Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 08:51   #181
BHPian

Re: Stanley leather seats - review please

yes, it would give a fair idea of comparison and quality of the seats you are planning to install. I am also planning to change my car's seat covers hence looking out for various options.
Old 4th March 2012, 13:08   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Can you please share with us, how are their rates?
its 30k for the job on Swift ZDi with 1.5mm thickness Scandinavian Leather. Not the classic Leather with 0.9mm thickness.

take a look at here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2702164
Old 5th March 2012, 15:05   #183
BANNED

Does stanley offer PU/Regzine custom seats? I spray wash my Gypsy interiors monthly and want something durable with water. But I want better finishing than the local small time shops...

--Ragul
Old 12th March 2012, 14:09   #184
BHPian

I am planning for leather seat covers/seats for my Honda City V A/T. Recently got a quote from Stanley @ Crownz Interior Mall (Faridabad - NCR). They are charging INR47500 for seats, door panel and centre armrest for classic leather and INR60000 for Napa. I am finding it too expensive. Is there any other vendor in Delhi who can offer Stanly grade quality with reasonable pricing. I am okay to shed upto INR35000.
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:48   #185
BHPian

Same was the case with me as well. I too visited for the leather seat covers for my Skoda Fabia Elegance diesel last year at the Stanley outlet at Sultanpur near Ghitorni and I was also given the quotes north of 60 k for the Napa leather seat covers. I found that exorbitantly high but ultimately settled with the Autoform seat covers for my car.
@coolbareilly : you can try the seat covers by Auto Form. I found them good as far as fitting and quality are concerned. They are available at any good car accessories shop.

Last edited by db0009 : 2nd April 2012 at 12:18.
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:09   #186
Senior - BHPian

^ Nappa leather is the top priced variant in stanley line up. For pure leather options, they start somewhere around 30k (classic range). They even have a cheaper version with art leather in non-touch areas. The mid priced is probably the best (satin range) where the leather thickness is around 1.2mm (if im not mistaken).

You dont get pure leather for any less than 25k as far as I know (even with other players in the market).
Old 7th April 2012, 10:01   #187
BHPian

I paid approximately 35000 (after some 3-4% discount) for Stanley for my Honda City. I got the Satin variant, which is 1.2 mm thickness if i remember correctly. I had also explored the art-leather-in-non-touch-areas option but didn't go for it since the price differential between that and Satin was only about 5000. Scandinavian & Napa are obviously better than Satin and higher priced too. Probably makes sense in BMW/Merc/Audi type cars.

I went to the Stanley Boutique in Andheri (E). Ask for Yusuf, he is very helpful and extremely knowledgeable.

Absolutely impeccable fit and finish. Go for it by all means if your budget permits.
Old 7th April 2012, 16:38   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
I paid approximately 35000 (after some 3-4% discount) for Stanley for my Honda City. I got the Satin variant, which is 1.2 mm thickness if i remember correctly. I had also explored the art-leather-in-non-touch-areas option but didn't go for it since the price differential between that and Satin was only about 5000. Scandinavian & Napa are obviously better than Satin and higher priced too. Probably makes sense in BMW/Merc/Audi type cars.

I went to the Stanley Boutique in Andheri (E). Ask for Yusuf, he is very helpful and extremely knowledgeable.

Absolutely impeccable fit and finish. Go for it by all means if your budget permits.
hey did you also get the steering done up in leather?

i visited the stanley showroom in Andheri, and strangely was told that they dont do steering wheels for cars with Air bags. How odd is that! i was flatly refused and said only the seats/gear/sides can be done.

Anyone has had a similar experience?

Last edited by funkyp : 7th April 2012 at 16:51. Reason: change to airbag
Old 7th April 2012, 16:50   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post

i visited the stanley showroom in Andheri, and strangely was told that they dont do steering wheels for cars with ABS. How odd is that! i was flatly refused and said only the seats/gear/sides can be done.

They must have meant 'air bag'?
When I got Stanley seats for my Honda City, they refused to do up the steering saying it will leave the marks on the metal inserts (as they need to poke the leather in near these inserts)
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 16:53   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
They must have meant 'air bag'?
When I got Stanley seats for my Honda City, they refused to do up the steering saying it will leave the marks on the metal inserts (as they need to poke the leather in near these inserts)
Thanks guna. yes i meant air bags

The just said that when the cover comes from the factory in bangalore and they do it up here, the finish will not be good.

Did you get it done elsewhere? i really want to get leather on the steering to make the grip meatier.
Old 7th April 2012, 17:12   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you get it done elsewhere? i really want to get leather on the steering to make the grip meatier.
No I did not get it done from any other places. I also really liked the steering with perforated leather wrapping. The current version (probably the top end model) comes with nice wrapping.
Old 7th April 2012, 18:02   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp

i visited the stanley showroom in Andheri, and strangely was told that they dont do steering wheels for cars with Air bags. How odd is that! i was flatly refused and said only the seats/gear/sides can be done.

I got a leather cover for my xuv last week. My xuv has both abs and airbags, did not create any problems at all. Got it done in stanley in chennai. I paid 2900.
Old 7th April 2012, 18:05   #193
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure about the car in question here, but stanley did a steering wrap in leather for my vento which had airbags. And I have seen so many other examples too. They must have had some bad experience earlier and that's the reason they are refusing to do it. If the finish of the leather wrap doesnt extend till the horn pad, there is absolutely no issues with air-bags.

Edit - It may help for you to speak to their regional manager, whose details you can get it from the installer you are dealing with. It is true that the materials are shipped from bangalore and are stitched locally.

Quote:

Last edited by bala80 : 7th April 2012 at 18:06.
Old 8th April 2012, 00:04   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
I got a leather cover for my xuv last week. My xuv has both abs and airbags, did not create any problems at all. Got it done in stanley in chennai. I paid 2900.
I wish i were in Chennai. Maybe the fitter here in Mumbai doesnt have the skill to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I'm not sure about the car in question here, but stanley did a steering wrap in leather for my vento which had airbags. And I have seen so many other examples too. They must have had some bad experience earlier and that's the reason they are refusing to do it. If the finish of the leather wrap doesnt extend till the horn pad, there is absolutely no issues with air-bags.

Edit - It may help for you to speak to their regional manager, whose details you can get it from the installer you are dealing with. It is true that the materials are shipped from bangalore and are stitched locally.
The car in question is the swift. They told me that they could have done it in Bangalore, but in Mumbai it was not possible. Something else they mentioned was that since the steering was a three spoke, it wont fit well, which i think is crap.

Will try and write to them and see if it helps.
Old 8th April 2012, 22:32   #195
BHPian

Quote:

I had a similar experience. Stanley Mumbai said they can't do the steering wheel. So I got it done at the Honda dealer (Linkway). They charged me Rs 2500 for pure leather wrapped steering wheel (black is the only color choice, which was fine by me) & did an awesome job.

I had spoken to Stanley a week before the delivery so when they turned me down for the steering I checked with the dealer. So effectively my car was delivered with leather wrapped steering wheel. When I took my car to Stanley for the seat covers they appreciated the job done on the steering wheel and were trying to figure out how to do it themselves locally. Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks