Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 18:24   #76
BHPian

Re: Key lost : Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
The key of Wagon-R was lost
Even my case is the same as <b>'luvtandon'</b> with the scenario being different that my son threw the duplicate key (Nippon Remote) into the well and I am just left with a single key. I tried scouring keymakers in Bangalore who would be ready to make a duplicate key but everybody responded saying that the original key has been programmed and the same can be done only @ ASC. When enquired with ASC, all they had to say was, sourcing the old type remote key would be difficult.

Does anybody know where in Bangalore can I source a duplicate key and program it with the ECU. Kindly help me with the address as I am in dire need of a second key.
Old 1st April 2015, 11:17   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Get a duplicate key made from outside. Should cost around 2k for new key + remote.
That will prevent the risk of theft of the car, but someone with the old key can still access the cabin and it' contents. The overall security still exists.
I don't think there is any choice but to get it done through Maruti.

Off Topic: Does insurance cover key loss?
Old 1st April 2015, 13:03   #78
Senior - BHPian

I lost my CRV key recently and sadly it isnt covered by Insurance. Honda had to get the key made and then get authorization from Honda Thailand for the key that was cut to sync with whatever codes they needed. Takes only a day but for a car like Honda CRV I had to cough up around Rs 5000/-. I would strongly recommend getting the key done from the authorized manufacturers service centre. Just to be safe.
Old 1st April 2015, 20:49   #79
BHPian

Rs. 5000 for a pair of keys is a pretty sweet deal from Honda. I shelled out 2000 bucks, that too after bargaining for a single key with remote. The was in early 2014, that too from a local keymaker.

Should have taken a quote from Honda at that time itself
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:12   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Rs. 5000 for a pair of keys is a pretty sweet deal from Honda. I shelled out 2000 bucks, that too after bargaining for a single key with remote. The was in early 2014, that too from a local keymaker.

Should have taken a quote from Honda at that time itself
Not a pair, just one key with remote and the odd thing is that they have blank keys which are given to local key makers to be cut and they then send serial nos to Thailand for approvals.

It is still cheaper to give to local keymakers but the worry is if it will work without any issues. Honda are atleast answerable if anything goes wrong.
Old 3rd April 2015, 15:21   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
It is still cheaper to give to local keymakers but the worry is if it will work without any issues.
Yep. Using it for more than a year. No issues do for. Key has been dropped by me multiple times but no signs of damage. The local keymakers generally ask you to get the car along do that they can do a POC before finalising the keys. Don't pay up till that's fine.
Old 20th July 2015, 19:17   #82

Lost Car Key issues Dzire

I have a swift Dzire ZXI Aug 2013 VVT model I lost one of my car key around may 1st 15. I immediately placed an order for the key on 2nd may 2015 with Suraksha car care Bomanahalli by paying an advance of 1000rs. After around 20 days they called me and told me the key had come but they were not able to register the key with my car immobilizer. so they had to send back the key and get the fresh set of key again.

Again after a few days sometime in June they called and told me there was a software license issue which they have now updated to come and get the keys I again went and again the keys failed to register when they spoke to maruti they asked them to send the key back and and they would send a new set of keys. I have seen correspondence regarding this. I also called the maruti suzuki regional office in Bangalore they said the service manager is in training will call back, next day i got a call from suraksha not maruti where they showed the correspondence with maruti.

Last fri i,e 17th july 2015 they again called me saying fresh keys have arrived, this time again they tried to mate the new keys with the immobilizer but the software was asking to press the push start button on the car(2013vvt no pushstart) and then insert the new key. So they could not continue they told me on Monday they will call the Maruthi Suzuki engineer to come and check the car, but come Monday evening again they have told maruti has told them to send the keys back and they will send a fresh set of keys.

My compliant is not against suraksha but maruthi and in particular the Suzuki engineers sitting in Bangalore. If a car comes back to a workshop over 3 months multiple times with the same issue and still they have not been able to solve the issue They have not bothered to call me or see the car or provide a better trained mechanic to try the issue. While i have extended warranty for 2 more years the standard warranty is expiring in Aug 15. Finally giving up I lodged a compliant over phone with maruti helpline followed with a written complaint.

How we get automated responded from the mobile providers it seem maruti workflow seems to be if key does not work send back to factory.... repeat.

Is there any known issues with regarding to registering the new key with the zxi vvt models? Why is maruti not sending an engineer or someone to check it out ?

On searching the uk swift forums i found instructions for registering the car key quite different from what they were trying especially the time element for registering the new key.

I am at my wits ends
vipinshetty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 10:57   #83
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lost Car Key issues Dzire

Why not get the keys done at someone like Boss Keys.

It will be much cheaper and will be effectively done too.
Plus, it will save you fro the hassles you are currently facing.
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:55   #84

Warranty issues I have warranty so i do not want anything in the car touched from outside cant do anything till 2017.

I talked to Nippon authorized service center also since i thought that they are MGP for remote. they also told me for ZXI I need to get the key from maruti itself. He also told me to get it done in Maruti itself because of warranty and airbag. I have gone to suraksha he offered to come and do it in pratam but not in suraksha, and what i have seen of normal servicing of cars suraksha is miles ahead of pratham.
Old 7th August 2015, 13:35   #85

Finally I got the key issue fixed thanks to Girish at suraksha and my own research at suzuki uk forums never got a reply or an acknowledgment from maruti regarding my complaint. cost me 2600
Old 7th August 2015, 14:17   #86
Senior - BHPian

My dad got new keys from Maruti for his Alto, as he lost one key.
Now he has 3 keys (lock not changed). This is a simple (iCATS) key without remote.
He was charged 2700 Rs for a pair of new keys at Hercules Automobiles, Trivandrum. I think he was charged on the higher side.
Old 17th August 2015, 15:56   #87
BHPian

Shinrai Toyota - Remote Key replacement

I got two remote keys and one manual key with my Toyota Innova. First key was lost and recently the second key fell from a height and the plastic casing broke. So I asked Shinrai Toyota (Cotton Green service centre) to get a new remote key. Currently I'm using the manual key. Below is the costing given by them.

1) If you don't have either of the old remote keys then they cannot copy the code which is in the car memory. Hence the whole system has to be replaced at an approximate cost of Rs 65000/-

2) If you have one of the old keys, and want a second one, they will get a blank key with remote and copy the code from your old key. The cost is around Rs 15000.

3) In my case since the old key plastic housing is broken, they said they can order a blank key without any electronics. It will just have the hollow plastic housing and the metal key blank. They will transfer the remote control electronics part from old key to the new one. Cost is as follows,

Rs 3155/- for the Blank Key without electronics
Rs 630/- for Key cutting (metal part) and programming new key.

When I asked why do you need programming when you are just moving the electronics from old casing to new, they dropped the programming charge and asked me to pay Rs 250 for Key Cutting.

I'm a little shocked by the cost. For a small plastic cap and piece of metal does Toyota charge 3155/- plus key cutting costs from local key maker ?

And if I want the electronic remote also, then its 15000/- the cost of a good smartphone ? Sounds excessive!

Is Shinrai trying to fool me, or are these Toyota costs ?

Very grateful if anyone has information on this.
Old 17th August 2015, 16:13   #88
BHPian

Get it done from a reputable key maker outside . It's a lot cheaper .
As in your case , a new blank key (without remote) will be made from your old key , and the same electronics will be transferred from the old key to the new one .
Thus no reprogramming will be required as you are retaining the old electronic circut from your older , broken (non remote) key .
Old 17th August 2015, 19:52   #89
BHPian

Re: Shinrai Toyota - Remote Key replacement

I think the plastic housing in which the remote electronic module fits is different for each car. So I will need the Toyota Innova specific housing for which they charge Rs 3000/- plus.

Not sure this can be bought from a 3rd party.
Old 5th February 2016, 15:12   #90
BHPian

Hyundai- Santa Fe: Duplicate key big problem!

With one of my keys being lost, i wanted to make a duplicate key to avoid any problem on the long journeys i plan to undertake. I asked the Hyundai dealer to provide a duplicate. He made a duplicate key but could not program the chip with the PIN and came to the conclusion that the PIN registered in their customer master was wrong. They then checked up with Hyundai, Korea and the solution given to them was to replace the engine immobiliser assembly along with two other parts leading to Rs 90K+ costs. My argument to them was that it was not my fault that the PIN entered in their customer master was wrong. They had no answer to this.

What is the solution to this? Is not the company liable for their mistake?

Last edited by earthian : 5th February 2016 at 15:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks