Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2005, 02:45   #1
BHPian

can a moulded bumper be repaired.

Hi Team,
my 3 month old Indigo's front bumper got punched in. This dent is on the left side below the headlight. It approx 4 in wide and 3 in deep.
the dealer said i need to replace the bumper and the cost of the bumper and painting would be around 5000/-
is there some place in mumbai where this work can be done so lesser cost.
the car colour is metallic silver.

if you guys of a good painting workshop please let me know, i would prefer something along the western side.

thanks

pankaj.
Old 22nd March 2005, 14:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

If your bumper hasnt cracked and there is just a concave crease in it then im sure it can be repaired and painted instead of going in for a new one. No idea about mumbai im sure the other guys can refer you to a decent place.
Old 22nd March 2005, 15:12   #3
BANNED

well the dealer wants to make some money is what i would say
a 4" x 3" dent is very small and can surely be repaired i think any
garage person should be able to do it
i dunno any paint guy so lets see what the others have to say
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:23   #4
BHPian

yes autop its a smooth concave with no cracks, even the paint is fine.
i dont want to replace the whole thing just want to push the concave out.
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

From what i've heard from a garage mechanic, to repair a dent like that...the bumper has to be heated and coaxed back into shape...

So if it has to be heated than more or less...you have to get the bumper painted. I think painting a bumper should cost you no more than 1500-2000 bucks.

Theres a place on the highway at nerul, which can do it for you. I had my fender painted from there...and you cannot tell the area which is repainted.
If you decide to go to the showroom, then be ready to pay more.

Drifter
Old 22nd March 2005, 21:21   #6
Team-BHP Support

read what happened with my honda:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1680

Last edited by ajmat : 22nd March 2005 at 21:23.
Old 24th March 2005, 00:39   #7
BHPian

Very simple go to sion koliwada and just wait there for a couple of minutes youll have a whole gang of men swarming you and you can tell them that you want to get that bump fixed and itll become brand new in a matter of 30 mins maximum as i had the same done on my accents rear bumper and the whole thing should not cost you more than Rs 250-300 i got the persons cell no pm me and ill give it to you so that you dont spend time haggling for the price and the person wholl do the work for you.
Out of personal experience youll be more than happy with the work.
Old 26th March 2005, 05:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libre sito
Very simple go to sion koliwada and just wait there for a couple of minutes youll have a whole gang of men swarming you and you can tell them that you want to get that bump fixed and itll become brand new in a matter of 30 mins maximum as i had the same done on my accents rear bumper and the whole thing should not cost you more than Rs 250-300.
Are you sure?? Because as to what Pankaj mentioned his car would defiantely need a bumper repaint which would cost around 1500rs.For the denting work alone,it should cost him around 500-1000rs depending on what has to be done.
But pankaj,go and check up at koliwada with that person Libre's talking about.
I would definately not recommend koliwada.The job might be good initially,but its not long lasting.So better be sure of where you getting the job done.

X
Old 26th March 2005, 23:27   #9
BHPian

Hey x man only judging as per what pankaj said that his bumper is only moulded in and there is no paint crack that is why i recomended koliwada as the rest of the garages will either ask him to replace it or theyll do it up and tell him to repaint it.
The same had happened to my accent and i paid a fellow in kolida 350 overall to remove the bump and to remonve minor scrathces.I was pretty happy with the work. Also this same guy got me a Hondas window winder for 1300 where as when i sent the car to honda they had quoted like 8000 or in the where abouts im not exactly sure.
Old 26th March 2005, 23:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

guys,
i am not sure about this,but have heard of garages in mumbai removing body dents with vacuum.so in this way all they do is apply vacuum to the dent and pull it .so u dont need to paint also.

so pls check this and do inform us.

cheers,
satya
Old 26th March 2005, 23:48   #11
BHPian

One of my friends Hondas rear quater pannel was dented and when he asked the people in honda how the dent would be removed they said they would use a magnet.
So im guessing that they use a powerfull electro magnet or a permanent magnet or some thing of that sort.
How ever this was for the metal body.
Havent heard abt this vaccum system though if you think of it you will have to create one hell of a powerfull vaccum as it cannot be done with our traditional vaccum clearners they just let go of the object if you pull to hard.
Old 26th March 2005, 23:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

hey libre,

now this magnet thing is something new.like the vacuum.
and this vacuum is not through a vacuum cleaner.its supposedly effective in removing dents on doors ,dicky doors,side panels and the like.

so if it can be done,then you dont need to repaint.

cheers,
satya
Old 27th March 2005, 00:21   #13
BHPian

Hey but i think theyll charge a bomb to get that dent removed using a vaccum as honda quoted my friend a bomb to remove and repaint the dent so he just let it be and soon sold it of to buy a skoda L&K
Old 27th March 2005, 01:04   #14
BANNED

hi all..........i am sunny.i`m from new delhi.i am 19 years old,studying in second year n into my dads business of sale and purchase of pre-owned cars from last 2 yrs.i am a total car freakkkkk.basically my interests are only in modded cars and super luxury cars.i do know autopsyche also.HEY ARUSH BHAIYA,remember me?we met in def. col. the day u did that black lancer DEMONIC.i m eklavya`s friend.i had a blue honda n was asking u bout its vertical door kit.remember?.the white lancer u ppl saw here was of my friend eklavya.its a total mind boggler.ofcourse coz autopsyche did a grt job in that.

PANKAJ - bout that dent on ur front bumper,if its not cracked,u can easily get it repaired at a cheap cost,but as far as the paint job is concerned,it will cost u around rs1000 to rs1300.(i got the front n back bumpers and the side skirting of my honda city painted for rs2500 that to not a quicky job.it was done very properly. its good to be in this business )
Old 30th March 2005, 02:12   #15
BHPian

hey guys
i am going to this place close to my house, they mostly do painting work on honda and accents. this repairmen told me it would cost me rs150 or 200 and the bumper will be fixed in about 40mins.
he will take the bumper out and bring it back in shape.

lets see, will post again once i get the bumper fixed

thanks
pankaj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks