Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 22:41   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Saw your car on DND last week, must say looks cool!!!
I am also planning angel eyes just the lack of vitamin M is holding me back.
Thank you so much.

After a long break, Im back and got a few more thing done to my car.

After the stories of turbo blow up's, and the theories of Turbo has to be cooled down before shutting of the engine, I finally found what i was looking for to save my engine after a hard days work.

This little device is called a "TURBO TIMER" ,is a simple device that helps to keep running even when you take out the keys and even "lock the car" and go, This saves the head ache of sitting in the car and waiting for 1-2min's before you can shut the engine off and then go to your destination. I know every one thinks why need a device for such a small things but trust me when you are in a rush you will never bother to do so.

I had seen these things on internet etc but today i witnessed it my self, and got one also FINALLY!.

Here is video for you reference,

In this video i have set it timer to 30 sec, it can be set to 20mins as well. The timer has 2 timer setting and one Volt display option. This timer also can be switched on and off so its not a compulsion to keep the engine running.
Old 21st September 2009, 22:49   #182
BHPian

Nice Invention. Great device..
Old 22nd September 2009, 00:05   #183
BHPian

Im now running maglines 15" finally 4.8kg per rim, Really very happy with the performance.
More pic's Later

And i also added an HID in the indicator just for the heck of it and shifted the indicator to the Parking slot.. Here are the pic's

Attached Images

Old 22nd September 2009, 00:38   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy
This little device is called a "TURBO TIMER" ,is a simple device that helps to keep running even when you take out the keys and even "lock the car" and go, This saves the head ache of sitting in the car and waiting for 1-2min's before you can shut the engine off and then go to your destination. I know every one thinks why need a device for such a small things but trust me when you are in a rush you will never bother to do so.
There's a con with the turbo timer.
If a driver/valet/someone who has no clue about it use the car, well, worst case, car'll end up banged into a wall or someone's car.
Old 22nd September 2009, 02:05   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post

I had seen these things on internet etc but today i witnessed it my self, and got one also FINALLY!
How much does it cost & where did you buy it from?? Also will it work with Petrol Engines! If so I might buy it.
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:24   #186
Senior - BHPian

Finally the thread coming back to Life, Pics of the new Spoiler please. Slowly but steadily I have started liking your car
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:27   #187
Senior - BHPian

noidaboy, cost(Product and installation) and source of the turbo timer please
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:57   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
There's a con with the turbo timer.
If a driver/valet/someone who has no clue about it use the car, well, worst case, car'll end up banged into a wall or someone's car.
Well you can switch it off anytime, Even i do that when my driver parks the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
How much does it cost & where did you buy it from?? Also will it work with Petrol Engines! If so I might buy it.
Yes it can work on petrol engines as well. Its a simple device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
noidaboy, cost(Product and installation) and source of the turbo timer please
Il shall pm the source. Else commercial exploitation and all that might start over again.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:06   #189
Senior - BHPian

Post some pics of the lights also , Do post the interior pics also and the SPOIL--ER.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:46   #190
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd September 2009 at 15:42. Reason: Please see note in post (working link added)
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:59   #191
Senior - BHPian

@ noida boy - i guess uploading pics on a photohosting site and using the links is not allowed on the forum.

Also i am unable to see the pics since PB is blocked at my office
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:10   #192
BHPian

Well,Since i had got my light, The bug to tweak it got bigger and bigger so finally i tried doing this to my light. I replaced the normal LED rings with CCFL's, But unfortunately due to bad fitment they didnt last very long. So more on this front later.

Secondly not just looks but to enhance visibility with some words of wisdom from a friend of mine and after a lot of thinking i finally decided to change the low beam projector as well
Before i was like what difference does it make every projector is almost the same, is it worth investing more?

all that but soon after a hours of discussion and practical tests, There is a helluva difference between projector and its quality. Not every projector is as good, is what i could figure out,The angling of the projector,the cut out, the size, the lens. Everything matters, So getting DIY projector job is not sufficient. Geting it right is the challenge.

So We replaced the low beam projector with the one used in skoda laura.,and here is the result.

1st pic will be of the low beam that came with the after market projector lights, Then its the laura projector low beam
Attached Thumbnails
Just another SWIFT DDIS!-evilpurple.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-blah.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-lowbeam.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo3.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-150920091510.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-150920091508.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2009, 16:26   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Finally the thread coming back to Life, Pics of the new Spoiler please. Slowly but steadily I have started liking your car
Ya right! I like it thats all that matters :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Post some pics of the lights also , Do post the interior pics also and the SPOIL--ER.
Nothing great in the interior. Il post the pic's of the spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ noida boy - i guess uploading pics on a photohosting site and using the links is not allowed on the forum.

Also i am unable to see the pics since PB is blocked at my office
Yes sir,done the needful, Its just that its easier formatting the post with external photo hosting site's
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:22   #194
Senior - BHPian

thank god the pink Eyes did not last long You can thank me later for this

The Light difference is truly amazing, A Low beam is enough for daily driving, I was so impressed with this, Even I did the same mod on my headlights and the output is of the hook. I will post details in my thread soon.
Old 24th September 2009, 00:57   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
thank god the pink Eyes did not last long You can thank me later for this.
It was suppose to be purple.! Anyways il go for simple white this time

Most Viewed