Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2008, 15:10   #61
BHPian

I'm not qualified enough to make suggestions. Just wanted to tell you all, specially mclaren (both of you) how addicted i am to this thread. I don't have a vocabulary expansive enough to tell you how amazed I am by the efforts being put in by everyone.
here's hoping a speedy recovery to you're baleno and hope the two of you remain forever in love. From my side, three cheers & best of luck.
Old 8th November 2008, 16:58   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ms Mclaren (and Mr), if you are serious about getting the Baleno back to shape, here is what I recommend:

1. M.A.S.S.!! You may scoff at the idea and still choose the aftermarket, but they aren't setting standards in quality for nothing. Believe you me, they will use OEM parts and do what needs to be done.

2. Do NOT go overboard with the mods. A reliable quick car is preferable over a really fast car that spends too many days in the garage. This is all the more relevant seeing the current state of your car.

At the end of the day, this ain't no Ferrari and is a Jap family sedan from Maruti. Getting her back to top shape will be a piece of cake for a competent authorised service station.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2008, 18:00   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Pictures of Rahul proposing ?
I hope you guys are kidding. You really didn't expect me to have a camera to click pics while proposing did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
@1885 & 0111 is this ride gonna make it to the sunday meet would love to see!!!!
I guess the time frame we have in mind is 2nd week of Jan. There are a lot of issues needed to be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
So whats the progress going like? Do we see the turbo in it?
Not sure yet about the turbo. Actually, first aim is to get the car running reliably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
well he will be, i am hoping in a short while &
practise makes the man perfect!!so.
Alias, there is still a lot of time for that. And I mean a LOT of time.

Quote:
I guess he's busy with the censored part of his life, so i thought i'll let you know that the car is not stock.
Nothing censored about it. Actually, we just drove down to Channapatna Barista, go-karting at Grips amongst other things. Surprise plan she made today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ms Mclaren (and Mr), if you are serious about getting the Baleno back to shape, here is what I recommend:

1. M.A.S.S.!! You may scoff at the idea and still choose the aftermarket, but they aren't setting standards in quality for nothing. Believe you me, they will use OEM parts and do what needs to be done.

2. Do NOT go overboard with the mods. A reliable quick car is preferable over a really fast car that spends too many days in the garage. This is all the more relevant seeing the current state of your car.

At the end of the day, this ain't no Ferrari and is a Jap family sedan from Maruti. Getting her back to top shape will be a piece of cake for a competent authorised service station.
Rush, you are absolutely right. I am trying to talk to a MASS that is located just 2kms from my apartment. That way I/dad can keep an eye on the car at all times. I shall be picking up all the OEM parts myself and standing there to make sure all the work is done fine (fingers crossed).

As for the mods, yes I am going to tread very carefully this time around.

Thanks for the suggestions, shall surely keep them in mind.
Old 8th November 2008, 23:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Will the MASS do the restoration work when they see a turbo installed ?
Old 8th November 2008, 23:39   #65
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I hope you guys are kidding. You really didn't expect me to have a camera to click pics while proposing did you?
I certainly didnt expect that, Headers asked you for the pics so i wanted to confirm if thats what he asked for...

BTW, when do you plan to start with the work on your car ? Decided on the clutch ?
Old 9th November 2008, 06:56   #66
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Kp, the turbo is NOT installed YET. It wont be atleast until the beginning of the new year.

Jay, having talks with a MASS to see if they can take the car in by Wednesday or Thursday latest. Decided to retain the Exedy clutch.
Old 9th November 2008, 07:52   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I certainly didnt expect that, Headers asked you for the pics so i wanted to confirm if thats what he asked for...
Rahul, look for inspiration from the "Sam Kapasi" threads as to how to post pictures. Guess I dont need to say more
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
MASS should have no issues with Turbo etc, as long as you dont ask them for warranty!
Old 10th November 2008, 08:05   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Rahul, look for inspiration from the "Sam Kapasi" threads as to how to post pictures. Guess I dont need to say more!
Then he will be forced to go out alone with his cam and we will be hearing stories about Mcl and 1000D.

Back to the topic at hand, today I shall be visit the MASS and talking to them. Shall keep this thread updated....
Old 10th November 2008, 16:30   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
MASS should have no issues with Turbo etc, as long as you dont ask them for warranty!
If you take all the parts to them , and ask them to install(and give clear instructions on what to do), they usually will (the ones associated with dealers might just refuse) - generally i've found the ones that earn their bread and butter with just service usually oblige for custom work.
Old 10th November 2008, 16:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Kp, the turbo is NOT installed YET. It wont be atleast until the beginning of the new year.

Jay, having talks with a MASS to see if they can take the car in by Wednesday or Thursday latest. Decided to retain the Exedy clutch.

Surakshaa in Adugodi seems to be a good MASS with good feedback from akroy. I think even Khan_sultan got his gypsy lockers ( non standard ) done there ?
Old 10th November 2008, 17:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Surakshaa in Adugodi seems to be a good MASS with good feedback from akroy. I think even Khan_sultan got his gypsy lockers ( non standard ) done there ?
Ya, both me and khan_sultan go to Surakshaa at Bommanahalli.
Audugodi one too is good as well.

Abhi
Old 10th November 2008, 17:26   #72
Team-BHP Support

If this provides the momentum to get the restoration flowing, so be it. Here's a pic from the car's earlier days.

Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-dsc01008.jpg
Old 12th November 2008, 22:37   #73
BHPian

looks good man, so subtle & the wheels look amazing. Better speed up the work guys.
Old 12th December 2008, 11:14   #74

Time to update this thread. Car has been taken to a MASS and work is in progress at a very slow pace. I spoke to the mechanics and they say a lot of things have to be replaced but more importantly they have to strip down the complete car and check the wiring thoroughly. I am yet to go select the fabric I would like on the seats. All the mats have been purchased, battery has a fault and will have to be replaced, so will the brakes, steering column, some bits of the suspension, tints and a few other things. Since we both have exams going on, focus has shifted to studies for a while. Though my timeline was to get the car ready for Jan 18th given the circumstances I think its going to take a bit longer than that as our exams will be getting over only by Jan end. Shall keep updating this thread as and when I can. Thank you all for the kind gestures and vote of confidence.
Old 12th December 2008, 12:39   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
mclaren0111 : I am yet to go select the fabric I would like on the seats. All the mats have been purchased,
@McL, looks like you have it all planned out - not just the immed things to take care of, but also how exactly you want it to be, when it is ready to fire. Way to go ! Even if things are not be done by feb 18th, dont lose heart. Just keep at it - persistence will yield the results you both want.

What kind of mats have you picked up ? Any pics ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks