Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2008, 22:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Electrically Adjustable Side-View Mirrors

Friends,

I'm looking for Electrically Adjustable Side-View Mirrors with indicators for Scorpio. They do not come as OEM in any of the models. I wonder why M&M can't give these when they charge so much for their Scorpios.

Has anyone installed one in their truck? If so, how and from where it was procured and the cost. Does anybody in Delhi/NCR make, sell and install?

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th November 2008, 22:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi GD, In Karol bagh I saw "covers" with in built indicators for SUV side mirrors.
They cost 400rs/pair.
They are available in all shapes, and you can attach them to any SUV. After fitment it appears as if your side mirror has the indicator built in
Old 9th November 2008, 01:54   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend of mine attached santro ones to the scorpio. You can't install safari ones cause they fit next to the glass and don't have a stalk. The santro ones are a stalk type and fit like the scorpio installation. They should cost 1250 bucks.
I'm talking about the old santro mirrors, the long ones, not the new small ones which will look weird.
I'll try to get pics if possible.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:51   #4
BHPian

GD is looking at ELECTRICALLY adjustable OVRM with indicators!

Tejas@, I doubt is the Old Santro had electrically adjustable types.
Tsk, same with Karol Bagh covers – the Rs 400 ones might have indicators, but may not be electrically adjustable.

Electrical adjustment as a aftermarket upgrade also requires the console switches & motor driving assemblies to be fixed and could me more involved.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:56   #5
Team-BHP Support

@path_finder, I was suggesting get Electric ORVMs first, and then attach these covers, as getting electronically adjustible ORVMs with indicator built in may not be easily available
Old 9th November 2008, 11:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
@path_finder, I was suggesting get Electric ORVMs first, and then attach these covers, as getting electronically adjustible ORVMs with indicator built in may not be easily available
OK - got it, these are only covers that go on top on existing OVRMs.

Do they come in different types that fit in other cars too? I guess these will be black - body color means you have to visit the paint shop also?
Old 9th November 2008, 12:07   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
GD is looking at ELECTRICALLY adjustable OVRM with indicators!

Tejas@, I doubt is the Old Santro had electrically adjustable types.
I was just adding to the indicator post of tsk, since he hadn't mentioned adjustable mirrors. Use the santro one's mechanism and the karol baug one's cover.
Old santro's didn't have OEM adjustable mirrors but lot of aftermarket ones are easily available. I have them in my old santro.
Old 9th November 2008, 12:57   #8
BHPian

Wont it look weired?

DealExtreme: $8.50 Side Mirror Mount 9-LED 0.58W Turning Signal Yellow Lights for Cars (12V DC)
Old 9th November 2008, 13:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys!

I know that we get covers with LED indicators for majority of the models available in India. I am looking for a pair for my Swift. Ive seen many but they are not LEDs and look pretty cheap. They mainly come in chrome but i am planning to get them body coloured anyway. However, does anyone know if electrically operated ones are also available for the Swift?

Epic
Old 9th November 2008, 13:05   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
Wont it look weired?
No baba! Then why would i suggest it?
My friend should be back from tour in another ten days. I'll post pics of his OVRMS then.
Old 9th November 2008, 16:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

@ibm_jennifer:

In one of your posts in another thread, you had mentioned about Enginetech, I think, a company that makes OEM and other door mirrors.

I don't have the contact details, but I have bought aftermarket remote door mirrors as well as electrically adjustable mirrors for a Maruti 800.

If you have the contact details, maybe gd1418 could source these (if avaiable) from them.
Old 9th November 2008, 19:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, that I know and my Scorp has already has that for the last 2 years. You can see that in the attached image.

Electrically Adjustable Side-View Mirrors-night-view.jpg

What I'm interested is one that can be adjusted from inside electrically and also have indicators. BTW, not having indicators on OVRMs is not a big deal with me. Actually it is a pain to adjust manually the ORVMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Hi GD, In Karol bagh I saw "covers" with in built indicators for SUV side mirrors.
They cost 400rs/pair.
They are available in all shapes, and you can attach them to any SUV. After fitment it appears as if your side mirror has the indicator built in
The 400 ones that TSK has mentioned are only covers and do not have mirrors in them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Tsk, same with Karol Bagh covers – the Rs 400 ones might have indicators, but may not be electrically adjustable.
Hi Tejas, I shall waith for the pics, as they would give me an idea as to how they look after installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
A friend of mine attached santro ones to the scorpio. You can't install safari ones cause they fit next to the glass and don't have a stalk. The santro ones are a stalk type and fit like the scorpio installation. They should cost 1250 bucks.
I'm talking about the old santro mirrors, the long ones, not the new small ones which will look weird.
I'll try to get pics if possible.
These are stick ons and would certainly look tacky and weird

Quote:

Last edited by gd1418 : 9th November 2008 at 19:13.
Old 9th November 2008, 23:37   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

@ibm_jennifer:

In one of your posts in another thread, you had mentioned about Enginetech, I think, a company that makes OEM and other door mirrors.

I don't have the contact details, but I have bought aftermarket remote door mirrors as well as electrically adjustable mirrors for a Maruti 800.

If you have the contact details, maybe gd1418 could source these (if avaiable) from them.

EngineTech is the OEM makers for Safari and they are currently not producing any Mirrors with side indicators: :: Leading Auto Component Manufacturer in India and Leading Automotive Cooler Manufacturer in India

Quote:
Hi Tejas, I shall waith for the pics, as they would give me an idea as to how they look after installation.
NO Need, Just check this Safari which has a Cover based indicator mirror: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1045862-post566.html

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 9th November 2008 at 23:39.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi ibm_jennifer,

> EngineTech is the OEM makers for Safari and they are currently not producing > any Mirrors with side indicators:

Thanks for the link. There are images of mirrors with indicators in their site.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

I just spoke to one Mr. Pawar fo EngineTech who handles the ORVM/RVM department. He said that they don't manufacture for Scorpio at all.

And as far as the Cover based indicator mirrors of Safari are concerend, I've seen dime a dozen in Delhi/NCR.

Quote:
EngineTech is the OEM makers for Safari and they are currently not producing any Mirrors with side indicators:

NO Need, Just check this Safari which has a Cover based indicator mirror: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1045862-post566.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks