Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 13:33   #271
BHPian

Another trip to Kerala with around 3000kms added on the Odo. After my last service I have ensured that the car can be maintained by anybody. No special care is needed, service done at MASS, no other hassles.

The only thing special about the car in terms of maintainance is
1. Mobil 1 Fully synth
2. UNI Foam filter (but many run a open filter nowadays so service guys know what to do or rather what not to do).

Mileage remains consistent. Scratching my head what else to report.

Earlier Iceman had asked a question what rpm in 4th equals 195, so posting a pic below.
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno Powered by RDDreams - Street Build-baleno200kph.jpg  

Old 8th October 2009, 23:45   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
UNI Filter needs to be cleaned. Exhaust got bend because I ground it on some mountain bumps. This is one thing that need fixing. I need to do the center muffler similar to Binz exhaust.
Time to meet up! .. i still havent been in your car
Old 9th October 2009, 10:40   #273
BHPian

Yeah call me when u r free. Lets catch up.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:14   #274
BHPian

I just finished my 50000kms service and run around 700 more kms. There is nothing much to update though, and i gues a update with nothing much is pretty boring.

I finished off the Roesch breake pads in 11K kms. These are lovely but not very good VFM. Rs. 6.5k for 11000 kms, is not everybody's cuppa. I could not find replacement in time so running SGP for the time being.

Meanwhile for the next change I bought a set of EBC greens from US. At 60 dollars these are cheaper than SGP pads! Will test it soon.

Another sad news is that Konis have stopped production for Baleno. Managed to get one of the last few sets from Aussie, landed cost is almost killing. But i am in love with these shocks, so is my friend.

I am not planning any more mods on the car. Love the way its running. Besides I have another bike project which I started recently which is taking up most of my resources and time. Maybe will come back later with another baleno project.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:02   #275
BHPian

Quote:
I just finished my 50000kms service and run around 700 more kms. There is nothing much to update though, and i gues a update with nothing much is pretty boring.

I finished off the Roesch breake pads in 11K kms. These are lovely but not very good VFM. Rs. 6.5k for 11000 kms, is not everybody's cuppa. I could not find replacement in time so running SGP for the time being.

Meanwhile for the next change I bought a set of EBC greens from US. At 60 dollars these are cheaper than SGP pads! Will test it soon.

Another sad news is that Konis have stopped production for Baleno. Managed to get one of the last few sets from Aussie, landed cost is almost killing. But i am in love with these shocks, so is my friend.

I am not planning any more mods on the car. Love the way its running. Besides I have another bike project which I started recently which is taking up most of my resources and time. Maybe will come back later with another baleno project.
Next time when I am in town, I will drop in to check your car since I would be staying close by.. if you do come across owners selling their konis, please let me know. I can just dream of buying one now..

Btw I plan to go for better springs, lets see how much of a difference it makes..
Old 14th June 2010, 12:45   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am not planning any more mods on the car. Love the way its running.
Nice to hear! That always means that you have the car setup exactly the way you wanted it and anything more unplanned will be overkill and might even dilute the driving experience.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:35   #277
BHPian

Vinod, drop by anytime man, you know my number. Springs is not the key, damping is the secret. Think about it.

Mahesh, your perfect understanding means that you have reached the same state as well. Have fun, end of it all thats all that matters.
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:36   #278
BHPian

Well my long journey will soon come to an end. After three long years, I have decided to part with the car. I will be quitting my job end of this year, so the car has to. Will soon put up the details and this thread will serve as a sweet memory.
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:28   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

OMG! This is really sad! What are you doing with the car? I mean are you bringing it to stock and selling it or in an as is condition?
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:01   #280
Team-BHP Support

Wow, what happened? Are you going abroad?
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:16   #281
Senior - BHPian

Wassup Mohit you planning to relocate abroad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
OMG! This is really sad! What are you doing with the car? I mean are you bringing it to stock and selling it or in an as is condition?
Considering the mods undergone it would be time consuming to bring it back to stock.
Old 24th July 2010, 09:36   #282
BHPian

Yeah its sad. I am planning to pursue my MBA. Things should be much clearer in a couple of months.

No this is such a sweet setup that there is no point bringing it back to stock.

The sad part is everything has to go. The car has to go, RD, RX,CBZ. I hope to keep the RZ atleast till I am able to come back. But I really doubt that too.
Old 24th July 2010, 10:02   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to hear Mohit. You could also explore the possibility of finding a caretaker for the car rather than selling it.
Old 24th July 2010, 12:45   #284
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Don't sell the car
Old 24th July 2010, 15:40   #285
Senior - BHPian

How about a run against my VTEC one of these weekends before you leave???
Closed Thread

Most Viewed