Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 12:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, i visited the Reliance autozone, basavanagudi. I felt they are little expensive. Couple of things which i noticed was
Car perfume
Reliance autozone Rs.224
Shell Petrol bunk Rs.199
Metro Rs.169

Seating cover made of beads
Reliance autozone Rs. 474
Metro Rs. 315

When i asked about car duster, the sales person was surprised and asked me what type of product is that. When i explained him, he made a note of it.
As mentioned by other bhpians, the sales person should have the knowledge and they are still a starters and would require sometime to settle down.
Old 24th December 2009, 12:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

Were these same brand products or no-name brand products?

Latter you're better off buying from friendly neighborhood dude!!
Old 25th December 2009, 10:50   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Were these same brand products or no-name brand products?

Latter you're better off buying from friendly neighborhood dude!!
Comparison was on same brand products.
Old 25th December 2009, 14:55   #79
BHPian

just came from Reliance Auto Zone Basavanagudi and JC Road . Was looking for ICE for my Swift. They are expensive

Pioneer 4190SD : 9990/- ( RA ) 7200/- ( JC Road)
JBL Component 210 W : 6050/- ( RA) 4300/- ( JC Road)
JBL Normal Speakers 135W : Did'nt Check 1600 ( JC Road)

Sony GT162025 260W : 4041/- ( RA) Didnt Check ( JC Road)
Sony GTF16252 : 1791/-( RA) Didnt Check ( Road )

JC Road shop owners recommeded JBL against Sony for Speakers.

RA is giving 1 Year Warraty on HU and Speakers , whereas its 2 years on HU and 1 year on Speakers on JC Road

Never thought there will be so much difference.
Old 26th December 2009, 01:34   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajo View Post
JC Road shop owners recommeded JBL against Sony for Speakers.
Never thought there will be so much difference.
They are right. JBL speakers are a much better option.
Old 26th December 2009, 02:12   #81
BHPian

The difference is like going into Walmart and then into a boutique store.

You have a valid point regarding the not-so-premium smaller players, however, they are the ones most affected by this. The premium/niche ones will always have their customers cut out.
Old 26th December 2009, 10:43   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
The difference is like going into Walmart and then into a boutique store.
no i'd say Sony = walmart, JBL = Macy's, Dynaudio = Saks.

I think you get the picture.
Old 27th December 2009, 13:05   #83
BHPian

Most probably will get the ICEing done from JC Road in next week. However got the Seat Covers - U-STYLE Art leather from Reliance, cost around 3400 (MRP 3990) and stearing cover - 224/- (MRP 289/-). The price looked decent, hence went for it. Fitting was free, around 4 guys spent 45 mins to do the fitting , out for four guys one was a leggard doing sloppy work he did the front seat poorly, got it redone from other chap. Surprisingly it looked these chaps are new (may be picked up from JC Road vendors), they were expecting tips! Reliance need to be careful of its folks.
Old 17th January 2010, 16:11   #84
BHPian

Visited the Reliance autozone shop at Basavangudi. Very good experience, lots of stuff available and a very helpful and friendly staff. Was looking for a sunfilm, they lad llumar and v-cool. Pricing was a bit on the higher end, but wouldn't mind paying them more. In the end i did not end up buying because they did not have the shade i was looking for.
But one thing for sure, i will be visiting the place more often. A good place to hang out for the car enthusiasts and do some time pass with no one breathing down your neck asking what you want....
Overall a good experience and highly recommended
Old 23rd January 2010, 15:18   #85
BHPian

Hey guys:

Is Reliance Autozone at Chennai?
If yes, Address pls;
If No, any idea when & where?
Old 8th February 2010, 22:34   #86
BHPian

I had been to the Reliance Autozone recently in HSR Layout. They were offering 4 alloy wheels for 10K. Does anyone know the quality of those alloys and which ones they are selling for that price? The sales guy had no idea which alloys were on offer and for any question, he had a standard answer "Boss has gone out. You can ask him when he comes back".

Prajwal
Old 11th February 2010, 22:44   #87
BHPian

Ok. I went back to the same Autozone today and the alloy wheels are for M800. They are 12" and are of Neo make. The offer is Rs.9999 for 4 alloys.

How good are Neo alloys?

Prajwal
Old 1st March 2010, 12:11   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Ok. I went back to the same Autozone today and the alloy wheels are for M800. They are 12" and are of Neo make. The offer is Rs.9999 for 4 alloys.

How good are Neo alloys?

Prajwal
They are pretty decent, I had them on my old Santro for almost 3 years and didn't had any issues with them.

Only thing, I would suggest is pick an alloy whose center logo (cap) doesn't comeout, in my case I lost the caps for two wheels and it's very tough to get them in separately. Let the logo be an imposed one along with the wheel
Old 5th April 2010, 21:45   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
prajwalkashyap : I went back to the same Autozone today and the alloy wheels are for M800. They are 12" and are of Neo make. The offer is Rs.9999 for 4 alloys.
@Anybody who wants to go for alloys at R.A : RE-CHECK !! You may actually get better prices outside.

Was at R.A, near HSR Layout today. The place has an ok collection of alloys, and a big poster saying 25% off .... on the 4th wheel. 25% !! Yes, but no. Only the 4th wheel is at 25% off. If you want to buy a 5th, you will have to pay full price. So the final discount that R.A is giving is only 6.25% on a set of 4, or 5% on a set of 5 wheels !!
Old 13th April 2011, 13:23   #90
Senior - BHPian

Reliance Autozone, HSR Layout

I went to Reliance Autozone, HSR Layout, Bangalore, yesterday to get some car care stuff, specifically Jopasu duster and a wax.

I found their collection to be quite decent, though not complete in any way. For example, still no Meguiars products. They had products from Sonax, Honeywell and Armorall. And turtlewax. But it was nice to walk around the aisles and just look at what all stuff they had. From paint tubes to sunfilms, alloys, tyres, helmets and even bicycles!

I ended up picking the Jopasu combo pack, a wash and wax, Armorall Alloy cleaner, Turtle Wax, Armorall Protectant and a universal cellphone holder.

Overall it was a nice experience, but today morning when i looked in the bag, the Armorall Protectant was missing!! Checked the bill and of course i had been billed for it! So I called them up today morning and the attendant said he will check and get back to me. I thought to myself that there is no point in waiting for them to call back, since i had paid for something that i did not get. I went to the store and they called the manager. The manager checked the inventory and all and did not find any extra stock. All units seemed to be accounted for. But I stood my ground because I was certain that it was not in the bag. To the manager's credit (Sunil), he trusted his customer more than his employee and made good my loss. So, at some places, customer relation is still valued, and glad to see this happening at a retail giant's outlet, who normally have a tendency to brush the customer aside based on their size.

Cheers
Amitoj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks