned below, as lots of better options have been put across.

Will definitely look into the same. If its 0.9mm thick, then I would definitely advise my friend not to go for the same at the dealer.

Karlsson needs to be looked at right now, if leather is the only choice.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:04   #97
srinivas9446

Quote:
out dated?? anyway try Karlsson Leather in Indiranagar they are the only other company who carries some really thick proprietary leathers from Sweden. Much better value for money than stanley. Check out the photos of a white Linea posted by sunilrj . They have got some good reviews here as well. At least Karlsson does not use local stuff and call it 'Italian' leather like all the other Stanley wannabes like Marvin, Pensee, Cerrali, Ovion and the rest !
Alright ! will take your suggestion for it...just returned from a business tour...will have to get the seat covers fixed this week if everthing falls in place..will keep you updated.

Old 31st August 2009, 14:08   #98
BHPian

i have stanley leather in 2 tone color for last 3 yrs , still very supple and comfortable .
Attached Thumbnails
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dscf3199.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dscf3200.jpg  

Old 1st September 2009, 13:28   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
i have stanley leather in 2 tone color for last 3 yrs , still very supple and comfortable .
Yes they should be. Is that stanley classic leather?
Old 6th September 2009, 01:37   #100
BHPian

Below is the price range I got for Stanley seats -

Stanley Classic = 19K to 20K
Stanley S-tech = 13.5K to 14.5K
Stanley Satin = 22K

Is this reasonable price and which one we should go for?

I booked Ford Fiesta Platinum (Golden) having combination of beige & black interior. I am planning to for black seats!
Old 7th September 2009, 11:28   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Below is the price range I got for Stanley seats -

Stanley Classic = 19K to 20K
Stanley S-tech = 13.5K to 14.5K
Stanley Satin = 22K

Is this reasonable price and which one we should go for?

I booked Ford Fiesta Platinum (Golden) having combination of beige & black interior. I am planning to for black seats!
hmmm...recently found that their Classic is basically a furniture leather and has no automotive specs and Satin is the same stuff but with different color options . anyways Classic is 24K and Satin is 28K and scandinavia is 35K for seats alone for the Fiesta! A friend just got a quote from their mission road Bangalore office! what's going on? Is Stanley also mixing leather made in India like the others and dropping prices ??

On second thoughts Kumar there are also plenty of fakes in the market. I saw some accessory shops in Bangalore using some local leather and stitching the stanley logo on them. I think this could also be the case. Some people will do anything for a buck !!!

Last edited by Hypercar : 7th September 2009 at 11:32.
Old 7th September 2009, 13:46   #102
srinivas9446

Quote:

Dear Hyper,

Thanks a lot for the nos.

I think i will check out the stuff with these guys.

By the way any idea, how much it would cost for the ANHC ? Does the package come for the door trims too ?
Bye

Old 10th September 2009, 15:55   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Dear Hyper,

By the way any idea, how much it would cost for the ANHC ? Does the package come for the door trims too ?
Bye

Guys I have no commercial interest or affiliation with any seat maker, I am just a vigilant indian consumer who is not willing to get fooled with regards to leather. I am not here to promote anybody and couldn't care less to what cars or leather people want to buy.
Old 10th September 2009, 19:31   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Dear Hyper,

Bye
Srinivas,

Please check the below mentioned thread to get to know of better deals on seat covers. Hope it helps...

Old 12th September 2009, 12:12   #105
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Srinivas,

Please check the below mentioned thread to get to know of better deals on seat covers. Hope it helps...

Dear Maruru,

thanks a lot.i think i will go through this link.

bye

Most Viewed