Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 10:43   #226
BHPian

Re: Stanley leather seats - review please

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
I did call Stanley pune, but the instead gave me a dealers number, Rahul Enterprises on FC road, its quite close to my place so will go and check with them!
Also try asking Poona Motors in Camp.
A friend got his Polo completely re-trimmed by Poona Motors using Stanley leather. The quality of work was excellent.
I personally have got a Leather Steering Wheel Cover bought and installed by Poona Motors. I am happy with the quality of their work. Mine is only a cover though and not a full re-trim. Cost was approx Rs.600 for the cover.
http://www.poonamotors.co.in/
Old 30th December 2012, 08:52   #227
BHPian

Hey People ! Wanted to fit genuine leather seats for my Rapid for a long time . Finally got it fitted with some extra lumbar padding . Went in For their 'Classic' version . Total setup costed about 60k ( Inclusive of steering , door pads ) . M/s Sandhya have done a decent job in fitting it .
Old 31st December 2012, 12:08   #228
BHPian

Hello guys,
I am looking for references to get leather seating done for my Duster in Hyderabad. The only place I know of is Stanley and would want to check out other places as well. Also does anybody know if Karlsson is in Hyderabad. I have tried contacting them through their site, but have not heard back.

Thanks

@mods - apologies if this is posted twice. My first post gave an error and am not sure if it went through or not.
amitdan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 12:57   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
I did call Stanley pune, but the instead gave me a dealers number, Rahul Enterprises on FC road, its quite close to my place so will go and check with them!
Hey, Wanted to check with you on your experience. What all did you get done and for how much.

Pics would defnitely help. I am inclined to goto Orchis @hiranandani powai to get it done based on feedback on tbhp.
Old 23rd April 2013, 20:59   #230
BANNED

Hi,

I need steering cover for my Zen in Grey Perforated Leather . Where can i get it done in delhi and and what cost .

Thnks
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:50   #231
BHPian

Is it possible to leather wrap the steering wheel of civic? i.e. will the airbag pose any trouble?

And where can I get it done with pure leather in Delhi?
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:04   #232
Senior - BHPian

....continued (from this post)

Now that the Baleno is sold, here is what Stanley looked like after 7.5 years of moderate use; the back seats sparingly used and the driver seat most used without much care.

My rating:
- workmanship - perfect;
- look and feel - perfect, especially the double seam;
- longevity - average or just above average (I do think that genuine leather sofas last close to a life-time), may be because we went for the basic cladding which did cost ~26k then - might be we went for the thinnest variety; see how the passenger side seat has stretched - don't know whether they should be so, but looks bad;
- maintenance - not that difficult and not too costly - used just the Stanley cleaner and conditioner once in a while; just be careful with the mechanics though;
- genuineness - I do not know exactly, but my gut feeling is that the genuine-est of leather do not flake - this one flaked the last time the upholstery cleaner did a hard scrub - again, might be we went for the thinnest variety.
- overall, I am happy; more because the stock interiors of the Baleno was direly in need of a makeover.

The shop was Emperor, a Stanley dealer at Palarivattom, Cochin.

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_4967.jpg

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_4966.jpg

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_4968.jpg

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_4969.jpg

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_4973.jpg
Old 1st July 2013, 22:04   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
Hello guys,
I am looking for references to get leather seating done for my Duster in Hyderabad. The only place I know of is Stanley and would want to check out other places as well. Also does anybody know if Karlsson is in Hyderabad. I have tried contacting them through their site, but have not heard back.
Did you finally pay Stanley's for the job? Could you please PM me the cost of doing up your Duster and where exactly is their outlet? Also, did you find out of Karlsson is present in Hyderabad?
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:52   #234
BHPian

The last time I spoke to Karlsson they only operate out of bangalore. The cost of Scandinavian 1.5mm full leather, i.e no half and half for Stanley is 45000 for the Rapid. The half and half option where in the rear is art and the front is leather should cost around 35000. Where as the Karlson for the full is costing 35K.
Old 3rd July 2013, 01:42   #235
BHPian

I came across this picture on stanley India website. Is it leather wrapped? What material is it? Has anyone got this done before?
Attached Thumbnails
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-styles16.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2013, 03:41   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Is it possible to leather wrap the steering wheel of civic? i.e. will the airbag pose any trouble?

And where can I get it done with pure leather in Delhi?
Reply to an old post.
Yes it can be done,i got leather steering of my Linea (with airbag),re wrapped at Motor Concept new Delhi.That guy outsources his work with upholstery guys who work on high end cars,as expected,finish was excellent.Should cost you around 2.5-3K.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 19:04   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post

Did you finally pay Stanley's for the job? Could you please PM me the cost of doing up your Duster and where exactly is their outlet? Also, did you find out of Karlsson is present in Hyderabad?
Went to Stanley...could not figure the Karlsson thing for Hyderabad.
Don't remember the exact quotes as had been there sometime back, but the classic leather with door trims and a creased pattern on the seat came to around 30 k or less and the Scandinavian was quoted at around 53-54k. From what I have read in the thread, classic is not recommended as it is meant for home furniture. If I go, I will go for Scandinavian. Though I feel the price tad to high to my liking.
Old 18th August 2013, 13:36   #238
Senior - BHPian

Where:Stanley Interiors, Bangalore
Installation done in: Jan 2010
Cost: Approx 42k
Leather type: Scandinavian

And this is how it looks

Fade on steering wheel
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dsc_0317-tbhp.jpg

Another pic of steering wheel, notice how the fade extends to the entire wheel
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dsc_0322-tbhp.jpg

Fading on drivers seat
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dsc_0324-tbhp.jpg

Drivers seat lower portion (near the knees)
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dsc_0325-tbhp.jpg

Driver's seat, upper portion (where the back would rest)
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dsc_0326-tbhp.jpg

Drivers' seat, where you sit
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dsc_0327-tbhp.jpg

Front passengers seat
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dsc_0329-tbhp.jpg

Front passengers seat
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dsc_0330-tbhp.jpg

Gear Knob
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-dsc_0331-tbhp_edited1.jpg

The Stanley staff at the showroom gave me the cold shoulder and told me that I am responsible for all this as:

a. I have not maintained the leather. When I told them i'd get it cleaned from them once in 4-5 months,they said
b. Its normal on all cars as the leather is old. Pointing at the old "Stanley" stickers.

Since they no longer have the same shade in the grade I've opted for nothing can be done except to re-do the interiors of the car.

My 2 cents: Highly NOT recommended. Please look at other options available,they are cheaper and may not sell such low quality products. These guys are seriously overrated and after the sale is made they give 2 hoots to any problems.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 18th August 2013 at 13:46.
shashank.nk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 14:32   #239
BHPian

Had the stanley seats on my dad only honda which was sold ,can't comment on the grade of leather or the cost

My rating:
- workmanship - perfect
- look and feel - perfect
- longevity - Perfect

The seats had not really changed from the condition they where in after the first day of install after so many years.
Old 18th August 2013, 14:44   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Where:Stanley Interiors, Bangalore
Installation done in: Jan 2010
Cost: Approx 42k
Leather type: Scandinavian

And this is how it looks

Fade on steering wheel
Attachment 1126317

Another pic of steering wheel, notice how the fade extends to the entire wheel
Attachment 1126318

Fading on drivers seat
Attachment 1126319

Drivers seat lower portion (near the knees)
Attachment 1126320

Driver's seat, upper portion (where the back would rest)
Attachment 1126321

Drivers' seat, where you sit
Attachment 1126322

Front passengers seat
Attachment 1126323

Front passengers seat
Attachment 1126324

Gear Knob
Attachment 1126325

The Stanley staff at the showroom gave me the cold shoulder and told me that I am responsible for all this as:

a. I have not maintained the leather. When I told them i'd get it cleaned from them once in 4-5 months,they said
b. Its normal on all cars as the leather is old. Pointing at the old "Stanley" stickers.

Since they no longer have the same shade in the grade I've opted for nothing can be done except to re-do the interiors of the car.

My 2 cents: Highly NOT recommended. Please look at other options available,they are cheaper and may not sell such low quality products. These guys are seriously overrated and after the sale is made they give 2 hoots to any problems.
Dear Shashank, considering the age of 3 years this is some thing normal with the leather, it need a lot of care and maintanence, i have seen the OE leather trims coming of premium brans like Merc, BMW and Audi's with the same problem.

Most Viewed