Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2008, 15:59   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
YES, as you want to keep the 4x4, or find the Scorpio engine. Any other engine spoils the MM540/550. Unless it's for city use and never going to be used for off roading.
I heard that Scorpio engine is not straight fit. I would start my research on Propane (LPG) Fumigation in Diesel Engine to increase it's power. I understood that if it properlly fitted, it can increase the power by 20%.
Old 24th November 2008, 22:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
I heard that Scorpio engine is not straight fit. I would start my research on Propane (LPG) Fumigation in Diesel Engine to increase it's power. I understood that if it properlly fitted, it can increase the power by 20%.
scropio engine will need some mods, but one can retain the 4x4 capability , there's question of coupling the gear box and engine and the engine mounts, these can be tackled with some ingenuity.
As for the propane injection, it's great fun, I had built the system for my jeep, it's addictive and one goes through the propane bottle very fast.
You can build one by yourself, but have to be very careful while doing so and have to find the right pressure for injection, the pressure increase in the cylinder is very high.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks