Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2009, 15:36   #31
BHPian

Yeah, you can use the locking wheel nuts but you should get yourself locking wheel nut removers

I m just pondering why Santro is preferred ? I m sure there are lesser takers for the second hand tires !!
Old 1st March 2009, 18:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
Today morning, i witnesed a new trend of car theifs in NCR. Rather than taking away the car these guys are more interested in wheels. All the for wheels of my santro were missing, along with wheel of two other cars. The car was resting on ground without any wheels. Santro being the favourite of these theifs as out of thee, two were santro.
I Am not sure from where to get new rims in Delhi, i dont think any delear would be having spare rims as no one needs them until now, and how much they will cost ?
All the for tyres (bridgestone)were almost new(done some 8 thousand kms).

any clue from where i can buy new ones ??
thats insane! i've never heard of anything like this ever! Where were you parked? I mean didn't anyone notice them take your wheels off and how on earth did they rest your car on the ground without keeping it on stilts or supports? Sounds almost impossible man. I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:23   #33
BHPian

I've heard of this sort of theft before, but I thought it was more of a prank than a theft. I mean, surely tires and rims can't fetch you that much money?
Old 1st March 2009, 22:29   #34
BHPian

This used to be common practice in the UK, people would leave your car on stilts and go off with the wheels, if they are alloys, thats why many euro manufacturers provide locking wheel nuts standard, this must be a first for India I hope it doesn't become a trend like stealing logos.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
I hope it doesn't become a trend like stealing logos.
AMEN! I've actually had my logo stolen right outside my office building.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

today there was some new's on the channel,around 40 stereo's were stolen from the cars parked in mayur vihar delhi.
Old 1st March 2009, 23:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

If there is a market called second hand bazaar in Delhi, then visit them. You will find most of the stolen stuff there. Just my 2 cents...
Old 1st March 2009, 23:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
This used to be common practice in the UK, people would leave your car on stilts and go off with the wheels, if they are alloys, thats why many euro manufacturers provide locking wheel nuts standard, this must be a first for India I hope it doesn't become a trend like stealing logos.
True if you was luck they would leave the car standing on bricks or even on a cheap jack. Not much theft of this type anymore in the UK.
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:17   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
thats insane! i've never heard of anything like this ever! Where were you parked? I mean didn't anyone notice them take your wheels off and how on earth did they rest your car on the ground without keeping it on stilts or supports? Sounds almost impossible man. I'm sorry for your loss.

Attached is the image. The car was parked in empty plot next to our house. the best part is there is a seprate guard for our block ( some 50 houses ). wheels from two more cars were stolen from same pocket.

The car was resting on the ground (no support).
Attached Thumbnails
Car security system let me down!! (Wheels stolen!)-img_30231.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2009, 16:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
Attached is the image. The car was parked in empty plot next to our house. the best part is there is a seprate guard for our block ( some 50 houses ). wheels from two more cars were stolen from same pocket.

The car was resting on the ground (no support).
Oh wow. Honestly, I wouldn''t believe it if I hadn't seen it. Crazy! I wonder how they got it done. And as for your gaurd, I hope you gave him a piece of your mind...

Most Viewed