Old 20th August 2008, 12:37   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Tests - Inline fix - Business Standard Motoring

Isn't that Speedy's car?
Old 20th August 2008, 13:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Mav, did you guys paint those rims on the X5 or powdercoat them to black?

I have been thinking about getting my rims painted to a hypersilver finish similar to the AC schnitzer or M5 166m rim's color.
How do you think they would look on the 525d radial spoke 244 rims? Also what would this approx cost?

P.S: Just noticed that the 320d has its exhaust tip facing straight up, do all 320d have it this way? Most german diesel including the 5 and E have it facing downwards
No Sahil, the Black rims came factory painted with tyres fitted on them.Ur rims should look good in hyperblack.. try doing some photoshop on the rims, u will get the idea.As for the 320d exhaust, a chrome tip extension has been fitted to the original pipe.If u observe very closely u can see the original pipe inside.
Old 20th August 2008, 13:51   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
No Sahil, the Black rims came factory painted with tyres fitted on them.Ur rims should look good in hyperblack.. try doing some photoshop on the rims, u will get the idea.As for the 320d exhaust, a chrome tip extension has been fitted to the original pipe.If u observe very closely u can see the original pipe inside.
I am not a big fan of black alloys, i was thinking of Hypersilver. Unfortunatly i'm not very good at photoshop so i'm gonna ask one of the experts here to help me out.
Has your showroom carried out any such painting on alloys for a customer?

Can this chrome tip extension or the dual tip on the 530i be fitted on the 525d too?
Old 21st August 2008, 00:27   #34
BHPian

Which diesel do i use?
should i use normal diesel or the premium one
i spoke to BMW and they said anything is fine but BMW suggest the normal one.
please help .
Old 21st August 2008, 01:03   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
Which diesel do i use?
should i use normal diesel or the premium one
i spoke to BMW and they said anything is fine but BMW suggest the normal one.
please help .
Stick to normal diesel only!

Was told by my dealer that a 530d had come in with a busted fuel pump and bmw didnt cover it under warranty as they found additives in the fuel.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:50   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Stick to normal diesel only!

Was told by my dealer that a 530d had come in with a busted fuel pump and bmw didnt cover it under warranty as they found additives in the fuel.
Thanks sahil
Iam using the normal one but why should they not cover busted pump especially because they say that we can use any fuel
The warranty even though they say everything is covered under it, it do have a lot of hidden clauses . anything else you could help me that would not come under warranty
thanks
Old 21st August 2008, 18:47   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

The company has a strict no no against premium diesels as the additives used in it are not approved by BMW...so i think your dealership chap may not be aware of it.

The warranty covers most of the stuff which is why i went for the BSI+R package. Read the find print properly thats all, if i do find any hicups in it i'll be sure to point it out.

Btw, did you take delivery yet?
Old 21st August 2008, 23:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
The company has a strict no no against premium diesels as the additives used in it are not approved by BMW...so i think your dealership chap may not be aware of it.

The warranty covers most of the stuff which is why i went for the BSI+R package. Read the find print properly thats all, if i do find any hicups in it i'll be sure to point it out.

Btw, did you take delivery yet?
Yup i did take the delivery and sure burning cochin roads and almost had a minor accident. Just love the way the car changes when i put it on Sports Drive. The gear shifts become so fast. Run flats do gives me a bumpy ride on slow speed but VERY HAPPY .

JUST LOVE THE SPORTS DRIVE MODE .

PS. Still searching for a phone kit. apparently called up bangalore and chennai and they have it but aren't sure whether it can be fixed for a highline model .
Also considering the iphone kit .

I did get a book about the BMW secure and BSI+R but just dint open it to read because i am busy ripping the rubber of my tyre

got black interiours and finding it very difficult to maintain .

CAR ROCKS

I just hope i get an upgrade soon so i can post pics in my gallery .
Old 22nd August 2008, 01:51   #39
BHPian

SAW THIS IN ANOTHER FORUM. GUYS SHOULD I TRY THIS

If you have an auto and experience any "rough" shifts. For example for me it is when I would downshift from 3-->2 and ESPECIALLY from 2--> 1, it would feel like my car was a rocking chair.

Well then someone posted a tip and links to other threads on this in different forums I believe and was confirmed by a BMW tech who chimed in on the thread-and it WORKED well for me.

You put your key in/hit start ONCE so the electronics of the car come on but it is not started.

Then hold down the gas, past the downshift point to the floor for 25-30 seconds straight.

If you listen, at about 25s exactly you will hear some "noise" and that is the tranny "resetting" itself to factor specs

Like I am sure you know these cars are smart and the auto tranny is no exception. It adapts and learns your driving style-but the catch is, which is why I noticed an improvment. Apparently it "learns" for about 1000 miles and then kind of "locks" those settings in so-to-speak. So however you drove the car off the lot or whover drove it off the lot-it was really those first 1k that determined how the autobox shifted itself.

So anyway after I did that my downshifts were like 10 times smoother and overall shifting was much crisper and smooth.

Definetly try it out if you have an auto. It will just re-adapt to your current driving style-which is great since I totally drove different when I first got the car.

PLZ HELP
THANKS
Old 22nd August 2008, 02:04   #40
Team-BHP Support

point?

Quote:
Just love the way the car changes when i put it on Sports Drive.
Quote:
If you have an auto and experience any "rough" shifts. For example for me it is when I would downshift from 3-->2 and ESPECIALLY from 2--> 1, it would feel like my car was a rocking chair.
You're going to feel the jerky shifts if you leave the car in Sports. It's a good autobox, let it do it's own changes rather than using the silly tiptronic function.
For regular and city driving, leave the car in Drive. That way you'll have much smoother shifts, and your passengers will still have working necks.
For a run on an empty road, use the Sports setting.

You can reset the transmission computer but it's going to adapt to your driving style again, so there wouldn't be much of a benefit.

Old jungle saying, 'If nothing's broken, don't fix it'.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd August 2008 at 02:05.
Old 22nd August 2008, 08:51   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
You're going to feel the jerky shifts if you leave the car in Sports. It's a good autobox, let it do it's own changes rather than using the silly tiptronic function.
For regular and city driving, leave the car in Drive. That way you'll have much smoother shifts, and your passengers will still have working necks.
For a run on an empty road, use the Sports setting.

You can reset the transmission computer but it's going to adapt to your driving style again, so there wouldn't be much of a benefit.

Old jungle saying, 'If nothing's broken, don't fix it'.
I meant i love the sports drive which is again automatic .
Sports drive has automatic and triptronic .
I was talking about sports drive automatic .
Triptronic sports drive takes time and loads of patience which i don't have .

One more thing,if i reset the gearbox will the automatic adjust to my driving style or will the triptronic adjust to my driving style
thanks
Old 22nd August 2008, 20:24   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Resetting the transmission now is pointless because its still adapting to your driving style. The learning period last for 2000km after which if you find hesitation in downshifting then you should reset.
I did it and it makes a lot of diff
Old 23rd August 2008, 13:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes Sahil the 635csi is mine in the arcticle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
yeah that's my car...Post accident, been at the workshop for a while now...

Aaaah such is life when maintaining vintages...

cheers:
DocG
Now Now DocG, your car is not pre 1940's, not vintage then. not pre 1970's so not a classic. just wanted to get a little technical with you .

@ Maverick thanks for the information. i dont quite like the 3 series with the Kit. it looks more stock to me. we have a white X5 3.0 and it was the first of the 7 seaters in Bombay. the 21" (first picture)wheels look fabulous and i want to know how much they cost?

Last edited by speedy : 23rd August 2008 at 13:18.
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:45   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@sujith- we will need to organise a "highline" meet soon :-)
Sure always in .
Its been long since a meet had taken place right .
So we will plan up something

Guys i just got a touch screen navigation system by BLAUPUNKT that has KERALA maps in it .
Paid 25000/- and it comes with
1. navigation system
2. bluetooth to pair your phone so you can make and receive calls using this and can see all contacts and messages .
3. there is a entertainment screen where you can play songs and watch pictures by inserting memory cards

Quite decent
Did quite lot of testing . did find some minor bugs like it dint have the name of all roads and certain shortcuts are missing but would get updated automatically via GPS . atleast thats what they claim don't know what's going to happen with that part

Last edited by sujithnk : 4th September 2008 at 00:04. Reason: Didn't want to start another post immediately
Old 4th September 2008, 00:27   #45
BHPian

Thats how it looks like and below are its features

Bluetooth
Supported profiles: A2DP (Transfer of audio data), HFP (hands free phone calls), PBAP (phone book access)
Supported version: Bluetooth 1.2, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR

Multimedia-Player
Playback formats: WMV, further formats via Media Transfer Protokoll (MTP)

Audio-Player
Playback format: MP3, OGG, WMA

Data carrier
Flash Memory (internal): 4 GB
Memory cards: SD, SDHC, MMC

Monitor
Viewable picture diameter (inch/ cm): 4,3 / 10,9
Picture format : 16:9

Testing in process for kerala will keep posting further details

Thanks
Attached Images

Most Viewed