Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 00:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gypsy engine swapping with Baleno 1.6L engine ?

If the base vehicle used is a 1.3 carb model, What are the things would one need for the 1.6 transplant?

1). 1.6 Engine
2). Wiring Harness
3). ECU

What are the mods that need to be done to get the 1.6 into the Gypsy ?

1). Reduce the Sump height
2). Drill additional holes in the bell housing of the 5 speed transmission

Could anyone add to this please ?
Old 22nd March 2012, 19:00   #32

chevrolet optra 1.8 engine swap for gypsy possible or not

hi every one
i am planning to build a gypsy for off roading
as of now i have a rally prepared 1.6 gypsy which i dont want to use for offroading
have a question that is it possible to plonk a optra 1.8 engine to gypsy with and if yes then what all modifications need to be done as i have an optra which no one is using so alll the parts are available as i will be a picking an army disposal for this project

thanks
hitesh
Old 25th December 2012, 20:28   #33

Re: Gypsy engine swapping with Baleno 1.6L engine ?

UPDATE: I tried to create a new thread for the following queries, but the moderator removed the thread twice, asking me to post in existing threads.

I have a worn out (I mean, externally) MG-410 (1988 Model - let's call it "X") and have recently acquired a MG-410W (1995 Model - and let this be "Y"). "Y" has engine heating problems and requires a Engine-Head change (as suggested by my reliable mechanic) at ≈ 15 K INR expenses. However, when compared to "X", this vehicle has immense pulling power (or torque as some may say).
  • Is it because of the gearbox? Is the gearbox of 1995 model better than 1988's?

The engine of "X", on the other hand is a charm and feels like a breeze to the ear. I mean, it produces extremely low noise when running, compared to "Y" whose engine rattles, like other normal kins. I have driven a lot of Gypsies and the difference in engine sound is very clear. Also, "X" has an engine with SUZUKI engraved on it whereas "Y" has a MARUTI mark on it.
  • Is the SUZUKI engine any better than MARUTI's? If no, then what are the differences and why is there a difference in their respective engine running noises?

I was wondering if the 1988 SUZUKI engine was weaker to the 1995 MARUTI engine, and hence the difference in power. With so many gurus and Gypsy worshipers here, I beg to seek enlightenment please.

My decision to adorn the newly acquired beast "Y" with the silent engine of "X" rests on you BHPians' feedback. The cost of engine swap is ≈ 2 K INR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks