Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 17:58   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
@ Sujith: Let's do this.

Option 1: Take it up with the Cochin Dealer that you are once bitten & so twice shy. So, you will have a second opinion now & if you are driving around...try using it for a trip to Bangalore. The dealer over there has a nice bodyshop. Whatever is the expense on the paint portion, the dealer can cross charge between themselves.

Option 2: BMW dealers use Glassurit or Standox. You will have their representatives in Cochin. Do not reliy on the word of bodyshop people. Take an opinion from the Paint professionals.
I asked them regarding Glassurit and Standox and BMW service head told me not to worry and bring the car tomorrow and they will go to any extent till i am satisfied and they told me they will make sure that my car looks like brand new.

So i guess i am gonna give the car to them tomorrow and lets see what is happening .

Asked them regarding the bangalore stuff and they told me that they do have a much better bodyshop and they will do it and if i ain't still satisfied they are even ready to send the car on their expense to bangalore and do it.

Seems like they are very keen to clear the mess they created .

Hope everything clears up .

Thankx
Old 14th January 2009, 21:42   #182
BHPian

@ Sujith: Loved reading the response from your dealer. That is indeed a very honest statement by the workshop manager & it looks like they are earnestly approaching the subject. Sh**t happens...and the only way out is to clean up the mess & move on. Do keep us posted on what is the final outcome.

As well, if your car (God Forbid) ends up being referred to Bangalore, just remember that Standox is based there. Connect with them before any solution is tried.

Off Topic: It is amazing that despite us being automobile enthusiasts to varying degrees...we end up downgrading the support staff at the workshops. When I read posts like yours, a couple of entries below...I read stuff like BSing etc commented by someone. But that's not the case always & we do have people at workshops willing to take responsibilities & also at times bail us out just in case we ourself create a grand F*up.
Old 23rd January 2009, 09:21   #183
BHPian

Guys need your help once again
Gave the car for repolishing on monday and currently i am in delhi .
Got a call today from BMW and they told me that the vehicle was ready and they told that removing the clear and reapplying a new layer of clear was not required.

Instead they used thier hand to polish the car for 2 days and everything is clear now.

My question now is when i go to town on 26 to collect the car how do i know that everything is clear and there is no minite issue .

I want to know this because they told me if i was not satisfied then they woulds apply new layer of clear

Please help

Last edited by sujithnk : 23rd January 2009 at 09:22.
Old 23rd January 2009, 09:27   #184
BHPian

Guys its very difficult to see this during morning time .

Does anyone know any kind of technique that can be used to detect whether its compleatly clear and as brand new .

Thanks
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:55   #185
Senior - BHPian

Use a torch with a tight focus. One of those Britelites with LEDs work perfect for this. Shine the light straight onto the paint. If there are scratches, they'll show up instantly.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:14   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Park it inside the service station. They are usually covered and lit by tubelights on the ceiling so that would help spot the defects.
Old 24th January 2009, 10:35   #187
BHPian

guys BMW service manager called me today and told me that it was still visible even after 2 days of hand polishing .

He told me he grilled the polishing team which apparently is not inhouse but a company named WURTH . He told me BMW will cancel thier contract.

Back to the car Wurth told they are planning to use swrill remover lotion which is thier last option .

Someome could help me out whether this swrill remover will damage my car coat.
Old 24th January 2009, 14:56   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
guys BMW service manager called me today and told me that it was still visible even after 2 days of hand polishing .

He told me he grilled the polishing team which apparently is not inhouse but a company named WURTH . He told me BMW will cancel thier contract.

Back to the car Wurth told they are planning to use swrill remover lotion which is thier last option .

Someome could help me out whether this swrill remover will damage my car coat.
Hadnt heard about it and googled. Was happen to know something like that exists.

Pinnacle Complete Swirl Remover Kit

"Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover brings “user-friendly” to a whole new level! Diminishing abrasives and water-based lubricants blend away imperfections gradually, leaving a smooth paint surface. This tempered approach to polishing eliminates imperfections while being extremely gentle on the paint. Pinnacle’s diminishing abrasives are tempered to break down slowly and evenly under the motion of the oscillating pad. A dual action polisher provides just the right motion and friction to maximize the performance and working time of these abrasives. This approach softens the abrasives’ impact on the paint, which ultimately preserves more of the paint. If you have a newer vehicle or meticulously maintained paint, Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover is for you."
Old 24th January 2009, 17:35   #189
Senior - BHPian

Companies that make car waxes have swirl removers in their portfolio (Meguiar's, for example). These things remove a thin layer of clear coat to get rid of swirl marks. Yes, it is removing a percentage of the clear coat, but I wouldn't call that damaging the paint.

The people have reduced the life of your paintjob though. Cuz once you run out of clear coat to slice off, you'll have to coat it again, which is an expensive proposition.
Old 7th February 2009, 18:32   #190
BHPian

Does anyone know any hidden codes or any ways of tuning the stereo for 530D.

After the software upgrade i had for my bluetooth i kinda felt my settings in audio have changed and its very loud now.

just want to know whether there are any hidden menus other than the normal bass and treble menu where i can fine tune the audio system.

searched a lot on net but unsuccessful

thanks

Swirl remover worked . car looks brand new now.

was out of station so i couldn't update on that

Last edited by sujithnk : 7th February 2009 at 18:33.
Old 13th February 2009, 15:58   #191
BHPian

Hi Sujith,
Could u please tell us more about what the Software upgrade was for the Bluetooth?
Any noticable difference? any Addition of features?

The dealer here told me that the bluetooth addon for the 520d is now available for Rs.22,000/- which i think is a good price now, as earlier it was around 45-50k.

thanks.
Old 14th February 2009, 12:57   #192
BHPian

Hi Guys, Anyone have any experience with Vkool films on their Beemer's? Was thinking of putting it (V-kool 75) and was just wondering. Also, is it advisable to install on the front windscreen? My main aim is to reduce heat buildup inside the car and to increase the life of the interior trim.
Old 14th February 2009, 15:07   #193
Senior - BHPian

VK-70 is better than 75.

Use the top end Diamond series on the sides.

They work well and IMHO, you get what you pay for.
Old 15th February 2009, 12:41   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hi Sujith,
Could u please tell us more about what the Software upgrade was for the Bluetooth?
Any noticable difference? any Addition of features?

The dealer here told me that the bluetooth addon for the 520d is now available for Rs.22,000/- which i think is a good price now, as earlier it was around 45-50k.

thanks.
I had to upgrade the software for the bluetooth kit but 2.

2 cars including mine had minor glitches but nevertheless it is just amazing and even works with blackberry bold .

also it transfers all the number to the car memory and you can make calls directly from the i drive

worth every penny .
i got mine for 34k
Old 15th February 2009, 13:25   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

@ID: can you confirm the part numbers given at that price? At 22k I think I might get one too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks