Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 21:42   #106
BHPian

Stanley Leather seats

Gurus,

I am planning to get leather seats done in my palio stile. I visited Ceralli and Stanley today.

For full leather work (including seats, steering wheel, gear knob, hand brake, door trims) Ceralli quoted 23.5K for their high end leather and Stanley quoted 28K for their Satin version. Both prices with T-bhp discount included, thanks to the LTD sticker

AJ/Kumar,

Can you please provide an update on your interior work? Where, what and how much is what I am interested in so that I can negotiate better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Below is the price range I got for Stanley seats -

Stanley Classic = 19K to 20K
Stanley S-tech = 13.5K to 14.5K
Stanley Satin = 22K

Is this reasonable price and which one we should go for?

I booked Ford Fiesta Platinum (Golden) having combination of beige & black interior. I am planning to for black seats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushshy View Post

I have very ambitious plans to make the interiors of the palio look like a luxury car's interiors, so please reply with ure ideas.

Thanks,
AJ
AJ,

I am not a big fan of palio interiors too. What else did you do for the interiors and from where? Can you post some pictures here?

Thanks!
Chakri
Old 9th November 2009, 10:35   #107
BHPian

Leather seats from Karlsson

After visiting Stanley on Saturday, I thought my search for Leather seats has come to an end. After reading through several posts on this forum, I managed to convince myself to look at one other competitor, Karlsson, on Sunday.

I was impressed. Impressed, may be because I was talking directly to a well-informed passionate owner than some sales person who is just doing a job. I liked the passion more than anything else.

Anyway, I have booked black scandinavian full leather work (that includes parcel tray too) for 26,800/-. I am going to drop my car on Wednesday. I am excited - more updates on wednesday.

Thanks!
Chakri
Old 9th November 2009, 10:55   #108
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I'm interested in doing up the interiors of brand new Honda Civic S with leather and stanley is the first name that comes to the mind when one thinks of leather. However, going through this thread, it appears that Karlsson is a good competitor as well, can anybody point me to the right place for getting the seats done in Bombay ? And approximate prices for Civic as well ?

Thanks.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:06   #109
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hey Chakri,

Good for you ! What car did you get it for ?
Old 9th November 2009, 11:22   #110
BHPian

Thanks RJK. I am getting it done on Wednesday for my palio stile. Paid 5K advance yesterday.

BTW, they have different varieties of leather.

Asta: 1.3 mm thickness (lower end)
Scandinavian: 1.5 mm (the one I chose)
Nappa and others: Atleast a 10K more expensive. Apparently, these leathers are not corrected unlike Asta and Scandinavian.

For Scandinavian leather, Stanley quoted a 5-7K more.

Stanley has 1.2 mm and lower thickness too called Classic and Satin. I am told thickness alone is not a measure of quality. Some nappa leathers are thinner but are of higher quality.

Owner of the Karlsson store, their website, T-bhpians and other auto forums who have been to the store mentioned that Karlsson sources their leather from elmo, sweden. I dont how true these claims are. Either you need an expert or you need to trust your instincts and identify how is telling lesser lies

So, RJK if you are looking to extrapolate how much its going to cost you: the three dimensions that need to be considered are size of car, store and quality of leather.

@hypercar: thanks for mentioning Karlsson with conviction in numerous posts here. But for your posts, I wouldnt have considered it.

Last edited by chakri400 : 9th November 2009 at 11:42. Reason: Sorry! corrections and small additions.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:36   #111
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Chakri,

Thanks for the info but I PM'ed the Karlsson guy on the forum and he said they don't have any approved fitter in bombay. So I guess I have no choice but to go with Stanley

Guys, I called up Stanley Boutique in Andheri and the guy there quoted a price range of 39k-80k for doing up the Honda Civic seats and door pads, is this alright ? Sounds like a lot, doesn't it or am I wrong ?
Old 10th November 2009, 23:01   #112
BHPian

All, My palio has got her leather seats today! I am so happy with the meticulous work done by Karlsson!

I will post the photographs soon
Old 10th November 2009, 23:20   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Chakri,

Thanks for the info but I PM'ed the Karlsson guy on the forum and he said they don't have any approved fitter in bombay. So I guess I have no choice but to go with Stanley
You have a choice: you could come down to bangalore for a day Some people do but I agree it isn't an easy one.

Quote:
Guys, I called up Stanley Boutique in Andheri and the guy there quoted a price range of 39k-80k for doing up the Honda Civic seats and door pads, is this alright ? Sounds like a lot, doesn't it or am I wrong ?
You can check with them for a combination of leather for touch areas and PU for others like back side of seats, doors etc. That can bring down your cost. Stanley does provide those options.
Old 11th November 2009, 00:19   #114
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
You have a choice: you could come down to bangalore for a day Some people do but I agree it isn't an easy one.
You can check with them for a combination of leather for touch areas and PU for others like back side of seats, doors etc. That can bring down your cost. Stanley does provide those options.
Haha ! Buddy, driving down to bangalore just for leather seats, the kind of money I'd spend in addition to cost of seats would probably fetch me Nappa leather here.. Ok, Maybe not Nappa but still.

I went to Stanley boutique today and the guy showed me Stanley Satin range for about 39k + 6k for door trim. Sound good ? Nappa was 59k + 6k for door trim. Nappa becomes very very expensive, don't want to spend that kind of money on seats !
Old 11th November 2009, 00:34   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Haha ! Buddy, driving down to bangalore just for leather seats, the kind of money I'd spend in addition to cost of seats would probably fetch me Nappa leather here.. Ok, Maybe not Nappa but still.
I wouldn't too ! Karlsson mentioned that he has got cars coming down from TN, Kerala and even Goa. So its an option for a few not all!

Quote:
I went to Stanley boutique today and the guy showed me Stanley Satin range for about 39k + 6k for door trim. Sound good ? Nappa was 59k + 6k for door trim. Nappa becomes very very expensive, don't want to spend that kind of money on seats !
It sounds a bit on the higher side to me. We are talking about size of Civic here so price may be justified with Stanley standards.

BTW, when I visited Stanley they quoted a price and gave me good discount on the quoted price. Satin was 32K and the final price for the complete package after negotiations was 28K. Do you see a scope for negotiation in your case?
Old 11th November 2009, 10:42   #116
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't too !
Satin was 32K and the final price for the complete package after negotiations was 28K. Do you see a scope for negotiation in your case?
Yeah, the guy said that he'd probably give me about 7% discount once I had decided which leather I wanted to go for. So, that brings it about in the region of around 42k or so
Old 11th November 2009, 15:28   #117
BHPian

it is not the brand that matters but the fitment, if you are in chennai, there is a brand called Haiton which is also quite good. the guy claims his company supplies the finished leather to stanley!
anyway, you make sure that you get hold of a good liner to fit the leather seat for you.
Old 12th November 2009, 19:43   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks RJK. I am getting it done on Wednesday for my palio stile. Paid 5K advance yesterday.

BTW, they have different varieties of leather.

Asta: 1.3 mm thickness (lower end)
Scandinavian: 1.5 mm (the one I chose)
Nappa and others: Atleast a 10K more expensive. Apparently, these leathers are not corrected unlike Asta and Scandinavian.

For Scandinavian leather, Stanley quoted a 5-7K more.

Stanley has 1.2 mm and lower thickness too called Classic and Satin. I am told thickness alone is not a measure of quality. Some nappa leathers are thinner but are of higher quality.

Owner of the Karlsson store, their website, T-bhpians and other auto forums who have been to the store mentioned that Karlsson sources their leather from elmo, sweden. I dont how true these claims are. Either you need an expert or you need to trust your instincts and identify how is telling lesser lies

So, RJK if you are looking to extrapolate how much its going to cost you: the three dimensions that need to be considered are size of car, store and quality of leather.

@hypercar: thanks for mentioning Karlsson with conviction in numerous posts here. But for your posts, I wouldnt have considered it.
Thanks for trusting us Chakri glad you liked our work. We have represented Elmo Leather Sweden in India for some years now since introducing them to the Indian market for projects.

Last edited by Kärlsson : 12th November 2009 at 19:45.
Old 16th November 2009, 22:07   #119
BHPian

Quote:
is it noticable the difference between the PU & the leather in the touch areas? do the colors match? anyone who has got this done by stanley can share some light? i m planning to get this done in my car but dont know if the colors will match?
thanks..
Old 16th November 2009, 22:45   #120
BHPian

Recently uncle got his ANHC seats done at Gsport with a mixture of perforated leather,plain leather and art leather can't make out the colour difference between the leathers.I think he payed around Rs 19000/-.

Most Viewed