Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2008, 14:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sinspeed MAXPOWER!! opinions please

+25BHP Modification Tuning Device SINSPEED

please go through the link above and check this product. is it similar to Triphase control ? but this is damn cheaper than Tri-Phase control.

is it worth buying it? my friend is in UK and in coming to india within 10 days. shall i ask him to buy it for me?
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

It's the exact same product as a triphase. Just fools the ECU. Good thing is that this product atleast clearly mentions what it is doing for the performance gain which was never clear with the triphase.
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

yes it is clearly written that it changes the fuel map by fooling the ECU from Air intake sensor.
the cost is only 1500 bucks and 700 bucks for shipping to INDIA.
and on ebay and other site people have given good reviews. they have used on mazda, toyota and other cars. however is am susceptible whether my 800 cc engine will take this?
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

amit i think someone got tri-phase for $40 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/949876-post147.html

Even i am inclined on getting one.
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

a similar chip from Punk performance Australia is available just for Rs. 600 and shipping free to India.

20 bhp mod chip for RANGE ROVER Freelander Land Rover - eBay Mod Chips, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 04-Nov-08 17:58:10 AEDST)
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

done a lot of research on the web and other fiat and uk forums, also saw posts from people who have used it.

now i believe its just a crap, a gimmik and cheap resistor, that will alter your signals from air intake sensor, telling the ECU that the air is much colder even when its not.
the ECU sends rich mixture which causes the extra HP and then the O2 sensor gives the feedback to ECU again to lean the mixture.
the extra fuel causes bore wash damaging the engine, O2 sensor and also the cat con.

Sinspeed, Punk performance, TRIPHASE all are cheap gimmiks a simple resistor which is real cheap in price too.
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:06   #7
BHPian

I have driven a tri-phase equipped car and found absolutely no difference in performance between the unit switched on & off. Some people have claimed marginal performance gains, good for them. But I am convinced that the box offers zero benefits.
Old 4th November 2008, 00:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

triphase and performance resistors/chips are waste

no wonder these gimmiks are cheap. these are available in plenty especially in UK. but everyone has given bad reviews about it. they are available for just 15 euros or 1200 rs. australia to has them. they ship it to india free of cost.
so the landing price is just 800 rs.

but triphase being the same gimmik is damn costly. i think it just has dual resistors to toggle between + and ++ setting.

i think instead of fooling the engine that it has got cold air its better to give it cold air instead with CAI etc.
Old 4th November 2008, 01:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have driven a tri-phase equipped car and found absolutely no difference in performance between the unit switched on & off. Some people have claimed marginal performance gains, good for them. But I am convinced that the box offers zero benefits.
Yup, even i had a similar experience. Maybe there is a diff but not to an extent where you can notice it.

And why are they marketing gains in "bhp" when they should be doing it in terms of "percentage".

Do they mean to say that irrespective of whether i put this on a 100bhp car or a 1000bhp car, i will only see a 25bhp gain? What
bull!!!

Please dont waste your money on such things.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 4th November 2008 at 01:40.
Old 7th November 2008, 11:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post

not entirely true boss!!
just a tri phase might not make a HUGE difference if thats the only modification you have made to your engine. but if you have a free flow and a performance filter it really does make a big difference. ive driven 2-3 cars with the tri-phase off and then on and its quite a leap in terms of performance. if not raw power it definitely IS noticeable and quite a vfm boost in performance.
Old 7th November 2008, 11:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

Yes it fools the ECU.
But do you realize what is this thing actually?
Its just a resistor, and resistors should cost 25rs not 2500rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
not entirely true boss!!
just a tri phase might not make a HUGE difference if thats the only modification you have made to your engine. but if you have a free flow and a performance filter it really does make a big difference. ive driven 2-3 cars with the tri-phase off and then on and its quite a leap in terms of performance. if not raw power it definitely IS noticeable and quite a vfm boost in performance.
Can you post some timings and dyno numbers etc., to substantiate your claim?
"Feels faster" is not really a useful yardstick.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 7th November 2008 at 11:50.
Old 7th November 2008, 12:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

true. feels faster was never a yardstick, but several members on and outside this forum who drive their cars on a daily basis with the tri phase will stress on the fact that the tri phase is not for outright power or bhp gains. its more about torque and driveability. the very reason why im sticking to this is that i have been mulling getting a tri phase for my car since 2-3 months, ever since i started my rehaul and as a discerning buyer i have done quite a bit of reading online. its been produced by a reputed company in the usa and it does have its share of loyal owners.
i shall post links as soon as im off this crappy tata indicom plug2surf and back on to broadband. anyways coming back to the tri phase it may be gimmickry or maybe a very simple and basic use of electricity and physics but it DOES speak for itself. if one calls that gimmickry then even petes digital tuning boxes may be labelled as gimmickry because even they warrant a performance gain by electrical gimmickry(albeit at a much more sophisticated and higher level, hence the higher price) mind you im NOT comparing the two as they function on altogether different grounds.
someone please correct me if im wrong, this is just my 2 cents based on the knowledge i possess and the reading i have done in the last few weeks.
as far as dyno/gtech figures are concerned i dont have any idea about those but if someone could shout out to viper then he may come in and mention those since its his product!
HEEEEEEEEELOOOOOOOOO viper where are you????

Last edited by frankmehta : 7th November 2008 at 12:48.
Old 7th November 2008, 12:46   #13
Team-BHP Support

Put your car in 4th gear, and do a 40-80 on full throttle, with box on and off, and see how many seconds you shave off.
This is the best test of driveability and torque improvements.
Old 7th November 2008, 12:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

hmmm yeah. can we have a poll moderator????? users of triphase can come and vote!
not just triphase actually, everyone whos had some performance module. it might be an eye opener and put things to rest eventually!

Last edited by frankmehta : 7th November 2008 at 12:52.
Old 7th November 2008, 14:05   #15
Team-BHP Support

Why do we need a poll, there is a triphase thread already, people who have some "numbers" can come and post there, its simple.
As for this product, I doubt anybody has used it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks