Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2005, 14:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I mean, who would want to invest in getting an aftermarket CC installed in their car?

There's no doubt that 99% of the car owning population here, would prioritize music systems, better tyres, fancy alloy wheels, add on kits and engine modifications over cruise control.

Shan2nu
As tarun mentioned earlier, I think we lost the track this thread was intended to follow. this thread was not about whether to install cruise control or not or whether it makes sense or not. it was about HOW to get cruise control installed. Sad to see even the moderators missing the original intent of this thread.

As far as money is concerned, its really upto the person who wants to spend it. U cant generalise as far as money is concerned. For example, if i am driving a car thats paid for by my dad and am getting 10K as pocket money to spend on the car, of course i wont spend it on cruise control coz am a rice boy who cares more about zipping around in a peppy car than the finer pleasures of owning the car. But if i worked hard to earn 4.5 lacs and bought a 4 lac car, with 50k left over, then its really upto me to decide where to spend the remaining cash... if i want someone's opinion about how to spend it, i'd start a thread titled "I got 50K, where to spend on the car?"

So lets stop discussing whether its worth it or not.... its really the call of the person who has the money, and he aint asking anyone's opinion on how to spend it.

And since i dont know how to get cruise control installed, or where to get it installed, i wont post anything more on this thread.

I hope the moderators take action to get this thread on the right track.

Thats the last from me on this.

Adios
Amitoj
Old 27th March 2005, 14:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
]this thread was not about whether to install cruise control or not or whether it makes sense or not. it was about HOW to get cruise control installed. Sad to see even the moderators missing the original intent of this thread
So, why didn't you mention this in your first post when all of us were lecturing on it's usefulness. That would have ended it right there.

Each one of us (including you) is equally responsible for where this thread has reached.

You just can't be a part of something and then come to the conclusion that others are to be held responsible.

I'm ready to take the blame, yup i was responsible for all this but, i'm not the only one.

None of us said that wer're not gonna allow Tarun from getting CC installed in his car. We were just trying to give him other options.

But, none of the info here is a waste for even if Tarun overlooks them, there is bound to be someone out there, who must have been considering CC but, has decided to go i for something more worthwhile, after reading our comments.

I don't understand y you seem to be getting worked up. It's not like we're trying to talk Tarun out of getting himself a seatbelt, ABS and any other safety device.

There's no rule on team-bhp which prevents people from suggesting something else.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 27th March 2005 at 15:12.
Old 27th March 2005, 15:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
yo tarun, we bhpians love the skodas and the vtecs, and they are ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. so, don't you dare turn against those beautiful machines!!!!! .
amen! god bless variable valves and lift control!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
the money would be better spent in features like the A.B.S , which, by the way, is becoming mandatory, and also, is a much better investment, considering the safety offered.
huh? ABS is becoming mandatory? when, how? details please

sorry if i'm going off topic...but this really caught my eye!
Old 27th March 2005, 15:43   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
huh? ABS is becoming mandatory? when, how? details please
He was reffering to aftermarket ABS.

Shan2nu
Old 27th March 2005, 16:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

Arghhh guys! Coming to the original question, where to get CC installed and how?

It is relatively easy to install a Universal Cruise Control System on any car however it does need to be handled and installed very carefully.

Here is a link on the explanation of the systems and connections.

http://www.the12volt.com/cruises/cruises.asp#mech

Rostra one of the leading manufacturers of universal CC Systems would be the optimal choice. I had this system installed in my automatic '89 Ford Probe which came sans cruise control in the base model. I often had to drive down to chicago (from kalamazoo, MI where i was studying) and it really helped a lot on the highways.

Tarun, i hope this gives u some technical info on how to go about it. The best bet would be to go in for such a system. PM me if you are really keen on installing it on your zen we could help you out withthe installation anytime.

The delhi-Jaipur highway definitely has a few stretches where you could utilize such a feature even if for just 2 mins with a few seconds of breaks! I love the drive out there however since its more for fun i prefer the old school pedal system hehe

Regards,
Arush

Last edited by autopsyche : 27th March 2005 at 16:57.
Old 27th March 2005, 20:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Each one of us (including you) is equally responsible for where this thread has reached.
please read my post again... i said "EVEN the moderators.." general english rules would imply that its not jus the moderators who are being held responsible.

Quote:

You just can't be a part of something and then come to the conclusion that others are to be held responsible.
With power, comes responsibility.... moderators have more power and hence more responsibility. Now i am not saying that moderators are not doing their job well (knowing how my arguments are being deciphered, i am sure this horrific conclusion will be deduced from it) The moderators are doing top job on this forum. its jus one incidence of slippage i thot i should highlight.... u know, moderate the moderator kinds.

Quote:
I'm ready to take the blame, yup i was responsible for all this but, i'm not the only one.
so wot should "others" do??

Quote:
None of us said that wer're not gonna allow Tarun from getting CC installed in his car. We were just trying to give him other options.

But, none of the info here is a waste for even if Tarun overlooks them, there is bound to be someone out there, who must have been considering CC but, has decided to go i for something more worthwhile, after reading our comments.

I don't understand y you seem to be getting worked up. It's not like we're trying to talk Tarun out of getting himself a seatbelt, ABS and any other safety device.

Shan2nu
Now here you are again harping the same old tune. Tarun did not ask for anyone's opinion on how to spend his money. Its none of anyone's business to tell him where he should spend his hard earned money. If you know where he can get a cruise control, then say it, otherwise there is no point in discussing the merits n demerits of cruise control. we have agreed to disagree on that front long time back. U think its a waste i think it can be useful if user is smart. Period... wots the point in repeating again n again that its a waste? agreed u think its a waste... heard u first time sir.. analysed ur argument... found a flaw... no answer to that flaw... so ur argument was not accepted. live with it!

yeah yeah i had said in my last post that that was my last post. But i think i am a Last Word Freak. cant help it. besides couldnt let my post be misunderstood or misinterpreted.

Sorry!

Amitoj
Old 27th March 2005, 21:22   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its none of anyone's business to tell him where he should spend his hard earned money
So, how does that concern you? This discussion was between us and Tarun, how did you come into the picture?

Quote:
Tarun did not ask for anyone's opinion on how to spend his money.
No he didn't but, he did mention that he felt CC was a necessity for everyone doing long distance driving which automatically brings up the topic of "whether it is necessary or not". This thread wasn't entirely about installing CC.

We suggest, you ease off a bit and let the thread move on.

Shan2nu
Old 27th March 2005, 21:24   #53
Senior - BHPian

This topic is closed!

Last edited by Stratos : 27th March 2005 at 21:27.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks