Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2005, 14:13   #16
BHPian

To add about the Baleno - while the Vxi comes with the faux aluminium fittings inside, the Lxi,which I have doesnt - how much would converting the fascia etc to a fake aluminium finish cost ... and how about a aluminium gear shift - I've already added those PU seat covers - leather was too expensive. and what to do about a good steering cover - the cheapo one i bought keeps on coming apart.

thanks

zaphod

Last edited by zaphod : 1st April 2005 at 14:16.
Old 1st April 2005, 15:50   #17
BHPian

Hi vivaid,

Congrats on the new Baleno. If you are slightly on the sporty side, heres what you should do with the tyres/ wheels.

replace the 13" with 14" rims. Im not sure of the stock tyres on the Baleno, It is some 165/xxR13. Put in 185/yy R14 wide with approprite aspect ratio. That should improve the handling a LOT.

My dad has put 185/zz R13. after driving it, i think 14" would better in terms of making the handling much sharper!!!
Old 4th April 2005, 12:06   #18
BHPian

i have been toying with the idea of upsizing the rims from 13 to 14.. but am still not too comfy with the entire idea.. for all u know it could be a classic case of an ignorant's anxiety....

my basic concern is:
1) the baleno was made for 13 size rims.... will there be any adverse impact by increasing the rim size??
this cud be on w.r.t - load bearing capacity. .as in the body scraping the tyres on account of a high load... or say impact on the suspensions... or the tyres touching the car body while turning etc....

Also.. have been observing a few alloy patterns over the last few days... and i feel that a 5-7 spoke alloy would look the best.... whats the minimum that i could get a decent set for ??

cheers
Old 4th April 2005, 12:13   #19
BHPian

also, had been to vitesse on sat.. they sell the Nippon MGA sec sys for 8 K... I mean this is ridiculous.. unless the piece is really worth that...

I had installed a Vision sec sys on my zen for 5 K albeit a couple of years ago.. and that contained all the basic mandatory features.. including immobilisers....

any inputs on the Nippon sec sys???

And wots ur take on getting the side view mirrors and door handles body color painted.. while it does improve the car looks.. am not too sure on the quality to expect.. i mean these are plastic and no too sure whether i would get the end product would fit the expectations..... vitesse quotes 4 K for this!!!
Old 4th April 2005, 14:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaid

my basic concern is:
1) the baleno was made for 13 size rims.... will there be any adverse impact by increasing the rim size??
this cud be on w.r.t - load bearing capacity. .as in the body scraping the tyres on account of a high load... or say impact on the suspensions... or the tyres touching the car body while turning etc....
cheers
Go ahead. I have 14' - Michellin tubleless - 185 . Very comfortable . I have clocked sevarl hundred Kms - I have driven to coorg - a hilly region with a reputation w.r.t roads. You will have no problems in a 14 inch.
Old 4th April 2005, 18:43   #21
BHPian

Hi vivaid, as long as the outer dia of the tyre are within a few mm of each other, you will be ok. 185 mm tyres and 14" wheels on that car should improve handling a LOT. infact a dealer in bangalore, called Bimal, puts 185/xx R 14" and sells them as Bimal Edition Balenos (he also puts in art leather seats, K&N filters and some fancy stuff along with the better tyres and charges you a lakh more, i think)

Aura alloys would cost you about 3.5k a piece for a 14" rim. im not a big fan of the south east asian import wheels (hr/ league), so dont know their cost.
Old 5th April 2005, 11:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
also, had been to vitesse on sat.. they sell the Nippon MGA sec sys for 8 K... I mean this is ridiculous.. unless the piece is really worth that...

I had installed a Vision sec sys on my zen for 5 K albeit a couple of years ago.. and that contained all the basic mandatory features.. including immobilisers....

any inputs on the Nippon sec sys???

And wots ur take on getting the side view mirrors and door handles body color painted.. while it does improve the car looks.. am not too sure on the quality to expect.. i mean these are plastic and no too sure whether i would get the end product would fit the expectations..... vitesse quotes 4 K for this!!!
4K for body-colored mirrors and door handles!!That's too much! I got a lancer spoiler and center console painted body colored for Rs. 1600!! According to me, this should not cost more Rs. 2K max.

~Sonic
Old 10th April 2005, 13:23   #23
BHPian

Baleno - Delivery Taken!!!

Guys.. thanx for all the gyaan.. I have finally picked up the Baleno yesterday.....

Stock car.. have done some basic works... sunfilm - Lumar, autocopxs and change of head lamps....

Will be going in for the Alpine Head unit with JBL front and rear speakers - total damage of 22 K...... art leather seat covers over the next few days will complete first round of deck up....

Now for the car... runs like a dream.... all those pot holes that scared my poor zen are now mince meat...... cabin noise is minimum.. family happy thanx to the excellent rear seat leg room..... after a lot of debating.. have decided to stick to stock tyres and rims till they wear out.... and frankly.. dint really feel anything wronf with them..... absolutely smooth...

sadly tho'.. on full load.. one of the speed breakers scraped the undebody and almost gave me an attack.... now i am yet to understand whether the speed breaker was big or the ground clearance is low...

All said n Done... I AM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!

Cheers
Old 10th April 2005, 18:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
i have been toying with the idea of upsizing the rims from 13 to 14.. but am still not too comfy with the entire idea.. for all u know it could be a classic case of an ignorant's anxiety....

my basic concern is:

Also.. have been observing a few alloy patterns over the last few days... and i feel that a 5-7 spoke alloy would look the best.... whats the minimum that i could get a decent set for ??

cheers
Replacing the OE tyres or rims with a bigger size may result in better handling but its on the expense of the ride comfort . So , if you dont mind that little(not much) harsh ride , you should go for it .
Old 10th April 2005, 21:24   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
Is there any tire shop in Opera House where i can get a good deal. Lancer tires need to be upgraded when i get the car.
Old 10th April 2005, 21:31   #26
BHPian

hey if your looking for something like neons dont go and buy the actual neon tubes. this place in koliwada(sion) sells those taxi tubes(the ones they have inside the car) i have put them below my santro. trust me pick up four(each for about Rs280) and get them wired up. trust me its better and also cheaper
Old 7th June 2005, 22:55   #27
BHPian

Wheel and tyre Upsize

Whats better for the Baleno when upgraded to 14" * 6j alloys

185/65 r14 or 195/60 r14?
Old 8th June 2005, 10:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Islandman

Both tyre sizes are extremely good. Infact its hard to really come to a conclusion on them. IMO, the 185s should give you the best compromise between grip and ride quality. 195s, might make your car a tad slower to accelerate due to the wider footprint. Unless you can offset it with some performance tuning in your car.

Revv
Old 8th June 2005, 15:20   #29
BHPian

Fog lamps

Any suggestions for fog lamps on the baleno . The Maruti ones cost Rs. 13000
Old 8th June 2005, 17:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Aftermarket foglamps cost around 900-1500 Rs. Check out any aftermarket accessories store.

Revv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks