YouTube - Full - MOL Dynamic Slovnaft - Brisk Fabia RS 01 WRC

Shan2nu
Beautiful video.

Loved the last part

This is the 2L Skoda right?
Old 29th October 2008, 09:23   #77
Senior - BHPian

The bike was AWESOME.,

The Skoda made the Ferraris look S L O W!
Old 29th October 2008, 09:32   #78
Senior - BHPian

Here the technical details - Brisk RS 01 WRC: Prodrive Developed Skoda Fabia Coupe With A 500Hp 2.0TFSI Engine - Carscoop

500bhp@7800, 600nm@3700 and only 1000 kilos.....damn!!!

Shan2nu
Old 29th October 2008, 09:44   #79
BHPian

Here's a guy explaining in his own words how great he felt in such an amazing car and when he shares that with all of us, certain people go about ridiculously criticizing his 'writing' skills and review. How sad!!! Great review there Vivekji!!
Old 29th October 2008, 11:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

Excellent work Pete. That is one beast nay monster.

& thanks Vivek for bringing this news to us.
Old 29th October 2008, 11:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Do you mean to say it pulls to the side due to steer torque on accelerating and you dont need to steer while overtaking? What about control - when you dont want such things to happen.
"The car despite the Torque Biasing diffs, have savage torque steer which takes some getting used to. In a normal car, you overtake by pulling to the right, then pressing the accelerator pedal and finally turning left to get back to the correct lane. In this, the job is way too easier. Just press the pedal all the way down and try to hold the steering wheel straight; the car will automatically pull towards the right and then to the left, by the time you would have overtaken it and returned to the correct lane, some 150 metres away!"
Vivek, I am still confused about this bit. Is there so much of steer torque that it pulls so much to sides?
Old 29th October 2008, 12:30   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
"The car despite the Torque Biasing diffs, have savage torque steer which takes some getting used to. In a normal car, you overtake by pulling to the right, then pressing the accelerator pedal and finally turning left to get back to the correct lane. In this, the job is way too easier. Just press the pedal all the way down and try to hold the steering wheel straight; the car will automatically pull towards the right and then to the left, by the time you would have overtaken it and returned to the correct lane, some 150 metres away!"
Vivek, I am still confused about this bit. Is there so much of steer torque that it pulls so much to sides?
looks a dubious claim. but quite possible i guess. i have experienced minor versions of such steers.
Old 29th October 2008, 15:06   #83
BHPian

Vivekji, thank you for taking the time to put your experience in words for us. Really enjoyed reading about your outing.
Old 29th October 2008, 15:25   #84
BHPian

I'm happy about the car, even if its only 300bhp. Its still the fastest Octy in the country. Since this comes from petes, it can be close to teh real figure pretty much. Its gonna be better than all the other farts in business and claim tall figures with no basis at all. This looks like a proper professional job and everything is very well executed. Its got one of the cleanest looking engine bays. Thats shows the quality of the work.
Old 29th October 2008, 15:50   #85
Senior - BHPian

^+1 to this.

Show me one more person who has achieved what petes has.fine he supplies part.but its also the install.his installs are the best seen so far.none of the garden hose types.

And AFAIK there has been now engine failure from any of his tuned or remapped cars.

Give the man some respect that he deserves.
Old 29th October 2008, 16:08   #86
BHPian

In any mod job, its not easy to install even a kit. tell me how many guys in this country can make an aggressive cam work. How many know about the actual stuff. How much gains do turbo upgrades and FI builds get. People thing they have the fastest car, only to get smoked by a lame looking car or an NA car.
Fitting is never tuning and tuning is not fitting. Its the overall set-up.
The thing is that there are a lot of farts in the market that you cant really recognise a good build. Everything is a doubt.
This is one of the cleanest work I've seen. I've heard of tall claims by Leela and many others, his City was supposed to be a nightmare and kill all cars in the 2006 speedrun. Only to blow his engine and find the truth himself. Claims are claims, however a good set-up can still outclass them all.
If this car can even pump 300bhp odd true with a turbo upgrade, higher comp, Hi fi electricals etc...its still atleast a whooping 166bhp/ltr..over the stock 83bhp/ltr of the stock engine. Thats 100% more power. Mind you, its not a big bore....the plain 1.8Ltr engine. The car is performing on the lines of an EVO in the specific output numbers, with 200cc lesser.
Old 29th October 2008, 16:13   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Show me one more person who has achieved what petes has.fine he supplies part.but its also the install.his installs are the best seen so far.none of the garden hose types.

And AFAIK there has been now engine failure from any of his tuned or remapped cars.

Give the man some respect that he deserves.
Nobody said Petes was a bad tuner. I'v praised him for the engine part of the mod myself.

The prob comes when people start saying stuff like "yeah you heard it right its 500bhp, not 350".

Statements like those are uncalled for, especially when there is no proof to support it.

The outburst was never against peters skills, it was regarding the bhp claims made.

Thats all there is to it.

Shan2nu
Old 29th October 2008, 16:17   #88
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for a really nice review, Vivek! I enjoyed reading it very much.

I had heard of a Silver Mumbai-bound uber-vRS from Pete's about a month back, but what mostly registered with me (typically of me) was the description of some really serious ICE in it No idea if this was the one.

I'm sure a car like this will get the limelight it deserves soon enough, and sooner or later there will be official dyno figures to go with the acclaim. It is also good to see the owner has good taste, and he did not at all go overboard in the visual mods dept.

Last edited by hydrashok : 29th October 2008 at 16:19.
Old 29th October 2008, 17:26   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
The turbo runs at 25-26psi, I was told.
Thanks. Do you know who supplies the kit.
Old 29th October 2008, 17:57   #90
BHPian

Nothing against the skoda,but i would rather make a lancer(evo),like the ones i make here in india.
If someome was to spend this amount on a skoda,the evo would make 400 hp and would be AWD.And would leave the skoda behind on a trip from mumbai to goa.AWD control is far better than a front wheel drive.Cant steer and power on the same wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Actually I'm afraid if you are the one, losing the point here. The GTR was born with one intention- to beat the 911. The RS 500 on the other hand wasn't. This car is not a GTR. Nor does it pretend to be one. And in all probability it won't stack up very well against the 10 best supercars in their fastest laps around the Nurburgring, without killing you. It's still front wheel drive which everyone knows is not the best layout to lay down all that power. The chassis was born to be a practical four door saloon(semi-notchback if you insist) and whatever you do, it will not able to harness the power like a racecar.

What Petes has done is make a standard Octavia produce a supercar rivalling 500bhp. Without losing none of the practicality factor; it still carries four people and all their luggage. The 0-100kmph times are somewhat marred by the FWD layout. But it is definitely faster than anything you would normally encounter on the road. It can reach insane speeds in no time. It can scare your friends in the backseats. Think of it as a 911 beater or GTR hunter and you are losing the point. Think of it as the fastest Octavia RS in India and it all begins to make sense. It is not designed to put down the best 0-100kmph times. Nor the best lap times. It's a 500bhp FWD family saloon.

Why, you may ask? Because the person who ordered his car liked it this way. He didnt want a GTR because he already has one. He wanted a car that looks ordinary but goes like a rocket. Something which he cam take everywhere without worrying about people putting their paw marks. Something in which can throw nasty surprises when you press the pedal. You get the idea. It's the best stealth missile. And you dont have to spend supercar amounts to get this.

As for the 8seconds timing of the 300bhp car, it's mostly due to the condition it was in, at that time. It was down on power thanks to a burnt clutch, a defective intercooler and the extremely hot climate. Autocar had taken all these into consideration and mentioned these in their article. I too was present at the track in Coimbatore and remebered that the car didnt feel as powerful as when i drove it before that.

Most Viewed