Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 22:19   #1
BHPian

Swap i10 rear suspension into a Santro?

From eyeball measurements, the new i10 suspension looks like a good candidate to be retrofitted on a Santro. The Santro comes with a dead axle with a panhard rod which has pretty poor roll stiffness and is overly stiff to boot. i10's Codependent Torsion Bar Axle rear suspension is definitely newer tech and has slightly better spring ratios. It also seems to have the body-roll under better control. Though i haven't measured it, it looks like rerouting the exhaust is probably the only change needed. Has anyone gotten any further on this than just looking at them?

P.S. : Motivation : Actually want to upgrade to a new (more fun to drive) car but if the finances don't fall together, may have to simply work on bettering my Santro to make it a little more involving to drive.
Old 7th October 2008, 12:36   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You'd be better off customising the existing suspension of your Santro, with performance upgrades. Will cost you lesser too! I am not aware of specific component upgrades available for the Santro, but am sure others could help you out there.
Old 14th November 2008, 04:56   #3
BHPian

2007 Santro -- Rear Suspension

Hello Guru's,

I've heard lot of people who complian about the rear suspension in Santro.
I want to know what modifications can be done to the suspension so that people in the rear have better comfort.

Thanks
zaveed
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

i would love to hear about any mod that people have done ti improve the ride quality in Santro.

my cousin has one santro 2.5 years/1.2L kms old,and i can the suspension is totally dead.and trust me it was never gr8 even when new.

so looking for some good alternatives.
Old 5th January 2011, 18:13   #5
BHPian

Re: i10 rear suspension in Santro?

I replaced my 2006 Santro XL rear dampers with Gabriels Gas shocks but i don't see any improvements. Still feel hard bumpy ride at the rear.Any suggestion would be helpful.....
Old 6th January 2011, 18:14   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swap i10 rear suspension into a Santro?

supratim07, the reason tall boys generally have stiffer suspensions (hence, the bumpy ride at the back) is because they are tall! Softer setups will increase the chance of a roll over. The easiest way to better comfort levels will be:

- Choose a comfort oriented tyre

- Lower the air pressure by 1 - 2 PSI (in the city ONLY)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks