Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2006, 22:44   #91
BHPian

sideways: did you have to modify the suspension, to get those 17"ers on? And also how is the ride quality? Your tyres looks like a 40 profile rubber.
Old 28th July 2006, 12:05   #92
BHPian

Hey sideways... good show dude! Keeping its speed capabilities aside, what brings a smile to my face is that your frankenstein actually returns you an avg. of 12kmpl!

P.S. Why do you have an extra pedal? You got a flame thrower installed too, that you did'nt tell us about?

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 28th July 2006, 14:12   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
P.S. Why do you have an extra pedal? You got a flame thrower installed too, that you did'nt tell us about?

Godspeed,

Alok
that is actually a foot rest not an extra pedal...... to rest your foot which changes the clutch ...
Old 28th July 2006, 14:16   #94
BHPian

@ harmon Bro - Front and rear suspension - i.e. lower arms, ends etc etc are all part of the package. Tyres are 40 profile. on good roads ride is perfect, but cant say the same when the roads are bad. You cannot drive this car with these tyres on an everyday basis. And since this is a spare car i use it only in the weekends or a late night drive for a little fun.

@ ghostrider4385 - that exra pedal gives me an extra 100 bhp when slammed down - LOL. Just joking buddy, thats a dead pedal next to the clutch pedal. And no I dont have a flame thrower installed. you must have my car confused with someone elses. To get that 12kmpl, you need to be soooooo careful with the throttle, which is verryyyyyy difficult. Mostly end u getting 9 or 10 on an average.
Sideways is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2006, 14:42   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways

@ ghostrider4385 - that exra pedal gives me an extra 100 bhp when slammed down - LOL. Just joking buddy, thats a dead pedal next to the clutch pedal. And no I dont have a flame thrower installed. you must have my car confused with someone elses. To get that 12kmpl, you need to be soooooo careful with the throttle, which is verryyyyyy difficult. Mostly end u getting 9 or 10 on an average.
Haha... that was a nice one! And no no, I didn't get your car confused with someone elses... the flame thrower comment was a joke too.

9 or 10 is pretty darn decent too! Any chance of you adopting me and gifting me the car on my birthday?

Godspeed,

Alok
ghostrider4385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2006, 14:47   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
9 or 10 is pretty darn decent too! Any chance of you adopting me and gifting me the car on my birthday?

Godspeed,

Alok
Sure, why not. Just let me know in advance so that i can have her gift wrapped for you.
Old 28th July 2006, 16:43   #97
BHPian

Wonderful work sideways! Your car will smoke any RS any day of the week. It looks so neat and 9-10kmpl is real amazing.
Old 5th August 2006, 22:39   #98
BHPian

Hey Sideways,

Saw you take a U turn at the Kodambakkam signal in the evening, I was right behind you after some cars. Got a glimpse of the car through the dividers and heard the sweet sound of the exhaust for a couple of seconds. Thought I chase you but dint have the patience to drive back around the same traffic.

I have a Lancer and planning to get a free flow. Which muffler and free flow kit are you using? and how much. I called up Speedworks in Chennai and he has Magnaflow with him and quoted 6k and above, did not give me specifications of it though. Will check it out next weekend.

I know little about freeflow exhaust, I would like to know if I have to change entire pipe from the manifold to get better performance out of the muffler that buy? and how much will to cost me to get the whole thing? And also will the freeflow kit reduce the mileage of the car?

Last edited by harmon_bro : 5th August 2006 at 22:42.
harmon_bro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2006, 14:13   #99
BHPian

Quote:
freeflow kit reduce the mileage of the car
No it really wont. Its just that when you drive a car with free flow you tend to floor it more to hear the noise and hence you might get lesser average.
Old 6th August 2006, 14:18   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b
No it really wont. Its just that when you drive a car with free flow you tend to floor it more to hear the noise and hence you might get lesser average.
we should probably have the muffler tunned for higher note at moderate throttle... What do you think?
Old 7th June 2008, 07:21   #101
Team-BHP Support

Met the beast last night. Farhan picked me up and we went for dinner. Even in normal traffic, it was perfectly stable, no histrionics unlike most other tuned cars. The car is immaculate. On a free stretch, he floored it and the car just took off, no seat of the pants feeling unlike the Honda.

After dinner, Viddy and I were taken for a blast on airport road to Marathahalli. This time, he made it bellow. Beauty of the car, it sounds so docile at low speeds that the alco-check police, looked at the car and let it through. Brakes are effective and one never felt over the top. Under the hood, it looks like a stock high performance car. Not a single wire out of place

Only problem - well Farhan is married to the car so he is not open to offers which he cannot refuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post

Dont know how many of you have been able to rev a car to 8300 RPM. Trust me, it;s better than sex.
A good reason for the happy marriage

Last edited by ajmat : 7th June 2008 at 07:25.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2008, 10:29   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. so after a long time the thread is revived. Farhan Ji please post few pics of the same.

Sorry for my stupid question but is there any ICE setup there in the car ?
Old 7th June 2008, 11:13   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmm.. so after a long time the thread is revived. Farhan Ji please post few pics of the same.

Sorry for my stupid question but is there any ICE setup there in the car ?
Oh boy, there is and it is awesome. The old man put too many in me so my memory power is constrained
Old 7th June 2008, 11:29   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Oh boy, there is and it is awesome. The old man put too many in me so my memory power is constrained
Ohh...so I think I have to call him then. He was referring to DLS Iridium some time ago.

Farhan Ji kaha ho...
Old 7th June 2008, 11:52   #105
BHPian

Wow, what an evening. We met up at Indijoe's. Ajmat, Rudra, Psycho, Jaggu, Vikram, Vidyut, Vishnu and Amit (Iceman). Akshay (V1P3R) dropped in to say hello.

Great evening, with conversation revolving around cars (no surprises here), mobile phones, laptops and miscellaneous stuff.

Thank you very much, I had a great time and look forward to having you all in Madras. I promise to organise a track day in the near future.

Went for a short fast drive after dinner and got back home.

Ps: - Had the good fortune to finally see Rudy's ambi. What a piece of machinary, truly awesome. Sir, I salute you.

Last edited by Sideways : 7th June 2008 at 12:01.
Sideways is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed