Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2005, 17:25   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
sideways,

wow ,

and what tires to keep this beast under control.
and can the lancer chassis handle this increased power and the trque to go with it????
Thanx Satya,

Using GIII potenza's for the moment but thinking of upgrading to 17 inch Dunlops. Lets see.

As far as the chasis is concerned, no problems for the moment. You need to remember that the chasis we use are the same as the EVO 4,5 and 6. They are built to handle power in excess of 275 BHP.

Cheers.
Old 8th April 2005, 17:35   #32
BANNED

Dude, great going ... but when do v get to see the pics ??? Also post us a detailed expense sheet .. half of us will start calculating the cost per bhp or something crazy and whacky like that . Also who is working on ur car in chennai ??

cheers

P.S -- w2ud luv to see a video of a burnout ...
Old 8th April 2005, 18:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Dude, great going ... but when do v get to see the pics ??? Also post us a detailed expense sheet .. half of us will start calculating the cost per bhp or something crazy and whacky like that . Also who is working on ur car in chennai ??

cheers

P.S -- w2ud luv to see a video of a burnout ...
Pics will be up on Sunday my friend. I will also make a detailed costing sheet and post it. As far as burnouts are concerned, well this gearbox has a LSD - Limited Slip Differential, which basically means lesser wheel spin and no burn outs - sorry about that.

The engine, suspension,electrnics, etc. transplant was done in Electra automotive by Krupesh Patel.

The car runs best with 100 octane gas. Planning on making some of Dom's brew and testing this weekend.

Cheers.
Old 8th April 2005, 18:22   #34
BANNED

Sorry, I didnt read the LSD part ... !!! Well anyways this is gonna b one hell of a ride that ull have .. drool drool ...

will be looking fwd to the pics

cheers
Old 19th April 2005, 01:41   #35
BHPian

Mitsubishi Lancer - MIVEC

Ok here are the pics. Hope I have done this right.

Cheers,

Sideways.
Sideways is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2005, 01:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Greetings Sideways, aweomse car that is, although im not in favor of the evo design front bumper, but with your engine swap in there everything else is kinda blurred True droolmachine!

Cheers~
Arush
Old 19th April 2005, 02:03   #37
BHPian

sweet ride mr. sideways.
just add a rugged spoiler & will look killer.
Old 19th April 2005, 02:04   #38
BHPian

Hi Arush,

Thanx. With your kits i am sure my car looks very ordinary. The front bumper is an original ABS plastic evo IV kit imported directly from Japan. I also have the rear wing, but makes the car look loud. I had to use this bumper when I was running the turbo, cause the intercooler will not fit otherwise. I am running 205 / 40 R17. Wanted to know if it possible to change to 215 with out any problem or modification.

Thanx.
Old 19th April 2005, 02:11   #39
BANNED

cars looking good man. there is a lancer with 215 around my area. not too sure about the mods done or not to fit them
Old 19th April 2005, 02:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Heya. no worries on the front bumper mate, it looks just fine with ur car
215/40/R17 should go in without a problem i fitted one of those before, although u might have to tighten up the fender linings a little just incase they sag and scrub a bit, id suggest u fit one and check first, we have even fitted 225/50/R15 in stock configuration so i guess youd be safe.

Btw im doing up an evo VI replica hood for a friend of mine in metal, u want me to make a fiberglass copy for you?

Last edited by autopsyche : 19th April 2005 at 02:16.
Old 19th April 2005, 02:14   #41
BHPian

Picture description: - In order of the pictures

Pic 1 - Rear View. DTM style twin pipe exhaust. OWS rules. Serious gains in power.
Pic 2 - Entertainment - V12 alpines running twin 12 inch subs kenwood 7 x 10 ovals and components for the front. 1.5 Farad capacitor and distribtion block between the 2 amps.
Pic 3 - Battery relocated to the boot.
Pic 4 - Yes those are 17 inch wheels. 205 / 40 / R17 Dunlop P 9000 tyres.
Pic 5 - Command Centre with necessary gauges. From left to right - Wdie band AFR, Exhaust Gas temperature, Fuel pressure (Electronic, so no fuel comes into passenger compartment), Boost gauge - to be replaced by oil pressure. SAFC piggy back computer (with the blue screed) in front of the gear lever.
Pic 6 - Power plant - details of which I have already posted before.

Engine and gearbox: -

Ok the mivec engine in my car is the 1600 CC 16 valve DOHC 4 cylinder putting out stock power of 175 bhp. 0-100 comes up in 6.8 secs. RPM is redlined at 8300 rpm. Basically cams have 2 profiles. Higher lift of valves is done by the second profile after 6400 rpm. S a safety feature the ECU restricts engine RPM to 6200 when engine is cold. Need to let her warm up before you can push to high revs.

Gearbox is equipped with LSD which greatly reduces understeer and cornering is great fun.

I get about 12 km per litre if I drive decently. driveability is excellent. You can cruise at 60 km on 5th gear with the tach at 2000 rpm. no jerking or knocking from the engine.

Brakes are excellent. You have to upgrade to minimum 15 inch rims cause the disc brakes and callipers will not fit on any thing lesser. Top speed is in excess of 250 kmph but has been limited to 180 electronically.

Recomended ocyane rating for petrol to be used for this engine is 100. Will need to try Dominic's brew and see if there is any improvement in power. Timing is automatically adjusted and there is no distributor.
Sideways is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2005, 05:44   #42
BHPian

wow man ur lancer is a true killer!
Old 19th April 2005, 16:12   #43
BHPian

That engine err heart transplant looks awesome man, you car loooks cool with not much show off outside but it sure is a monster inside.. way to go..i have seen the pics you have posted some 5 times already and i want to see it more.. and more.. i wish i could get a decent mod like yours on my ikon 1.6 :( how much did the enitre project cost you and where did you get it done?
Enjoy the ride buddy
Old 19th April 2005, 16:41   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sideways!!

You have pulled of an absolute stunner. Man, its drool time over the pictures, especially the Lancers second last. Gotta love those alloy wheels.

What i find truly amazing is the cleanliness of the work in the engine bay. It looks as high quality as a stock car! And seeing the other car that you have worked on (white EVO which blasted the SpeedRun with fastest time), I have absolutely no doubt on this machines performance.

You have taste, my friend.

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2005, 16:42   #45
BHPian

Thanx Shazikon. I picked up the car brand new 4 years back. With out cost of the car entire project works to between 4 to 5 lakhs. This includes duties freight installation etc.

Hey Arush, need a evo IV bonnet in fibre if possible not Evo VI. The Evo VI bonnet will not sit properly cause the headlights and top part of the bumper are different.

Compare a the bonnet of a Lancer with the clear headlamps and the bonnet that I have and you will see the difference.

If you can do it let me know. i will be interested.

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks