Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 14:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

First of all what happened to the last rebuild ? Did it yield anything worthwhile and was the car back to running condition ?
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:28   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Holy hell! What is going on here?

Just read the whole thread. To begin with, I cant describe whats going through me right now. Dont know if I should be surprised/happy/lucky/thankful.

Zak, let me detail the tech part of it.

1. After last rebuild by Scan engine is reliable. Only clutch gave up when I was returning from Madurai with parents from a temple trip. After a long long time mom and dad were actually happy with the way the car was running during that trip.

2. I checked the engine bay, damage isnt bad. Just the windshield washer pipe is cut, not because of the rats but because of closing the bonnet improperly or something. No sensors/wires/harness in the bay seems to be affected.

3. Seats surely need to be re-upholstered and a complete interior cleaning is a must.

4. Car needs a complete service along with changing all the lubricants and taking of the rust from the brake discs etc.

5. Front suspension is busted, so need to get that changed as well.

6. As everyone suggested, entire electricals have to be checked once just to confirm.

7. Car needs a paintjob as the brilliant job done earlier has completed peeled off.

@ Spadival: So when are you coming to pick up my car and treat it the way a baleno should be?

@ Benny: To be honest, I have atleast started to get the car back into shape a million times in the last 8 months. I did start, bought a lot of stuff, then somehow got distracted by this wonderful women in my life . Rebuilding a car takes a lot of time and patience, and I wasn't prepared to lose out on hours/days running behind the car and lose out on quality time with her and my dads business. I have done that before and I still can't forgive myself for it.

@ Jaggu: You are right Jaggu. I truely deserve a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremebaleno
And I seriously doubt the 'love' part of it - would be glad to be proved wrong though. From what I read on the forum, he seems to have moved on to the Swift-D.
Another confession id like to make here. I still love the car like mad. There have been many times when I have silently watched her parked there and shed a tear or two. But somehow, more than anything else, I haven't had the COURAGE to touch that car for all that I did to her.

Biju, the swift is just a car to me. One that gets me from point A to B. Nothing more, nothing less. I have always hated that car for the way it rattles and the crappy engine that runs out of breadth at 3,200 rpm. Even when I went to Munnar or Goa and clicked snaps of the Swift, I always told myself "wish the baleno was here instead".

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljah
Rahul is blessed indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikkumar
All I can say, mcl0111, is that he is lucky to have you.
You guys can see what a wonderful women she is. I have done a lot of injustice to her. Kept running behind car, my friends and hardly ever spent time with her. Yet she put up with all of that and never complained. Today, I realize what she has been through and I didnt want to tread along the same path. Its not that I dont love the car, its just that I love her more and I had to make up for my mistake even if it meant I had to leave the car lying like this.

A convo we had at Goa.

1885: What do you want this 11th? (it was our anniversary)
0111: Nothing baby!
1885: You can have anything you want, just name it.
0111: Fine, then please get the baleno ready. For my sake, I cant see that car like that. You know how much it means to me and you.
1885: Ok, I shall think about it.

@mclaren0111: I don't know what to say. I am so lucky to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren0111
Just so that you should know, I have always known he loved his car more than me (and still does). So that must mean something right?
Thats NOT TRUE! And I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem lover
He he, thats the fun part.
Well, I can see her sitting 5 ft away from me with this weird smile on her face. Got to go now, she definitely deserves a warm hug for this kind gesture. Will update this thread in a while. For now.... Censored ......
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Biju, the swift is just a car to me. One that gets me from point A to B. Nothing more, nothing less.
@rahul, I am glad to be proven wrong (about your love for the Baleno).

So, both you mclarens, get the car up and running. The paintjob can IMO be the last thing to do. Get her running for now. Its gross injustice for a auto-enthusisast's car (a barely 2-year old one at that) to be grounded like a K.S.R.T.C. bus at the bus depot.
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:46   #19
BHPian

Rahul most of here know how dear that baleno is to you and how much it must be hurting you to see it sitting there. Whether people voice their opinions or not, I do believe nothing would please many members of this community more than seeing that car roar back to life. Everyone of us car owners/lovers knows what it means to be in love with a bunch of bolts

She (mcl0111) is special and her understanding your relationship and bond with the car makes her even more special. What we can do to aid in resurrecting the baleno we will do. What you can do is to treasure the lady for she can't be rebuilt or replaced. Cheers man! All the best!!
Old 3rd November 2008, 18:33   #20
BANNED

1. I would suggest you to put the new clutch in first.
2. Then get an expert auto electrician to check and work on the whole wiring system. Battery should be filled up/changed/serviced if needed.
3. Get a good mechanic who can brush your brake discs and drums. Do the brake bleeding, polishing whatever necessary in that department too. Get new brake pads.
4. Get a proper service. Change all the lubricants/fluids (no matter how good it looks). Engine flush recommended. Change any belt(s) which looks weak/aged. Change all the rubber bushes as necessary. Check the accelerator cable, boot opener, fuel lid opener, hood opener etc.. Get new rubber beadings for all the doors if needed. Grease the power window mechanism. Get the radiator cleaned, flushed and filled.
5. Give it a good under the hood cleaning. Spray some oily stuff wherever needed after the job. Paint/polish the engine cover for some looks.

After doing all the above, start the interior works as mentioned earlier.

And tires? How do they look? Please don't go to gujri for tires to shod this beauty.

I would be more than happy to see your car in a good condition and smiling to glory.

Note: Whatever happens, never go back to your old friendly and gentlemen Tuners (internet kind or whatever). Not that I want to badmouth them here. But doesn't want another unpleasant experience happening under your nose.

Last edited by speedzak : 3rd November 2008 at 18:37. Reason: Note.
Old 3rd November 2008, 18:59   #21
BHPian

Hi pal ,get the machanical and electrical work done first,keep the interior clean up work at the last , u can get a good seat covers done up for your car as there are variety of choices available and not to forget replace the floor mats as it will definetly make a difference. i suggest u get the wiring checked completly and remake it if needed in the boot and behind the dash board area .
And about the painting job its completly upto both the mclarens,
i feel a proper waxing with slight touch ups is enough.
Hatts off to you mclaren0111 &MCLAREN1885 you people make a PERFECT couple , touch wood( you know why i meant touch wood,and i really touched the wood he he he )
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:21   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
What you can do is to treasure the lady for she can't be rebuilt or replaced.
You just stole the words out of my mouth Karthik.

Zak, thats some really nice info there. Had missed out on the radiator cleaning and checking of all the belts. Thanks a ton for chalking out a detailed description of the work needed to be done. New brake pads are already purchased along with some other goodies a long time back.

I am still running the Neova's. As per my estimation I think they will easily last another 5-7k kms. After that, I mostly am planning to pick another set of AD07's.

Dont worry Zak, lesson learnt and with such wonderful people like yourself, karthik, riju and others ready to help I am sure this time I shall be on the right side of the fence.

Just one thing worries me, the clutch is a performance Exedy Stage II. Don't know if local mechs in MASS will be able to install it upto the mark. Now got to do some digging.
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
@ Benny: ....bought a lot of stuff, then somehow got distracted by this wonderful women in my life . ......
women ? It was a typo ..right ?
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:41   #24
BANNED

Is the exedy clutch a big necessity in your car?
If not, can't you get a normal clutch from M.A.S.S?

If the exedy is indeed a necessity, then get it installed by a good mechanic other than the 'glorified tunning frauds' in Bangalore. I'll PM you some mechanics I had been friends with when I was still in my teens. Man! They may don't have this so called professional setups and garages, but will anyday do a far better job than the ones mentioned above.
I know, I have brought some bad memories by typing in the above. But let me be very frank: Knowing Rahul, it's very easy to lure him by some emotional blackmailing for which the above tuners are very famous for.
But let's not make this thread another one to shower mispleasantries on the infamous tuners.
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:46   #25
BANNED

Hey, no draining the fuel tank? idle for 8 months!!!
Old 4th November 2008, 00:17   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
women ? It was a typo ..right ?
Aha, you were quick to spot that weren't you? I was hoping that the thread starter would ask this question .

@ Zak: The car is quite powerful in its current state, I doubt a stock clutch can hold up the power. Plus I have some goodies that I picked up for the car a long time back. Though I have no immediate plans of plonking them in, I might in the far future. Once, I decide on everything there is to it.

The lady in question here, decided to take me on shopping spree and we came back with these....

Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-114023.jpg

Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-img_0979ed.jpg

Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-img_0985ed.jpg

Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-69_1.jpg

I have held onto these for over 5 months now. And I am willing to hold onto them till the time I find the right person or learn to successfully do a DIY and obviously lots of time at hand. Actually, more than me its this lady here who wants all this done. She says, you had dreamt of turboing your car right from the start, got lost somewhere listening to ideas of others to do a high comp build and we all know what happened. Maybe, now you should follow what your heart said in the first place and go ahead.

But first things come first. Got to change the clutch, do all the things needed that you mentioned and then worry about the rest. I think I should get cracking on this by next week.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 4th November 2008 at 00:18.
Old 4th November 2008, 01:36   #27
BANNED

just one quesstion ? why did u dump using the car in the first place. i mean 8 months just lying around is a waste of a car. did u kill the engine or something im not sure what went wrong, guessing this was not a daily driver ?
Old 4th November 2008, 07:30   #28

Looks like we have made tremendous progress. Guys, thank you all for the support.

Rahul, Id like to see this through myself. It was supposed to be a gift and so it shall be. You could help me on this .

Jesal, his dad was also unwell at the same time and he had to take over the charge of his company and work for like 15-18hrs a day for a good part of the last 6 months. Like he said, getting this car ready was going to mean spending long hours at a garage, which he clearly couldn't do given the circumstances.

But all's well that ends well. Cant wait to see this car up and running.
Old 4th November 2008, 08:58   #29
BHPian

Rahul remember to get your ac disinfected. You get the spray from wurth. And if you find yourself heading this side, drop by. Got something you might like.
Harrie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2008, 09:27   #30
BHPian

Actually I am touched by this thread to say the least. Rahul you really dont know how lucky you are! you need to figure out what you are lucky for!

Enough suggestions have been given to get it back to shape and I wont repeat the same. Keep the paintjob for the last.

Beautiful goodies you got there. Turbo manifold from Australia? Looks beautiful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks