Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2005, 13:22   #1

can i mod .. or redesign allway

first of all would like to salute all of you guys helping the numerous people out here.. was just going thru the threads..
no i also face a problem..
i own 3 cars.. a santro xing.... an esteem and a scorpio..
the thing is that i went in for a santro as i needed a compact car for day to day commuting which could be easy to manouvere.. the thing is that i love to do some stunts with my pals and i have noticed that the centre of gravity of the xing is not very much in the centre.. whenever i try to drift at speeds of 90 thats the highest i have tried to perform.. the car acts like its about to loose its balance.. the thing is that i would have opted for a palio had it not been for its companys fate.. so now i am thinking as to what should i do to make the car more stable.. should i get the car redesigned or fit in a new engine by making a mods to the chassis..
what would be the best option.. i have seen stuff done by guys here,. so i need yopu guys to help me ,make the xing faster.. stronger and more aerodynamically viable...
can the xings be turocharged.. or am i just asking too much.. ive seens the zens with the baleno engines.. so why not with the xing!!!
hoping for positive replies

Last edited by headspiner : 27th March 2005 at 13:24.
Old 27th March 2005, 13:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately the xing will not be a car to mod....the chassis is not built to take much power....and about the handling...its certainly top heavy...ofcourse you can stiffen up the suspension...but that would help matters only to a certain extent.

You can turbocharge any engine...but then turbocharging puts a lot of stress on engine components which were designed originally to be used without a turbo. So huge amounts of costs would be involved in modifying the engine for a turbo. Certainly not worth the effort.

You are better off modding the esteem which has got great potential. Others will be able to help you more in this matter.

Drifter
Old 27th March 2005, 15:28   #3

i get the idea about the turbo.. but can the car be redesigned to look better!!
like change the shape to something more appealing to the eye..
thanks
Old 27th March 2005, 17:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yeah looks can always be changed...but you need to find someone good enough to do it. You may contact our very own member autopsyche. Hes from delhi. He's got some great designs under his belt. Im sure he'd love to help you out.
Check out the link below to see one of his designs.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4377

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 27th March 2005 at 17:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks