Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2015, 07:43   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Stanley & other Leather seat brands

Great choice of colour! Seats do look fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
The back and sides of the seats, the center arm rest and door arm rest are done in composite leather.
What is composite leather? Sorry but haven't heard this term before
Old 31st October 2015, 21:52   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

That's artificial leather or leatherette.
Old 25th November 2015, 02:42   #273

Am looking for leather options for my LC 200. Based here in UAE, can anyone guide me if this is available from India. I can have this picked up through a friend and get it locally fitted (worrying but no choice).

Looking for a favourable response.
Old 30th December 2015, 08:38   #274
BHPian

Sorry if this seems out of the blue - I went to Marvin Leather, Bangalore yesterday noon for seat covers for my Polo TDI and I must say it was very disappointing experience.

The sales guy was in no mood to sell the covers to me and did not even have the interest to show the different styles, colors etc., He seemed to suggest I pick what's available or just find another dealer.

Definitely won't recommend Marvin to anyone. As much as I loved their work on this forum and their website, its disappointing to note their attitude towards a potential customer is pathetic.
AbhiIyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 13:03   #275
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

Composite leather may be used to describe vinyl or non leather products but actually it is another term for reconstituted leather or leather board. commonly used in belts as the filler sandwich, it is made up of leather bits which are recycled and compacted to form a sheet of "leather board" which is then cut up as necessary for usage as belt fillers and so on.

Leatherette is PVC/ vinyl - it is an example of a "trade name" that became a synonym for a particular type of product, much the way that Xerox became synonymous with Photocopying.

most belts from the market which look nice and thick and feel like they have some "filler" in between the top outer layers, actually use fillers made of leather board.

You can see it sometimes peeking out at the belt holes especially if you have made a hole to make the belt fit you better.

the full leather belts are usually one thick strip of hide, which is finished in the manner of a belt. Personally, I prefer these.

However, there are lots of beautifully coloured synthetic options these days which look quite as good as a real leather belt but which are far less expensive.

PVC/ Vinyl seat covers are a very good option to consider. Because these days they are very well finished, have a very high "abrasion stress" resistance factor and the quality is great. Plus being synthetic they are blemish free and come in a myriad shades. Also, they are very easy to keep clean.

The surface of these PVC fabrics typically won't absorb stains etc unlike leather and hence, do very well in a high stress environment such as cars where there are people constantly eating and dropping things or creating ink stains and so on.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 05:56   #276
BHPian

Hi Friends, Any suggestions on Car seat cover shop in Hyderabad , I wanted to check art leather seat covers with beige and brown combination for Creta.
I went to Xenex in Madhapur Kavuri Hills, the designs were just OK.
Old 24th June 2016, 15:48   #277
AYP
Senior - BHPian

I got the steering, gear knob and the handbrake lever done in leather for my Ford Fiesta at Orchis Vikhroli in Mumbai. The steering wrap costed me Rs. 2500, the gear knob added Rs. 500 and the handbrake lever was done for Rs. 300. It was totally worth it and I would highly recommend it to someone looking for leather work in their cars.

Let the photos do the talking-

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_20160624_103227.jpg

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_20160624_103237.jpg

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_20160624_103258.jpg

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_20160624_104129.jpg

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_20160624_103307.jpg

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_20160624_103326.jpg

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-img_20160624_103343.jpg

Last edited by AYP : 24th June 2016 at 15:49.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 15:05   #278
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I am planning to get the Crysta Vx done in leather. I went to Stanley and asked for a quote.

They are quoting about 1.2 L for Nappa leather & 80k for Scandinavian

Nappa feels good but how good is it in comparison to the Scandinavian? Anybody has any usage based reviews of the Scandinavian?

Finally, is the price OK?
Old 25th July 2016, 22:49   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I got the steering, gear knob and the handbrake lever done in leather for my Ford Fiesta at Orchis Vikhroli in Mumbai. The steering wrap costed me Rs. 2500, the gear knob added Rs. 500 and the handbrake lever was done for Rs. 300. It was totally worth it and I would highly recommend it to someone looking for leather work in their cars.
This looks quite good, AYP!

Would you happen to know if these guys do door panels in leather too? If yes, an idea how much they charge? Thanks in advance!
jprash75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 23:51   #280
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprash75 View Post
This looks quite good, AYP!
Thanks. The steering wrap feels great indeed. The one on the handbrake keeps on sliding a bit and requires some adjustment at regular intervals. Getting it stitched directly to the handbrake might be a better option, if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprash75 View Post
Would you happen to know if these guys do door panels in leather too? If yes, an idea how much they charge? Thanks in advance!
Yes, they do door panels in leather. Don't remember the cost, and it will vary depending on the size of the door pads and your choice of inserts(leather or art leather). You can reach them at the mentioned contact number.

http://www.orchis.in/

Last edited by AYP : 25th July 2016 at 23:52.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 11:11   #281
BHPian

I am planning to get leather seat covers on my silver Polo TDI. What best options do i have in Hyderabad?

Stanley is one. But they quoted me 43k for the basic one. And 52k for the auto grade leather which they recommend.

I want the existing fabric seat covers removed and leather wrapped or pasted on the bare seat cushion. VW ASS had covers which you add on the existing seats which i think will not fit or look well.

So, best options for leather seat covers in Hyderabad?
Old 27th July 2016, 20:12   #282
Senior - BHPian

Is there anyone who makes Alacantra or Microsuede seat covers ?
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:58   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Thanks. The steering wrap feels great indeed. The one on the handbrake keeps on sliding a bit and requires some adjustment at regular intervals. Getting it stitched directly to the handbrake might be a better option, if possible.

Yes, they do door panels in leather. Don't remember the cost, and it will vary depending on the size of the door pads and your choice of inserts(leather or art leather). You can reach them at the mentioned contact number.

http://www.orchis.in/
Thanks to your pics, I have got my Fiesta Classic 1.6 today to Orchis to get the exact same things that you had got done - steering wheel, gear shifter knob, and handbrake lever - in black leather with silver grey stitching ☺

Can't afford genuine leather for the seats & door trim right now, and personally prefer the black & silver grey OE fabric over art leather - so decided not to touch the seats or door trim for now.

Showed him the pics you had posted here, and they (including a boy who is doing the stitching) claim to remember the work they did for you ☺

So, thanks once again!
jprash75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 20:44   #284
Senior - BHPian

Does Stanley, Karlsson or any other manufacturer do leather seats for cars with airbags in the seats? I'm inquiring specifically about X1 as only the M Sport version comes in leather. The other 3 variants come in art leather.
Old 21st January 2017, 09:34   #285
Senior - BHPian

A quick update / caution.

For the last 20 years, I have had my cars done by Stanley (but for my Duster, which I had done at Karlsson - not unhappy but won't go back again). I have always found them expensive but very customer oriented. Have been very happy with them. Until now.

I had my Crysta Interiors also done by Stanley. I am getting turned off by this time. The work that is done is the usual top quality. But what they have not done & their response is irritating.

They have not done the gear boot, the handbrake boot, handbrake handle, gear knob & the steering wrap l. Of these the steering wheel they have been against doing right from the beginning.i really want the steering in leather as I hate the wood top in the vx wheel and think it will slip in a critical situation. But they have resisted.
They have said things like (a) it will not stay (b) will affect the operation of the airbag & (c) the existing wheel wrap is already leather.

I am Not convinced any any of these arguments.

The other stuff they have been dragging their foot over after promising to do it - the whole shebang of bad customer service responses - not answering calls, texts; not keeping their word etc. I am very surprised by this as they have always done these on all my other cars without my even asking.

So new buyers beware.

Dont pay the remaining amount until you are satisfied.

Does anyone have any contact at Stanley I can escalate this to?
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks