Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 15:10   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
Please find the pricing of the accessories for the vehicle 530d H which i received

Again the stocks were not available other than the phone kit and rest were on order but was told will be delivered to me within 2 weeks.

M5 body kit 124,500.00

Reverse Camera 97,800.00

Communication Interface
Blue tooth kit 58,700.00

M - kit badges 7,500.00

Floor mat rubber 9,800.00

Floor mat velour 7,850.00
==============================
TOTAL 306,150.00
==============================
I doubt it is the M5 kit, it probably is the Mtech.

The M5 kit come with no fog lamps and has two big air dams instead. Also the rear bumper is for a quad setup in the M5 kit, which would look mismatached on a single dual exhaust that we have. The complete M5 kit also comes with different side mirrors, which look excellent !

Also, are these prices inclusive of all taxes?
Old 26th September 2008, 19:49   #62
BHPian

Sahil... eh..how about a group import buy? for the real M5 Kits.
Old 26th September 2008, 22:13   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Sahil... eh..how about a group import buy? for the real M5 Kits.
I tried for this sometime back with someone else but there wasn't much saving... but you could give it a shot.
The shipping and clearance from our customs is the biggest problem!
That person landed up importing it himself, saw his car few weeks back, looked stunning !
Infact, GTO saw it too when he spotted the two of us "playing" around the other night. He got the entire setup done, M5 wheels,mirrors,etc... its hard to tell its actually a 530i

Last edited by Sahil : 26th September 2008 at 22:14.
Old 26th September 2008, 22:36   #64
BHPian

hmm... all ill say is that, id have prefered it the other way round.
a car that looks like a 530d but has the heart of an M5!

wolf in sheeps clothing is better than sheep in wolfs clothing
Old 26th September 2008, 23:53   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I doubt it is the M5 kit, it probably is the Mtech.

The M5 kit come with no fog lamps and has two big air dams instead. Also the rear bumper is for a quad setup in the M5 kit, which would look mismatached on a single dual exhaust that we have. The complete M5 kit also comes with different side mirrors, which look excellent !

Also, are these prices inclusive of all taxes?
Sahil I asked him and they told me that they would give my chassis number
and the kit would come custom made for the 530 model which i have and also will have a place for my IR camera in the front bumper and the rear would be for single exhaust .This is what they had to say regarding it
lets wait and see they will confirm to me on monday

M5 kit cost i had posted which was handed over by BMW should be before tax

Regarding the new BSI , i got a clarification today
they have stopped 5 years 100000 kms BSI as of now which was 280000 which i have purchased and now they are planning a 3 years 90000 kms BSI which would cost us somewhere near 240000 approximate and if we opt for that we would get 40000 refund. I told that i would rather take 100000 and 5 years BSI and they were ok with that. existing customers have an option to either keep 5 years or move to 3 years and get a refund

Olso from now on they said 5 years 100000 kms BSI would be available but at much higher price which they told me will be close to 360000 INR.

Otherwise there is no change and the one i have now will cover spare parts and labour cost

I had got the BMW rubber mat and it is quite nice and cost me 6000 INR and its looks real good with BMW imprinted on it and quite practical all weather use .

Thanks
Will confirm regarding the M5 kit once again on monday

Last edited by sujithnk : 26th September 2008 at 23:57.
Old 27th September 2008, 03:28   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sahil I asked him and they told me that they would give my chassis number
and the kit would come custom made for the 530 model which i have and also will have a place for my IR camera in the front bumper and the rear would be for single exhaust .This is what they had to say regarding it
lets wait and see they will confirm to me on monday

M5 kit cost i had posted which was handed over by BMW should be before tax

Regarding the new BSI , i got a clarification today
they have stopped 5 years 100000 kms BSI as of now which was 280000 which i have purchased and now they are planning a 3 years 90000 kms BSI which would cost us somewhere near 240000 approximate and if we opt for that we would get 40000 refund. I told that i would rather take 100000 and 5 years BSI and they were ok with that. existing customers have an option to either keep 5 years or move to 3 years and get a refund

Olso from now on they said 5 years 100000 kms BSI would be available but at much higher price which they told me will be close to 360000 INR.

Otherwise there is no change and the one i have now will cover spare parts and labour cost

I had got the BMW rubber mat and it is quite nice and cost me 6000 INR and its looks real good with BMW imprinted on it and quite practical all weather use .

Thanks
Will confirm regarding the M5 kit once again on monday
Great so we basically got the 5year/100,000km package for a steal ! Glad to know labor cost is still included.

Can you post pics of your rubber mats? I have carpet mats that came with the car and the dealer gave me free plastic mats that match the interior color perfectly... but they don't have BMW imprinted, nonetheless are good quality and look.
Old 27th September 2008, 12:38   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Great so we basically got the 5year/100,000km package for a steal ! Glad to know labor cost is still included.

Can you post pics of your rubber mats? I have carpet mats that came with the car and the dealer gave me free plastic mats that match the interior color perfectly... but they don't have BMW imprinted, nonetheless are good quality and look.
Yup we got the package for steal cheers:

thats the same thing what BMW people also said.
they did try to convince a lot to move to 3 year but i din't wanna move.

Pics i will sure post on monday and sorry 4 the delay

thanks
Old 27th September 2008, 15:09   #68
BHPian

Sahil & sujithnk,

Do you guys use the regular diesel or the premium one in your cars ?

Though, BMW recommends only the regular diet, a lot of people I know have been using the premium one from day one without any trouble.

Would using a premium diesel translate to better performance for the BMW ?

Thanks guys !

Last edited by ecclipse78 : 27th September 2008 at 15:10. Reason: Corrected an error
Old 27th September 2008, 17:59   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
Sahil & sujithnk,

Do you guys use the regular diesel or the premium one in your cars ?

Though, BMW recommends only the regular diet, a lot of people I know have been using the premium one from day one without any trouble.

Would using a premium diesel translate to better performance for the BMW ?

Thanks guys !
BMW has specified that diesel with addictive should not be used .

Somebody had once posted , i don't remember who but he stated that there was a BMW car with ruptured fuel pump and BMW stated that it was due to fuel with addictive in it.

I asked the BMW service manager and he told me that since BMW states to use regular fuel its always better to use regular.
He also told that infact almost 100 percent diesel cars in cochin uses regular diesel

Last edited by sujithnk : 27th September 2008 at 18:01.
Old 27th September 2008, 18:53   #70
BHPian

Thanks sunithnk, for the clarification.

But, when using regular diesel will the performance of the car be slower ?

BMW's claims of 235 bp, 500 NM of Torque and a 0 to 100 dash of 6.8 secs - is all this with regular (or) premium diesel ?

Cheers !
Old 27th September 2008, 20:55   #71
BHPian

BMW Service Inclusive

Quote:
BSI News: BMW has revised its Maintenance Packages offered. Highlights:

1 BSI renamed as BMW Service Inclusive.

2 BMW Service Inclusive is being offered in two combinations viz (a) BMW Servce Inclusive Plus (b) BMW Service Inclusive Ultimate.

- BMW Service Inclusive Plus: Covers lubes, filters, brake pads, brake discs & wiper blades.

- BMW Service Inclusive Ultimate: Covers all of the above AND all running repairs.

3 The number of combinations are also increased & what we have now got 3Years/60,000; 3Y/90,000; 5Y/60,000 & 5Y/100,000.

So, what we now have is a good selection of offers to pick from. From my experience 5Y/100,000 is giving me good value for money (it has been the most costly as well). Please ensure all the offers are made available to you by the dealer and pick up the one that suits you best. I guess, all of us buying in our company name will pick up the 3 year packages now.

I am not sure whatever has happened to BMW. But it seems that they are making the right moves in every quarter. Impressive!
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2008, 21:32   #72
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod!

Folks, have sepearated the thread as move of the issues are post purchase and not the actual comparison before buying the 5
Old 28th September 2008, 00:07   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Somebody had once posted , i don't remember who but he stated that there was a BMW car with ruptured fuel pump and BMW stated that it was due to fuel with addictive in it.
That was mentioned by me. The car in context was an imported 530d.

I do use normal diesel, i had started off with premium until my dealer told me of the above example. Didnt find any difference as such but maybe i will switch over to premium for one tank-full next time to judge if there is any difference now.
I don't think it will harm the engine as such but it's just better to use regular diesel to be on the safer side.

@Beamer boy: What exactly are these "running parts" that are a part of the premium package?
Could you post the pricelist of the same if you have it handy.

Last edited by Sahil : 28th September 2008 at 00:10.
Old 28th September 2008, 00:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
BSI News: BMW has revised its Maintenance Packages offered. Highlights:

1 BSI renamed as BMW Service Inclusive.

2 BMW Service Inclusive is being offered in two combinations viz (a) BMW Servce Inclusive Plus (b) BMW Service Inclusive Ultimate.

- BMW Service Inclusive Plus: Covers lubes, filters, brake pads, brake discs & wiper blades.

- BMW Service Inclusive Ultimate: Covers all of the above AND all running repairs.

3 The number of combinations are also increased & what we have now got 3Years/60,000; 3Y/90,000; 5Y/60,000 & 5Y/100,000.

So, what we now have is a good selection of offers to pick from. From my experience 5Y/100,000 is giving me good value for money (it has been the most costly as well). Please ensure all the offers are made available to you by the dealer and pick up the one that suits you best. I guess, all of us buying in our company name will pick up the 3 year packages now.

I am not sure whatever has happened to BMW. But it seems that they are making the right moves in every quarter. Impressive!

Ok they made it a bit complicated

I was told those who took 5yrs/100000 will be covered for everything including service cost.

so that means our 5 year deal will be called BMW service inclusive ultimate

is that right ??

BMW people here are really confused with this whole new BSI plans.

Anyways I will get a confirmation letter on monday so lets hope for the best
and hope they dont tell me to upgrade
Old 28th September 2008, 01:06   #75
BHPian

@ Sahil:

Regarding BMW Service Inclusive price list: It is too big a matrix that I can post it here. The list that I saw with the dealer had 25 models priced for 8 packages, so that makes 200 prices to be mentioned here!

So, if you can provide me with a specific model, I can check for you the prices.

Now, let's clarify the new offer again for benefit of all...

BMW Service Inclusive PLUS: Means free servicing, replacement of brake pads & brake discs & wipers including labour & taxes.

BMW Service Inclusive Ultimate: (This is same as BSI+R in terms of its coverage) It means free servicing, replacement of brake pads, brake discs & wipers including labour & taxes. In addition to this, it is also an Extended Warranty for the period.

Ofcourse, any gratuities to the workshop are Extra!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks