Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 19:13   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Stanley leather seats - review please

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
I have just been offered Stanley leather seats as complimentary accessory for Laura. The salesperson tells me that it is worth 35k in the market. This appears too low to me for real leather seats, which i thought would cost 60-65k for a mid-sized sedan. Can someone provide inputs on this? Am i being offered fake leather (Does Stanley even make those?) in the name of leather seats?
Stanley starts from 18-19k as per my visit to their showroom few months when I went to check seats for my Vento. The lower spec models will have artificial leather on the backside of the seats and pure leather on others. They quoted 35k for the mid range series. Please check the leather seats thread where I have seen few Laura's with Stanley Leather.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 21:13   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have just been offered Stanley leather seats as complimentary accessory for Laura. The salesperson tells me that it is worth 35k in the market. This appears too low to me for real leather seats, which i thought would cost 60-65k for a mid-sized sedan. Can someone provide inputs on this? Am i being offered fake leather (Does Stanley even make those?) in the name of leather seats?
Dude,35k fake leather impossible.

It must be 100% genuine as,fake leather(art leather) retails around 7-8k.
And check if the Stanley logo is there on the seat.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 22:02   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives
I remember Skoda dealer making a similar offer. At 35k, it was Stanley seats with part leather (touch areas) and part art leather. Knowing the knowledge levels of skoda dealer, it might actually have been classic grade leather (not recommended for automotive use as per Stanley brochure). I pushed for a cash discount instead. Later I was offered Stanley Satin grade full leather at 42k.

Ask your dealer for leather grade on offer. Check with Stanley boutique directly for prices and compare. If prices quoted are in line I'd prefer to negotiate for a cash discount with dealer and get seats done from Stanley.

Also, for same price Stanley boutique will show you multiple seat styles to choose from, while dealer will push OEM style fit.

Hope this is of some help.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 09:05   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
I remember Skoda dealer making a similar offer. At 35k, it was Stanley seats with part leather (touch areas) and part art leather. Knowing the knowledge levels of skoda dealer, it might actually have been classic grade leather (not recommended for automotive use as per Stanley brochure). I pushed for a cash discount instead. Later I was offered Stanley Satin grade full leather at 42k.

Ask your dealer for leather grade on offer. Check with Stanley boutique directly for prices and compare. If prices quoted are in line I'd prefer to negotiate for a cash discount with dealer and get seats done from Stanley.

Also, for same price Stanley boutique will show you multiple seat styles to choose from, while dealer will push OEM style fit.

Hope this is of some help.
Thanks mate - This is useful. Is satin the best grade from Stanley? I will ask the dealer to give me that, even if I need to shell out the differential. I did try getting "additional" cash discount instead of freebies but I guess beyond a point they cannot give cash discounts, so may as well take what is on offer.

But if classic is all the dealer can offer complementary, should I refuse it since you said it is below par? Actually if it is non automotive grade, why does Stanley even make these? For dealers to dupe unsuspecting buyers in the name of freebies?
Old 14th July 2011, 09:29   #170
BHPian

Quote:
But if classic is all the dealer can offer complementary, should I refuse it since you said it is below par? Actually if it is non automotive grade, why does Stanley even make these? For dealers to dupe unsuspecting buyers in the name of freebies?
Classic though not recommended is still offered by Stanley Boutiques. The leather thickness is sub 1 mm and hence more prone to wear and tear in rub areas. Stanley offers leather in four grades. These grades have different origin, touch feel, thickness etc.

The rates for these by Stanley in Bangalore for Laura (seats, door trip, gear knob, and steering wheel) are as under: ( based on information shared by Maibaa in another post My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS Page 3):

Basic (classic) - 32k
Satin - 42k
Scandinavian - 52k
Nappa - 62k

Would suggest you visit the Stanley Boutique and have a first hand look.

Though I don't know why they can't offer cash discounts beyong a point (have seen posts where dealer has offered discount of upto 1.5 lacs on TSI), based on what you like, you may renegotiate with your Skoda Dealer for leather grade.

Cheers!
Old 14th July 2011, 20:41   #171
BHPian

For those in Chennai, Jewajee car decors has started doing Stanley seat covers off late.
Old 25th November 2011, 23:39   #172
Senior - BHPian

We had put beige color Stanley leather for the seats as well as the door pads back in 2005 in our Baleno which otherwise had a very bland interior. This was done from Cochin when I do not think Stanley had an office as today. I forgot the shops name, but he was the authorized dealer for Stanley then. It did cost us around 26k then. The workmanship was perfect, and we never ever thought for another time that the Baleno had a bland interior. He had ripped off the fabric from the stock seats and put on new foam and leather for a perfect fit.

But down the years, we couldn't care much for the leather. Once I got the driver seat all scratched heavily when the car was returned from MASS and I was really furious with those idiots. Come on man, how can you have no respect for a Stanley leather. Moreover, in the six years we owned the Baleno, only two or three times I remember cleaning and conditioning the leather myself with Stanley products.

Due to much abuse, the driver seat has been torn where there is most contact - the side huggers which protrude a bit, interfere while getting in and out.

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_3674.jpg

I would like to know if there is an economical solution for this? Or will Stanley repair the same, like a patch-up? I tried cellophane taping, but to no avail.
Old 15th February 2012, 17:44   #173
vcx
BHPian

Note from Mod : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Hi All,

I am exploring leather seats for Civic as well, pls. let me know shops which deal in Stanley, Orion, Karlsson in Hyderabad?

When enquired with one of the dealers in car accessories here, they quoted me 30k for classic and 45k for Nappa variety in Stanley, but not sure these are genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
We had put beige color Stanley leather for the seats as well as the door pads back in 2005 in our Baleno which otherwise had a very bland interior.

Hi , no offense but these exactly look like my art leather seats on my Ford Ikon which had a similar fate and exactly at the same place on the driver seat.

If you find strands of threads towards the backside of this so called leather then it could be art leather.

What I have done , is that I went around to the sofa makers and they had some art leathers of near closest match and then the guy glued it with the solution they use on sofa's.... so far it works( yes a patch appears but color does gel with the seats)

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2012 at 13:34. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
vcx is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 26th February 2012, 13:32   #174
BHPian

Hi there, I am Planning for Leather seats on my New Swift ZDi, Any Suggestions ? The interior is completely Black on my Car, Which colour Should i opt ? Stanley or Karlsson ?
Old 28th February 2012, 18:44   #175
BHPian

guys any idea what the stanley website is. i don't seem to find it anywhere. please help.
Old 28th February 2012, 19:02   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally View Post
guys any idea what the stanley website is. i don't seem to find it anywhere. please help.
Welcome to Stanley Lifestyle, I N D I A
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 19:36   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
thanks dinu2506. its a complicated site i must say.
Old 28th February 2012, 19:49   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Hi there, I am Planning for Leather seats on my New Swift ZDi, Any Suggestions ? The interior is completely Black on my Car, Which colour Should i opt ? Stanley or Karlsson ?
You'll hear a lot of conflicting opinions for the question you've posed. I've seen both and I agree the quality of leather used by Karlsson is of better grade than Stanley. However, I am yet to see a finished job that looks as good as Stanley's, if not better! Now, please refrain from crucifying me for my honest opinion which is solely mine. :-)
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 07:49   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
You'll hear a lot of conflicting opinions for the question you've posed. I've seen both and I agree the quality of leather used by Karlsson is of better grade than Stanley. However, I am yet to see a finished job that looks as good as Stanley's, if not better! Now, please refrain from crucifying me for my honest opinion which is solely mine. :-)
Well thanks for the info, I love Stanley seats, few of my friends using it. I thought of trying with Karl for this time, i choosed the Black Scandinavian Leather with thickness of 1.5mm for this time for my new Swift. My date is tomorrow to fix the seats.
Old 29th February 2012, 08:17   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
I thought of trying with Karl for this time
Can you please share with us, how are their rates?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks