Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2005, 21:16   #1
BHPian

Baleno - Deck up time

Let me first thank Team-BHP for all the valuable inputs i have received and more importantly Satya for introducing me to Team BHP...

I have made up my mind on the Baleno, and subject to a few formalities falling in place, I would be booking the Baleno LXI tomorrow...

Time now to plan out the accessories and where best to discuss than out here;

I have a budget of around 30K and can stretch it to a max of 35 K and I am mandatorily looking at the following "preliminary" expenses:
1) Security System - Budget - 3-5 k
2) Music system - Radio/Cassette/ACD/MP3 and 4 speakers - Budget 12-15 K
3) Alloys with Tubeless - Have a recd quote for set of 5 Bridgestone tyres for 3500.. this involves me driving to the tyre dealer str8 from the showroom... also alloys as per him would start @ 12500 - Total Budget - 15-18K
4) Leather Seat covers - Budget - 5 k
5) Misc like Teflon/anti-rust/sun-films etc...

Your views folks...... Would also like inputs on good dealers in Mumbai for doing some one stop shopping...

Cheers
Old 30th March 2005, 21:30   #2
BHPian

where are you located in bombay?
Old 30th March 2005, 21:53   #3
BHPian

Mulund.... and work @ fort.. so am quite open to any dealers enroute too...
Old 30th March 2005, 21:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

hi vivaid,
good choice on the baleno, man. and as for your accessories;
get the security system and the alloy wheels from your maruti dealer itself, since, if the security system isn't an MGA, it could hamper your warranty. also, the alloy wheels that are available in the Vxi version, look quite good, and you can go in for the same. the main advantage of getting the alloys fitted from the showroom is that you can claim a hefty discount, as you are trading in your brand new, unused, stock wheels. the entire set will be well under your budget.

as for the music system, it's difficult to get an outstanding system for 12-15k, but nevertheless, here goes;
try to get a dual-din system from pioneer or kenwood, if you don't change too many cd's often. otherwise, go for either sony Xplod or blaupunkt head unit (both cassette players, with an output of 50x4 watts); they come in the range of 5-9000 bucks. the speakers, well, the velocity series from blaupunkt is pretty good; go for 3-way co-axials. also, the X-plod series from sony is quite good.
the main advantage of these head units are that they have good, clear midrange with enough bass, clarity, and upgradeable top end; and amplifiers & cd-changers of the same make are openly available , so upgradeability will never be a problem.
as for the seat covers, it's really your choice-branded ones like stanley, etc will cost you upwards of 10-15000. alternately, you could go in for g- sport (another reputed brand).

your needs for the music system, seat covers etc can be fulfilled in one particular place- milan subway, santa cruz. not only will you get choices, but you'll also get variety, and some good bargains.
Old 30th March 2005, 21:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaid
Let me first thank Team-BHP for all the valuable inputs i have received and more importantly Satya for introducing me to Team BHP...

Cheers

regarding your car,

electricals:
go for the MGA(maruti genuine accessories) car security---Nippon Maruti car security system which can be fitted at the dealership itself.this should cost you around 6k and will not require any drilling and cutting of wires.its just plug and forget.

also,dont forget to upgrade to 100/90W head lamp bulbs as your car will have 55/60w.for this you will also have to fit a relay.you can geta Lucas headlamp relay from the dealership .this should cost you around 600rs and add 150rs/bulb.so taking a spare bulb thats 450rs for the bulbs.
so its 1k in total for upgrading your headlamps.

so keep aside about 7k for the electricals

now coming to rims and tires.

now that you are going for 185/70r13 ,u should get ur new tires for around 4k and your rims for around 13k.
so thats a max of 20k for tires and rims

regarding the music system,the only system that i know is of my free flow music system.so cannot comment on it.
since you have mentioned a budget of 15k ,lets assume its 15k for the music system

i doubt if you will ever get any genuine leather seat covers in 5k.u can get the stupid G-sport ones for 5-6k.but they really sukk during the summers.vere since i have seen the stanley seat covers ,i feel every other is a stupid and cheap one.but then these cost upwards of 20k.
regarding the suncontrol films,i suggest you avoid going for one as the baleno has tinted glasses.

also you dont need any anti rust .

but you can go for the paint protection like amazing glaze,royal guard.you can get that done from TPC.so keep around 4k for this

and keep about 5k for the extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th years

so my dear friend,
u need to keep around 50k aside for all your other accessories.

cheers

Last edited by speedsatya : 30th March 2005 at 21:58.
Old 30th March 2005, 22:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have a recd quote for set of 5 Bridgestone tyres for 3500
You mean each tyre for 3500 right? That's 17500 for the set.

Shan2nu
Old 30th March 2005, 22:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
You mean each tyre for 3500 right? That's 17500 for the set.

Shan2nu

no he will have to pay about 4k in total for the new tires in exchange of his OE tires.
Old 30th March 2005, 22:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

so which alloys are u plannin to buy?? also get a nice set of rubber for that aggressive driving
Old 31st March 2005, 14:22   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaid
3) Alloys with Tubeless - Have a recd quote for set of 5 Bridgestone tyres for 3500.. this involves me driving to the tyre dealer str8 from the showroom...
Rs. 3500/- !!??

Well, since the baleno does have smaller stock tires than most other cars i cannot give you the exact figure. However, usually in a deal like this you would expect 1600-2200Rs back PER TIRE. So ask around, and haggle a bit.

cya
R
Old 31st March 2005, 18:10   #10
BHPian

since satya has taken care of mainly everything
just some info that i can give
run to milan subway Vileparle
especially for your the seatcovers
alloys obviously are a better deal at the dealer where you get the car from since you can claim some good discounts
but then you can get a good deal at ANAND tyres in milan subway
he is a dealer for mainly all tyres and alloys wheel manufacturers

cheers
Old 31st March 2005, 19:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi vivaid

As far as music systems are concerned, here is what you can go for.

JVC XC-838 double din which has CD/MP3 player as well as cassette player. It can store upto 18 radio stations and is quite reasonably priced at Rs. 8000. Infact it is a very good deal for its price. Fitted one in my Wagon-R and it sounds really good.

Also, you should get JBL CS series speakers made from Nyodimium (i hope the spelling is right) for around 3k. These are 6x9 speakers. Also look at JBL-GTO series which retail for around 4.5 k. On these you should get a warranty. Others are Pioneer 6990 speakers. Note, Pioneer are built from PP material unlike JBL from the Nyodimium. You'll get good treble in the Pioneers, but for good treble and clarity balance go for JBL.

For fronts, go for Blaupunkt series 4 inchers... they have amazing clarity and good depth for 4 inch speakers.

Make sure you wire up in monster cables. It does aid better sound quality. MDF board for rear speakers is a must.

The total cost of your system should touch 15k. Or could be a grand less.

As far as tyres and alloys are concerned, i dunno what sizes you have gone for so can't comment. But in an ideal situation, go for 185/60 R-14 tyres since they give you the best compromise between grip and performance.

Revv

Revv
Old 31st March 2005, 19:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

revv,
185/65 r14 will be better than 185/60r14 as its nearer to the original OD.
Old 31st March 2005, 22:11   #13
BHPian

Thanx folks....

Some questions:
- compatibility issues if the head unit and the cd changer are of different makes...??
- benefits of an amp in lay man terms.. and min damage??
- have heard of quite a few Pioneer duplicates in the market.... how does one differentiate/identify an original...

cheers.....
Old 31st March 2005, 22:42   #14
Team-BHP Support

about the compatibility , you can get any head unit with any brand speakers .
the amp will raise the overall output of your music system . decent 2 channel amps from sony should cost you like 2.5 k and another 400 bucks for the rc chord ro connect the amp to your headunit .
you can even check out the pioneer 7650 , ithink that should be for around 8 k without bill and warranty .

you should manage the exchange of your tyres in about 3 k , max 3500 .

manson .
Old 1st April 2005, 11:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

regarding music systems whats the differnce between "made in china",malaysia,......

which is better????????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks