Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 01:25   #91
BHPian

Congratulations Mclarens this is one thread that i have been religiously following , shows how much the Mclarens love each other and the fruit of their love their Baleno.
Keep up the good work.

cheers:
Old 10th January 2009, 04:47   #92
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Shall upload the pics and write a detailed report asap. A million thanks to 0111 for making this happen. This would not have been possible without her persistence. Goes without saying that I would like to thank her a lot for this wonderful gesture.

@Zak: Get well soon. Thanks for the wishes.

@Riju: I shall keep you informed about the photo shoot. First need to get the ECU tuning right before I take it out anywhere.

Guys, thanks a ton for all the wishes. This could not have been possible with all your kind words and encouragement.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th January 2009 at 04:51.
Old 10th January 2009, 05:25   #93
BHPian

so we will see the baleno on the track soon ?
Old 10th January 2009, 06:01   #94

Hi,
I want to ask something out of curiosity.I know that Mr.Rahul had modified his car earlier as well.Can anyone please tell us on the person who had worked on this car initially.This way you can warn others who might fall into the trap again.
Another thing that I want to know is,does it make sense to invest money in modifications on a car with a not so big 1.6L engine.
Doesnt it make more sense to instead sell that "not-in production" car and go for a second hand more powerful car that one can source at around the same price.
Forgive me if I fail to understand this ,I belong to a different generation.
I also had owned a suzuki baleno altura,so i am not saying this isnt a good car!!

Thanks!
Old 10th January 2009, 12:16   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
so we will see the baleno on the track soon ?
Hopefully sometime in Feb the car should be heading track bound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdriver View Post
Hi,
Another thing that I want to know is,does it make sense to invest money in modifications on a car with a not so big 1.6L engine.
Doesnt it make more sense to instead sell that "not-in production" car and go for a second hand more powerful car that one can source at around the same price.
The thing is we both have a lot of emotional attachment towards this car. I don't think I will be ever selling this car ever and I am yet to see a car from the new generation (save Fiesta 1.6S) that can be as much fun as the OHC & Baleno. Someday it will end up being an antique piece . I intend to keep it for that long.
Old 10th January 2009, 21:47   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Hopefully sometime in Feb the car should be heading track bound.

The thing is we both have a lot of emotional attachment towards this car. I don't think I will be ever selling this car ever and I am yet to see a car from the new generation (save Fiesta 1.6S) that can be as much fun as the OHC & Baleno. Someday it will end up being an antique piece . I intend to keep it for that long.
Hello,
Thanks for the reply.All the best with your car.Hope I didnt sound like I was discouraging you,I was actually hinting at buying cars like the honda accord which you can source for about 6 L Rupees.

Can you please tell us on the workshop where you did your car previously.The reason I am asking this is because ,my son is planning on an expensive modification for the family accord as we dont want to sell it.
I dont want him to get into a similar mess.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks!
Old 11th January 2009, 23:00   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdriver View Post
Can you please tell us on the workshop where you did your car previously.The reason I am asking this is because ,my son is planning on an expensive modification for the family accord as we dont want to sell it.
I dont want him to get into a similar mess.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks!
You may check my other threads on this topic. I have mentioned all those details there. Don't want to derail this thread. Start a new thread for mods on the accord I am sure people here will be willing to help. If not send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 11th January 2009, 23:33   #98
Senior - BHPian

Rahul
Now, Whats the status of Baleno ?

Today is 11th, I feel like eatin pure veg Soya beans with mustard sauce..
Old 11th January 2009, 23:39   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Today is 11th, I feel like eatin pure veg Soya beans with mustard sauce..
Holy hell! How did you know that?
Old 12th January 2009, 11:14   #100
BANNED

Car on jacks.
Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-img_2175.jpg

Underbody inspection.
Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-img_2176.jpg

Rusted brake components.
Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-img_2174.jpg

Due to two worn out oil seals oil leaked into the bell housing leading to premature clutch wear.
Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-img_2187.jpg

Burnt clutch plate.
Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-img_2188.jpg

Busted oil seal.
Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-img_2190.jpg

Planning to pick up this BUSA manifold and ITB setup. Not sure if its worth it. Jitu & Co, need your inputs on this.
Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-img_2123.jpg

Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs.-img_2125.jpg
Old 12th January 2009, 11:30   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

@mclaren0111: Dues to your initiative we are seeing the whole project take off and your "bitter" half now getting the project completed. Kudos and keep pushing him.
Old 12th January 2009, 11:42   #102
BHPian

What clutch is going in? Hmm ITB setup, would be nice to see. Hope it works out well.
Old 12th January 2009, 11:44   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
What clutch is going in? Hmm ITB setup, would be nice to see. Hope it works out well.
Exedy Stage II. Not yet sure about going the ITB way. Planning to though. Let us see how it works.
Old 12th January 2009, 14:08   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Exedy Stage II.
Wont that be a bit too hard for city usage?
Old 12th January 2009, 14:21   #105
Senior - BHPian

The clutch has worn out badly. which brand is this six spring one? the same oil seal destroyed two of my clutch. looks like oil leak from crankcase too.
Do you still have the ''karkarkar'' noise from gearbox. i am getting it whenever i push the accelerator in high gear from slow speeds. Please do mention of the cost involved in various components going in to the car

Last edited by gigy : 12th January 2009 at 14:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks