Team-BHP - BMW 5 series - ICE, BSI aftercare packages & other post purchase queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   BMW 5 series - ICE, BSI aftercare packages & other post purchase queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/46496-bmw-5-series-ice-bsi-aftercare-packages-other-post-purchase-queries.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclipse78 (Post 922588)
Hi Sahil,

I've booked the Highline. The premium for this over the regular version includes:

Nightvision
18inch alloys and 245/40 tyres
Sports steering

hey ecclipse
just wanna know if you are planning to get the phone kit done and do u know whether in chennai they have the ipod kit .
in cochin they are charging 70000 for the phone kit which is compatible with almost all major brands phone .
ipod kit as of now not available in cochin just wanna know if they could get it in chennai or else where we can get ?

Hey Sujithnk,

I have been in convo with my dealer here for the "ACM+USB" (Accessory Control Management + USB) which might be available in India for around Rs.48,000. This thing is a very lovely thing just launched by BMW in Germany. Still not out all places in the world. The best part of this is that u can attach your external USB HDD, USB DVD Player, USB Pen drives, and watch divx/xvid movies too, along with MP3s!

So today i called up to ask him on the status of it, he said its still not a clear green signal from BMW for it, but they do have the iPod attachment if i want... (Which i dont) so yea. it surely is available and am not sure of the cost though.

ASk your dealer to call up BMW india and find out. IF he cant do it, you can mail BMW India and you will surely get a good reply, pretty quick too. I had 2-3 doubts which they cleared very efficiently!

sujithnik, BMW dealer at Chennai has quoted Rs. 80,000/- for the bluetooth phone kit, which interfaces with the iDrive.

I think Sahil mentioned sometime back that in Mumbai they were charging around 60K.

It's funny that there can be so much of a difference in prices between Mumbai, Chennai and Kochi.

And, yes they do have the iPod kit in Chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclipse78 (Post 927422)
sujithnik, BMW dealer at Chennai has quoted Rs. 80,000/- for the bluetooth phone kit, which interfaces with the iDrive.

I think Sahil mentioned sometime back that in Mumbai they were charging around 60K.

It's funny that there can be so much of a difference in prices between Mumbai, Chennai and Kochi.

And, yes they do have the iPod kit in Chennai.

i've told them to go ahead with mobile interface and ipod kits
they even suggested me to go for a dvd player like the one found on 7 series in the middle for the rear seats and they charge 260000/- . i am not so sure with that but they told me they can fix that any point of time even after delivery . I am still open to options if something is available .

One important thing is does anyone know where i can get BMW'S keychains

THANKS

Guys I did manage to get the VIN number which is WBANX75060C068088
I did mange to decode it and found the production date as 2008/1 .
taking delivery on 17th august .
what do u guys think about that ?
Any suggestions regarding the time gap which is almost 5 months ?

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil (Post 927401)
Hey Sujithnk,

I have been in convo with my dealer here for the "ACM+USB" (Accessory Control Management + USB) which might be available in India for around Rs.48,000. This thing is a very lovely thing just launched by BMW in Germany. Still not out all places in the world. The best part of this is that u can attach your external USB HDD, USB DVD Player, USB Pen drives, and watch divx/xvid movies too, along with MP3s!

So today i called up to ask him on the status of it, he said its still not a clear green signal from BMW for it, but they do have the iPod attachment if i want... (Which i dont) so yea. it surely is available and am not sure of the cost though.

ASk your dealer to call up BMW india and find out. IF he cant do it, you can mail BMW India and you will surely get a good reply, pretty quick too. I had 2-3 doubts which they cleared very efficiently!

Hey thats really great . please give me an update if you get any postive response from thier side . time being i will put my rer entertainment system on hold .
thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujithnk (Post 927987)
Guys I did manage to get the VIN number which is WBANX75060C068088
I did mange to decode it and found the production date as 2008/1 .
taking delivery on 17th august .
what do u guys think about that ?
Any suggestions regarding the time gap which is almost 5 months ?

thanks

Hey Sujith,

The exact production date of your car is 18/07/2008.Its a Monaco Blue right? Where did u get the date as 2008/1? Also regarding the i-pod retrofit, do keep in mind that the CD Changer has to be removed and he kit fitted in its place.You will not get anything in return for the CDC.I suggest you keep it with safely in case needed in future.

Regards,
Mav!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick5490 (Post 928021)
Hey Sujith,

The exact production date of your car is 18/07/2008.Its a Monaco Blue right? Where did u get the date as 2008/1? Also regarding the i-pod retrofit, do keep in mind that the CD Changer has to be removed and he kit fitted in its place.You will not get anything in return for the CDC.I suggest you keep it with safely in case needed in future.

Regards,
Mav!

Hey maverick thanks a ton
That means if i have to go for an ipod kit the cd changers in the dash will be removed and the ipod kit will be fixed in its place . thats really bad

i think i will stick with the 6 cd changer in the dash and use the aux. for my ipod

man trust me really confused ;(

thanks again for all the details u send me and yup its monaco blue .

Sahil thats really nice
I like the one with the 5 on it.
In cochin only service side is open and the showroom is under construction so they have no accesories .
Its sad
Iam thinking of enquiring in bangalore .
Hopefully i will get there.
thanks

Could u tell me whether i should go for an ipod kit or leave the 6 cd changer in the dash and use the aux button for ipod .
thanks

@ Sujith, if you are gonna be going for some really long drives and are music fanatic, then it makes sense to go for an i-pod kit,else you can simple connect it to the aux-in, only diff would be that you will not be able to see the playlist on the i-drive.The cost for the bluetooth kit has gone up,its now roughly around 70k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil (Post 927401)

Are you talking about the AUX + USB (code: 6FL) that's installed in the centre arm-rest? If yes, then it's a factory install, not a dealer retrofit.
On the other hand; maybe not, because you can't watch videos with the 6FL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujithnk (Post 927962)
One important thing is does anyone know where i can get BMW'S keychains

Look up eBay or any search engine. Millions of them around. Else your BMW dealer will gladly rip you off for one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick5490 (Post 928021)
Also regarding the i-pod retrofit, do keep in mind that the CD Changer has to be removed and he kit fitted in its place.You will not get anything in return for the CDC.I suggest you keep it with safely in case needed in future.

Do they still remove the CD changer in the 5-series while installing the iPod kit? I thought that only affected the older models (pre-2006).

There is a dealer installed iPod kit for the 3-series which lets you run an iPod as well as a CD changer. To note: The 3-series CD changer is in the trunk and not in the dash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujithnk (Post 929732)
Sahil thats really nice
I like the one with the 5 on it.
In cochin only service side is open and the showroom is under construction so they have no accesories .
Its sad
Iam thinking of enquiring in bangalore .
Hopefully i will get there.
thanks

Could u tell me whether i should go for an ipod kit or leave the 6 cd changer in the dash and use the aux button for ipod .
thanks

I use the in dash DVD drive with a 4.7gb rewritable DVD so it works better than an iPod for me. Delete/add as many times as i want.
So IMO the ipod kit is a waste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 930687)
I use the in dash DVD drive with a 4.7gb rewritable DVD so it works better than an iPod for me. Delete/add as many times as i want.
So IMO the ipod kit is a waste.

Thanks sahil i never knew that we can put a rewritable dvd in dash .
will try it once i get the car
thats really cool .
wanna know one more thing can we put dvd movies in the dash dvd thing and watch on idrive .

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujithnk (Post 931706)
thats really cool .
wanna know one more thing can we put dvd movies in the dash dvd thing and watch on idrive .

I'm not too sure about that, haven't tried it but it should work.
However its a waste as the minute you get the car rolling the TV screen goes off. (there is a cheat method to bypass this if your really desperate)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujithnk (Post 931706)
thats really cool .

No sujith, the DVD drive is primarily meant for Navigation, so movies wont work!

@ Sujithnk:
HEre is a list of BMW keychains on ebay...also includes the "5" keychain!

BMW 5 keychain

@ Sahil: Thanks for letting me know the dvd drive will take in a "DVD-RW"! :) i was going to try that out, now confirmed! Also, Sahil, considering to go for something from the M-Pack which IS available in India now. The dealer said by monday morning he will email me all the items available in the M-Pack , with its prices. I plan to go for the roof and boot lip spoilers for the moment, The bumper attachment would cost a lot i think. The car is lookin so awesome with the Boot lip spoiler! what do u say?

By the way, i have dumped the Platinum Grey! hehehe...and now finalised the Monaco Blue! i loved the blue from the start, but wify wanted a change. White i couldnt get coz of no stock, and black n silver i didnt want. So now, back to blue! it will be my third car in a row being blue!
Now that i have changed my color choice, the delivery might go till september, as they have to swap with some othere dealer in india for august, else make one for me in september lot.