Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 16:44   #1

Accessories for Palio MJD

Hi all,

You will probably see a flurry of these posts over the next couple of weeks. I'm preparing a list of accessories for my new Palio MJD. Have a couple of questions -

a) While the MJD has central locking, it is not linked with the key - if you know what I mean. If I stop the vehicle and remove the key, the car doors don't unlock. Similarly, if I start the vehicle, the car doors don't lock automatically. Is this what a remote car locking system such as Nippon would do? Ideally, I want something that automates this and enables remote locking. What are the options for a Palio?

b) I'm fitting sunfilms - considering Air 75 for the front windscreen (I understand it is clear) and Steel 50 for the side windows. Nothing for the rear. Is this okay?

c) The Palio is missing some useful cubbyholes - cup holder, bottleholder etc. Do any of you know any after-market fitment that can serve as alternative - between the seats preferably, behind the front seats otherwise?

All advice gladly welcomed. I've posted in the Palio ICE thread for inputs on ICE. Please comment there as well.

/vv
Old 10th September 2008, 10:53   #2

Anybody?

Need an answer to atleast the first question. The second - I'll go with the general advice on the forums - and the third - while desirable, is not strictly needed 'right now'.

tia,
/vv
Old 10th September 2008, 12:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

palio has a cup holder in the glove box lid but its a bit useless and definitely not to be used if car is moving

regarding remote unlock any solution from autocop, xenos etc will serve you and pefoem all the functions you are looking for.

for tints are you sure you want to get something in front ? in case it peels or something later it can be a pain.
Old 10th September 2008, 13:53   #4

@bottle: Thanks. I don't remember seeing such a holder in my car..but will check in the evening. Have you see any after-market fitments that could be of some use instead? The MJD's side (door) slots are too narrow to hold a bottle. I'm considering installing one of those bicycle bottle cages along the A-pillar (driver's side). It think it would be a snug fit and will hold a bottle easy. Cups are something else, entirely. Any ideas appreciated.

From the multitude of threads on this forum about sun-films, it appears a lot of people do go in for clear film for the front. I rather think, the car will heat up rather unneccesarily from the front even if I do protect the sides. It is the biggest piece of glass, after all.

Thanks for that tip about autocop/xenos.

/vv
Old 11th September 2008, 00:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

the gap between the handbrake and font eats fits a 500ml bottle (coke/fanta) perfectly : am using that to hold water

i would advise against anything on pillars or at least driver side in case it impairs peripheral vision

Most Viewed