Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 11:37   #1
BHPian

The RCFI Sports Coupe aka Modified Swift [AWESOME]

Around 2-3 days ago i was watching a motor show on some news channel (Aaj Tak, Star News, IBN7 on NDTV India). I don't really remember the name of the channel.

They were showcasing a modified swift made by UB Group, RCFI Sports Coupe.

It was a 2 door swift. Front was changed. Interiors were amazingly good. The theme of the car was red and black.
Interiors were all red and black and looked very sporty.

I did not watch the full show, so don't know if there were any performance mods or not.

Did some searching, couldnt find much info. Please post the photographs or video if anyone has it or knows the source.
Found 2 websites with articles and 2 photographs.
Here they are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigwheels.com
Vijay Mallya knows how to make a statement, regardless of how his team has been performing in the holy grail of motorsport-Formula 1. Back home, his Royal Challenge Whiskey Brand has kicked off a contest where 6 lucky winners will get to drive away in a fully customized Maruti Suzuki Swift.

Redesigned by Prashant Chandra, the modified Swift, now re-christened as the RCFI, is a sleek two door design that borrows design cues from quintessential supercars. However, the engine remains the same 1.3 litre petrol unit.

Now, you might wonder just how you can get your hands on one of these cars. Well, the answer is simple. Drink enough Royal Challenge (avoid doing that while driving though) as there is a sticker on the neck of every bottle which holds a scratch card. So, if you are lucky, go ahead, drink, scratch and drive away with a new car, but again, I reiterate my point here, please do all your drinking at least a day before you get driving! Cheers. (That is just my personal ironic touch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaqs.com
The racing season may be over but not the Formula 1 excitement! Royal Challenge presents for the first time in India the RCFI Sports Coupes. The Sports Coupe, to be given out to the bumper prize winners of the RC Challenge to Win contest is designed by Prashant Chandra and was displayed at the CBSE Complex, Vikas Marg in New Delhi today.

Expressing his views on Royal Challenge’s association with F1, P.S. Gill, COO, United Spirits said, “F1’s popularity in India is growing very rapidly, as is evident from the increasing fan base in the country. We believe this is the opportune time for us to associate Royal Challenge with this sport given the pace of F1 and the skill that can change the outcome of the game in split seconds and what better way than by becoming an associate sponsor of India’s first Formula 1 team – Force India. Formula 1’s living on the edge style, cut throat competition, speed, performance and power are a reflection of RC’s values which include big stakes, big life, leadership, confidence and dynamism. This is one of the biggest sponsorships for Royal Challenge in its maiden racing season this year. “

USL had sponsored 5 winners of the Royal Challenge scratch card contest to the first night race in Singapore in September and the company will also sponsor some of their retail partners to the Shanghai race. The excitement will not end with the Shanghai race. Six Swift Sports Coupes will be given to lucky winners from across the country.

Mr. Prashant Chandra, the brain behind the remodeled car shared his experience while remodeling a Maruti Swift into a Sports Coupe. “Moonshop is proud to be associated with the designing and creation of a special sports coupe to be handed over to the winners of the RC ‘Challenge to Win’ contest. When I received the brief from Royal Challenge, it was clear that the car needed to exude pace and passion of a Formula 1 enthusiast while reflecting the values that a RC consumer holds close to his heart. The aggressive stance, crisp lines merging into mild curves represents the forcefulness being balanced by a rational counterpart. The use of a vibrant red on a powerful black vividly speaks of the characteristics of an RC consumer. The remodeling took 2 months and was done at the Moon Shop garage in Delhi. I am confident that the RC Swift Sports Car will keep the excitement going till the finish line for this Formula 1.”

This exciting team-up is sure to add a new chapter to F1 racing in India.

For further information, please contact:

United Spirits Limited
Shefali Kotnala
Mobile: 91-9886378407
Email: shefalikotnala@ubmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
The RCFI Sports Coupe aka Modified Swift [AWESOME]-img1.jpg  

The RCFI Sports Coupe aka Modified Swift [AWESOME]-img2.jpg  

Old 14th October 2008, 11:40   #2
BHPian

good lord!! the designer must have had his fill of beer before he desgned that one! it looks horrible, rather take a year's supply of beer instead of that heap
Old 14th October 2008, 11:49   #3
BHPian

Back was not that good, I liked the front.
Interiors were better than the exteriors.
Anyways, lets wait for some more pictures.
Old 14th October 2008, 12:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is gonna end up in the weird and whacky thread. seems like they ve used skoda tail lamps. it also has three exhaust tips.

Magnified pics:(looks more like a wannabe 350z)
The RCFI Sports Coupe aka Modified Swift [AWESOME]-img1.jpg
The RCFI Sports Coupe aka Modified Swift [AWESOME]-img2.jpg

Last edited by badboyscad : 14th October 2008 at 12:45.
Old 14th October 2008, 12:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a wannabe Porsche 911!!
Old 14th October 2008, 12:52   #6
BHPian

Looks are far from good.

Front reminds of an old school corvette which is ok but what spoils it IMO is that white light thingy in the front (what is that ? over size indicators ?) and a full sheet of plastic across the front ?

Back looks like whiskers from planet zygon

With just 2 snaps its a bit hard to say more, but who knows might end up in the wacky thread
Old 14th October 2008, 12:53   #7
BHPian

Horrendous attempt!!
Old 14th October 2008, 13:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

this deserves a place in whacky mods...front looks as if carried from mx-5 minus pop-ups...look at those out of the place octavia rear lights.The designer told in an interview that 5-6 lacs have been spent on it...

Last edited by agspins : 14th October 2008 at 13:07.
Old 14th October 2008, 13:11   #9
BHPian

Was the show Top Gear or something on Star News?
Old 14th October 2008, 13:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Oh dear!
What have they done to the good old Swift?!
Yuck!!!

Mods: Please move this to the Weird and wacky thread

P.S. I too saw the show on TV. The anchor was going gaga over the interiors.

Last edited by DCEite : 14th October 2008 at 13:13.
Old 14th October 2008, 13:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was the show Top Gear or something on Star News?
yeah i think so..other was zee show wheelocity..anchors were either terrified and started praising the effort or were blind..
Old 14th October 2008, 13:21   #12
BANNED

Bad.
It is on the face and very ugly. The design is very much confused and poorly executed.

Why did RC fall into this?
Old 14th October 2008, 13:25   #13
BHPian

i curious about the handling , looks like it ll topple over real easy.
Old 14th October 2008, 13:31   #14
BANNED

the car must have hated itself after looking at the mirror.
it must be saying " what the hell the doctor was thinking while giving me thins kind of surgery"
Old 14th October 2008, 13:38   #15
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
looks more like a wannabe 350z
Thought the same when i saw the pics... Anyone has clearer big size pics ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks