Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2005, 14:00   #1
BHPian

Leather Seat Covers for Petra -help with care tips

Hi Guys, just got genuine Fiat leather seat covers for my Petra, please help with tips to take care of these and also suggest if some treatment is available for leather seat covers to protect them in Summer/Rains. I am located in Mumbai (Dont ask me why I went in for leather covers in Mumbai!)
Thanks-Rishi
Old 5th April 2005, 14:27   #2
BHPian

did you get it from dealer. costs ?? post some pics.. Need to put on a palio. Thanks.
Old 5th April 2005, 16:05   #3
BHPian

Hi Rishi,

There is a chamoise (i hope the spelling is right), which is nothing but a leather sort of cloth which is available from Stanley, which you can use to wipe your leather with every week (depending on usage). There is also a leather cleaning solution from Stanley, which you are supposed to mix with water and wipe the seats with every couple of weeks.

The combo of chamoise and liquid costs about 800 Rs.

Rishi, the seats you put is this leather from Fiat or from Stanley? What color is your car, and what color are the seats? Is it full leather or leather PU combo? how much did it cost?

I got Silver grey 'Ready to Fit' seats from Stanley a month back for my black petra. Set me back by 12k including installation. Its got perforated leather in 80-90% of the contact area and PU in the remaining areas. Incidentally, in this ready to fit thingey, there are 2 kinds of fits possible, a "ready to fit" fit which takes 2 hours an OE fit which takes about 6 hours. Huge difference in the final finish. That extra 4 hours is worth spending, so I found out ;-)

I also got door trims (PU) and steering cover (leather) from stanley for 1.75k.

The best thing about leather is that I dont get static shocks anymore and the interiors of the Petra look SO MUCH better now! And the leather contact area is VERY comfortable. The 10-20% PU contact surface tends to overheat though....

On a completely different note, is your Petra Petrol or Diesel?

Regards,
Rahul
Old 5th April 2005, 16:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
Hi Guys, just got genuine Fiat leather seat covers for my Petra.
Cost? Brand? details plz...
Old 5th April 2005, 18:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulmd
Hi Rishi,

I got Silver grey 'Ready to Fit' seats from Stanley a month back for my black petra. Set me back by 12k including installation. Its got perforated leather in 80-90% of the contact area and PU in the remaining areas. Incidentally, in this ready to fit thingey, there are 2 kinds of fits possible, a "ready to fit" fit which takes 2 hours an OE fit which takes about 6 hours. Huge difference in the final finish. That extra 4 hours is worth spending, so I found out ;-)

can I see the pics rahul if you dont mind. I need to get for my palio. please!!!!!!!!
Old 5th April 2005, 18:38   #6
BHPian

Vulken, Will post pics in a day or two.
Old 6th April 2005, 13:20   #7
BHPian

I got it from FIAT. Cost about 17K (fitting 1K extra, as these are fixed type). Only negative side is that they are black, beige not available. I saw readymades for Palio from Stanley (on a friend's car in Delhi), and they are good too, perforated leather and within 15K including fitting.
Old 6th April 2005, 13:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rishi,

There is a chamoise (i hope the spelling is right), which is nothing but a leather sort of cloth which is available from Stanley, which you can use to wipe your leather with every week (depending on usage). There is also a leather cleaning solution from Stanley, which you are supposed to mix with water and wipe the seats with every couple of weeks.

The combo of chamoise and liquid costs about 800 Rs.

Rishi, the seats you put is this leather from Fiat or from Stanley? What color is your car, and what color are the seats? Is it full leather or leather PU combo? how much did it cost?

The best thing about leather is that I dont get static shocks anymore and the interiors of the Petra look SO MUCH better now! And the leather contact area is VERY comfortable. The 10-20% PU contact surface tends to overheat though....

On a completely different note, is your Petra Petrol or Diesel?

Regards,
Rahul
Hi Rahul, These are full leather FIAT Genuine Italian leather seat covers(fixed type, non perforated!) but quality is fantastic, I paid 17K for covers and additional for OEM fitting (took almost 2 days to fit). My Petra's color is Silver grey and the seat covers are black.

My Petra is Petrol. I already have chamois for washing car but I guess it would be worthwhile to spend on Stanley combo. I too would be interested in installing door trims, please post some photos of these and cost also (you mentioned 1.75K, you mean 1750 or 1,75,000! please clarify).

I am located in Mumbai, so if you can give me contact number of Stanley in Mumbai from where I could get door trims and steering cover installed.

Thanks again.
Old 6th April 2005, 21:04   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Rishi,
there is a turtle wax leather polish for 270 bucks.
Try it.
Old 7th April 2005, 19:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey Rishi,
there is a turtle wax leather polish for 270 bucks.
Try it.
Thanks for the info, where can I buy this? I am from Mumbai, do you have any ontact number etc?
Old 10th April 2005, 05:17   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Vulken, Will post pics in a day or two.
rahul where are my pics???and rishi if possible can you post some pics.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 10th April 2005 at 05:22.
Old 12th April 2005, 12:32   #12
BHPian

there you go with the pics....

pic of seat

pic of steering and door trim

yet yanother pic of steering and dash

btw, the seat and the door trims are of the same color. its a silver grey. (im not sure how to use the auto white balancing on my wifey's digicam. im more a manual slr guy. of course the pics from that will take a good month or two to finds its way to the web ;-))
Old 18th April 2005, 19:24   #13
BHPian

Quote:
there you go with the pics....

pic of seat

pic of steering and door trim

yet yanother pic of steering and dash

btw, the seat and the door trims are of the same color. its a silver grey. (im not sure how to use the auto white balancing on my wifey's digicam. im more a manual slr guy. of course the pics from that will take a good month or two to finds its way to the web ;-))

Thanks Dude. What was the cost of only door trims and console trims? Are u from Mumbai? Do u have this place's tel number?

Thanks again-Rishi
Old 19th April 2005, 14:51   #14
BHPian

The door trims (in PU) and the steering cover (in leather) cost Rs 1,750/-

Im from Bangalore and got it done at Stanley Seating's setup, in Shamarao Compound on Mission Road. You could check out with their dealer in Mumbai.

on their site, <http://www.stanleyseating.com/> , they have given the following contact for Mumbai <Bhavi 26187711,26115843>

Below, is what they have to say about leather care:

The delicate finish of leather upholstery can be damaged by exposure to extreme temperatures and conditions. Leather must be handled with care, and kept away from abrasive materials and hot objects.
Regular cleaning gets the dirt out from the natural pores and crevices on the surface, thereby also increasing the life of leather.

<DOs>
> For regular cleaning (preferably once a week), you can use a vacuum cleaner and then a damp cloth to wipe.
> For thorough cleaning, you can use a soft cloth soaked in mild soapsuds - but never use detergent. Wipe the surface lightly, in a circular motion. Repeat with clean water.
> Clean the leather surface occasionally using a leather cleaner - preferably once a month. Do not rub! Sponge gently until all grime and stains are absorbed.
> A leather conditioner should be used once a month to restore natural oils and keep the surface soft and supple. Leather conditioners are best applied when the leather is warm, for the pores of the leather to absorb the solution.
> Leather of lighter shades needs a little more care and attention - to avoid discoloration.
> For butter, oil or greasy stains, wipe the leather with a clean, dry cloth and leave it alone. The spot should dissipate into the leather in a short while.
> Protect leather from direct sunlight, and make sure that it stands at least 20-30 cm away from any heat source.
> Use only guaranteed cleanser products. Common cleaning materials and chemicals can cause severe damage. We recommend Stanley products.

<DON'Ts>
> Do not use saddle soaps, oils, abrasive cleaners, soaps, furniture polish, varnish or ammonia based products.
> Do not soak leather, or use water to try and wash a butter, oil or grease spot.
> Do not use a solvent-based conditioner because it will accelerate the aging and thread deterioration of the leather upholstery.
> Do not rub, light circular motions will do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks