Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2013, 00:31   #16
BHPian

Re: Electrically Adjustable Side-View Mirrors

Friends - I have electrically opening/closing outside RVMs in my Corolla. While I take utmost care to close & open them electrically only but there are instances when pedestrians weave between cars at a red light and nudge them to close manually. The other day, a scooterist was weaving thru standing jam and, before I could act, closed my mirror to go past and then, to my utter disgust, asked his pillion to reopen it once he inched past my car to show courtesy.

My question is, will such unintentional manual operation instead of electrical one (which happens once every 3 days on an average) over a period cause the mechanism inside to malfunction please?
Old 11th July 2013, 08:05   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Electrically Adjustable Side-View Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujatwork View Post
My question is, will such unintentional manual operation instead of electrical one (which happens once every 3 days on an average) over a period cause the mechanism inside to malfunction please?
A very irritating phenomenon that happens on an everyday basis. But I doubt if this spoils the internal mechanism. First of all these days even the electric ORVMs are designed to go both ways so that they don't break off the minute a 2 wheeler brushes against them in traffic. Second in all my cars too this happens on a daily basis with either some unknown person opens the ORVM forcibly or the classic biker hitting them. But till date they all function properly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks