Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:48   #196
BHPian

Sahil! hello again after a bit of gap!

sorry for the delay in the pics mate, i still remember the pics you asked for - the tyres from front and side right? will get you those in a few days!

I dont know the part number, but i was clearly told that it is for 22k now. Still available as of today.
The reason i am not opting for it now is that it doesn't have privacy. its like, 70% of the times i travel in the car, there is someone else with me too. If dad is there, cant take wife's call, or if with friends, cant take some other confidential calls

I saw a very good Rear view Mirror Bluetooth System (attaches over the existing rear view mirror) in 2007 in the Computex in Taiwan where they had bluetooth speakers built behind the mirror, and had a display in the mirror where it would show the caller's name and number (name started showing in 2008 models) and they came with a bluetooth headset too stuck by magnet on the driver side of the mirror! so you can take out and use the bluetooth headset any time you are in need of some privacy.
Unfortunately cant use that in this car as there is the senson on the mirror.

Bytheway Sahil, i am so happy with the SB that i got it in my Laura, and my cousins Fabia, and have just received the SB for my cousins Innova too! The Innova has gone on a business tour and will be back in a weeks time, and will then install it! Hinting you to have got one already! Our member here - Venkat from hyd, has also ordered for it for his new 2009 520d! Awaiting delivery!

Oh btw, The AWESOME thing about the 2009 520d is that it comes standard with a USB port and Bluetooth! argh! How much i wanted a usb port!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 3rd March 2009 at 23:51.
Old 4th April 2009, 00:30   #197
BHPian

Hey Long time just updating

Got my new ipod kit fixed and am really happy with the performance

My M body kit is just around the corner

Had trouble with the swirl marks after polishing and they tried re polishing thrice to no avail

Now i was told that the current clear coat will be removed and a full clear coat for the car will be done all for FREE
VERY HAPPY WITH THAT

Bluetooth kit works great

Updated the software and now i can fold and open the rear view mirrors with my remote key something i badly wanted cause i
always forget to fold the rear view mirrors after i lock the car

All together Very happy with the car and the dealer

Please help regarding the removal of clear and giving a new clear coat for the car . Anything i should be aware of PLZ HELP

Note from Support: Please limit smileys to 2/post.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th April 2009 at 20:13. Reason: See note. No SMS please.
Old 4th April 2009, 03:25   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Am getting the Bluetooth fitted in a day or two. Does it sync all contacts from iPhone and Nokia symbian40 phones?
Also does the phonebook get compiled and stored on the idrive? Or does it show contacts only of current phone connected?
Old 4th April 2009, 13:06   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Am getting the Bluetooth fitted in a day or two. Does it sync all contacts from iPhone and Nokia symbian40 phones?
Also does the phonebook get compiled and stored on the idrive? Or does it show contacts only of current phone connected?
Which ever phone you pair the phone contacts get stored in i drive but i also think idrive updates the contacts periodically
Old 7th April 2009, 01:44   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
Which ever phone you pair the phone contacts get stored in i drive but i also think idrive updates the contacts periodically
Tried the bluetooth out on my 520d today, works brilliantly with the iPhone.
However, when I press the voice dial button on the steering, the lady says "No contacts saved" Is it because the iPhone does not have the voice dial feature or this just doesn't work on any phone?

Will hopefully get the time to get it fixed in my 525d tomorrow.
Old 8th April 2009, 23:47   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Tried the bluetooth out on my 520d today, works brilliantly with the iPhone.
However, when I press the voice dial button on the steering, the lady says "No contacts saved" Is it because the iPhone does not have the voice dial feature or this just doesn't work on any phone?

Will hopefully get the time to get it fixed in my 525d tomorrow.
My voice dial button doesn't even work ;(
i spoke to them and they told me it wont work
tomorrow i am calling them for sure.

They told me voice dial is only available on 7 series

thanks
Old 9th April 2009, 10:35   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My voice dial button doesn't even work ;(
i spoke to them and they told me it wont work
tomorrow i am calling them for sure.

They told me voice dial is only available on 7 series

thanks
The 525d is at the workshop right now for the bluetooth fitment. I'll revert back if the voice dial works once the car is back.

But it works like a charm on the 520d, you can redial,say the name/number to dial,cancel, several other options.
Old 9th April 2009, 19:34   #203
BHPian

Quote:
The 525d is at the workshop right now for the bluetooth fitment. I'll revert back if the voice dial works once the car is back.

But it works like a charm on the 520d, you can redial,say the name/number to dial,cancel, several other options.
I spoke to bmw regarding this and they said to me that in your car you would have fixed some voice control unit
If not that he told me that it would be the new model but i told him that you did not fix a extra voice control unit nor it was a new car

so he told me he would check into the matter and let me know
Old 9th April 2009, 19:50   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to bmw regarding this and they said to me that in your car you would have fixed some voice control unit
If not that he told me that it would be the new model but i told him that you did not fix a extra voice control unit nor it was a new car

so he told me he would check into the matter and let me know
My 520d is new ! I got it 4 days back, it has the new iDrive knob
Old 10th April 2009, 22:05   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

525d came back today with the bluetooth fitted. Voice dial does not work for me too

My iPhone bluetooth sync was perfect but the Nokia 6500classic's phonebook does not load. It did load on the 520d perfectly, cant figure out the problem!
Old 11th April 2009, 00:31   #206
BHPian

Guys, these chaps at BMW are really strange.

The 530d highline which I got in Aug 2008 and had the bluetooth kit fitted separately, does not have voice control.

However, I also bought a 320d baseline in Nov 2008 and had the bluetooth kit fitted (I am told its the same as the 5 series) and surprisingly this has voice control.

Go figure.....

Last edited by ecclipse78 : 11th April 2009 at 00:33.
Old 11th April 2009, 01:33   #207
BHPian

Quote:
525d came back today with the bluetooth fitted. Voice dial does not work for me too

My iPhone bluetooth sync was perfect but the Nokia 6500classic's phonebook does not load. It did load on the 520d perfectly, cant figure out the problem!
Just delete the phone and re pair it a few times until it loads properly.

that is how i paired my blackberry bold.

I just wanna know whether we can get a voice control unit for the ones that are not there .

Any info on this please help

thanks
Old 11th April 2009, 13:58   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just delete the phone and re pair it a few times until it loads properly.

that is how i paired my blackberry bold.

I just wanna know whether we can get a voice control unit for the ones that are not there .

Any info on this please help

thanks
Tried deleting and repairing several times with 4 digit,6 digit and 8 digit passkeys but no luck.

The 6500c has 1200 odd numbers in it's phonebook, maybe thats the culprit. Was told that the newer cars like the 520d have 2gb memory onboard the iDrive hence can take a larger load for contacts.
Old 11th April 2009, 17:48   #209
Senior - BHPian

Phone numbers take up next to nothing in terms of memory. I have nearly a thousand SMSs on my E6 and it has taken up 4% of the available 7.8MB of internal memory. Phone numbers take up even less space.

Your bluetooth system isn't simply capable of downloading the phonebook. It must be a simple software upgrade away from having that capability - you just have to convince BMW to take the effort.
Old 11th April 2009, 19:28   #210
BHPian

Ok guys i have a good news
Voice control unit is available for 530d and i just placed the order for it

Pricing is not yet available .

I was told that loads of function like turning the tv ON then RADIO ,AC ETC and also the voice dial can be done with this unit.

will let know the cost soon .
thanks

I totally agree with ImmortalZ
1200 numbers wont even take 2 MB space .

i had a problem with my idrive which used to get stuck . it was not a problem but BMW had to atleast update my software atleast 5 times for it to rectify

Last edited by sujithnk : 11th April 2009 at 19:32.

Most Viewed