Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2009, 11:43   #16
NIP
Senior - BHPian

I would love to upgrade my centre console to the newer one as well. Any luck with this razor ?
Old 8th July 2009, 12:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, no luck. It seems the handbrake issue is a show-stopper. Would involve a fair bit of work, and "juggad" work, even when done at an A.S.C is never that reliable. So, stayed away from it.
Old 2nd January 2010, 09:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
How about an anti roll bar for the severe body roll and a coil spring conversion for comfort, I have an '05 and want to the mods that you are looking at. The ride quality is so bad that my back is almost destroyed.
Hi spawnofsatan & fellow Scorpions, has anybody got the conversion to coil springs done? I have just bought a 2004 Dec Scorpio, and I am wondering whether I should do this to improve my ride quality.
Old 2nd January 2010, 16:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hi spawnofsatan & fellow Scorpions, has anybody got the conversion to coil springs done? I have just bought a 2004 Dec Scorpio, and I am wondering whether I should do this to improve my ride quality.
Coil spring conversion is very complicated and expensive. Your best be will be to go for Carbon Fibre leaf springs which a few members on this forum have already done to their jeeps/Ford Endys.
Old 4th January 2010, 07:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton 4x4addict, I found a great thread, by using your keywords !

My problem seems to be one of very low rebound damping, as the Scorpio needs 5 to 6 oscillations to settle down (when I do a bounce test in standstill). Automotive literature that I have read up say that the rebound oscillations in a properly damped suspension should not exceed 2 cycles, when bounce tested in standstill.

I hope the carbon fibre leaf spring has good inherent damping characteristics as well, to support the weak stock dampers present on these Scorpios (other leaf spring Scorpio owners may correct me, if I am wrong here). Or maybe its just that my shock absorbers (dampers) need replacement, as they are around 80k old.
cheers,
mohit oza
Old 4th January 2010, 10:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I suggest, get your shock absorbers checked first. It could be time to replace the shocks since the vehicle has done 80K. You may also get the leaf spring re cambered and see if this makes a difference.
Old 5th January 2010, 09:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I suggest, get your shock absorbers checked first. It could be time to replace the shocks since the vehicle has done 80K. You may also get the leaf spring re cambered and see if this makes a difference.
Is there anyone here done Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited ? When I wrote them, they only said they have satisfied Scorpio customers.
Old 5th January 2010, 11:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

My thanks to 4x4addict and agbenny for the suggestions. I visited my ASC today, and they have told me that the shocks are good, and therefore they do not promise much improvement after change of shocks (I liked their candid opinion in this regard, I must say !).

So I will have to choose between Pete's suspension upgrade and Carbon springs, I guess.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Did some more ground work yesterday. The composite leaf spring option for the Scorpio is currently being offered only for the rear suspension, and costs 20k here in Bangalore. The supplier claims that this will reduce pitching in the rear.

The other option, Bilstein B6 shocks (for better damping) is being offered in Bangalore at 36K for the whole set, and they claim good results as well.

It would be interesting to know if a combination of composite leaves for the rear & Bilsteins for the front will a workable option. That translates into a total spend of 38K (considering only 2 Bilsteins, at the front).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks