Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2018, 18:16   #601

Re: How does your car smell

Got a new Cair purifier for my car. It's now on Amazon - ordered the silver one and got it in 3-days.

My friends smoke in the car - and this just gets rid of all that smell!

I think its cheaper than WhiteLeaf - the medium size is 450 and the small is 250. I have the small in the Santro and the medium in my EcoSport - works brilliantly!!!
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:31   #602
BHPian

All my cars smell neutral after I started using activated charcoal bags. The bags did a good job even when i used to smoke in the car ( I have given it up now ). I got a few from the US but the same are available locally in India. I tried every single car perfume in India and in US starting from 200/- to 3000/- , none of them met my expectations

Links for the activated charcoal bags in India : https://www.amazon.in/dp/B004BOHV7Q/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_45bKAb4HH8CCN

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0099K6OVQ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_5-bKAbBEN5P1D

I use the bigger ones in the XC90, Vogue and smaller one in Figo and 5 series. I also use coffee beans when yearly harvest comes from my estate.

Last edited by mjumrani : 23rd February 2018 at 19:43. Reason: Typo.
mjumrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:58   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
All my cars smell neutral after I started using activated charcoal bags. The bags did a good job even when i used to smoke in the car ( I have given it up now ). I got a few from the US but the same are available locally in India. I tried every single car perfume in India and in US starting from 200/- to 3000/- , none of them met my expectations
Moso was too expensive compared to Cair - also, I figured that the shape is such that you have to either lay it down on the dash or place it in a cup-holder. With the bigger one, you can hang it but its still not a 360-degree input and output of air, if you know what I mean.

I used Cair (small tin) once, and it got rid of smoke really well. I am sure Moso also does that but Cair's cheaper and slightly better looking when it sits on that dashboard.

I put the mid-sized one on the back-tray of the Ecosport. No complaints since!
Old 28th February 2018, 14:59   #604
BHPian

I too had this dilemma to go with all those chemical aromatic stuff or not. And then I figured its better to just purify the cabin and let it be as it is supposed to.

After not having much luck with the Activated Charcoal Bags since I did not have any mechanism to act as air scrubber, I zeroed on two items:

1. Get the Activate Charcoal Air Filter from Bosch.
2. Eureka Forbes Car Cabin Air Filter.

Bosch filter was unheard of by even their own representatives and not available in all outlets. So settled for the Eureka Forbes.

Been using it for last 2 years and had been working good (touchwood). I really don't need it, but during rainy season it helps me get that mildew smell.
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:04   #605
BHPian

Have tried from My Shaldan to Poppy to Aer to Ambi Pur. But nothing has given a fresh feel when entering the car.

Are the products now available gone down with the fragrance/quality or its the round of duplicates?
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:27   #606
Senior - BHPian

I stopped using all these and now a days keep crytal salt (in an open container) in one of the cup holder. It helps absorbs moisture. Earlier I was using My Shaldon Orange.
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:35   #607
Team-BHP Support

^Have been using My shaldan for past 7-8 years and I continue to use it. Lasts for ~3 months.
Old 8th March 2018, 14:57   #608
BHPian

I am a big fan of perfumes and I love my car smelling in the right way. I use various products. Recently I had been to Austria and on a petrol pump shoppee, I saw some car perfumed is cards. I took 12 in different variaty of aromas. Got 2 free! They are really nice and don’t make you irritated like some available in our market.
Beside this I also use aeron ken in ‘coffee’ varaint. This is so refreshing and it actually smells like a fresh hot coffee.

Attached Thumbnails
How does your car smell-7a022a9df5c54564ae396fcaa629345b.jpeg  

Old 12th March 2018, 00:43   #609
BHPian

Just wondering, can i sprinkle chunks of activated carbon pieces on my cabin paper element filter ?

The thought process is to increase the flow of air (recirculation mode) over the surface of coal & then through the filter to act as air scrubber ?

Will charcoal get pulverised to powder form over extended period of usage in vibration filled vehicle cabin ?
Old 30th April 2018, 12:22   #610
BHPian

I have used many perfumes so far. Ami pur, Aer, glade etc. From the beginning I am looking for a perfume which will give smell of new car. Even I got one, from glade, but it was nowhere close to the new car smell. Can anyone provide any lead in this regard? New car smell..

The glade I bought was somthing like this:-
How does your car smell-new-car-auto-sport.jpg
Old 6th May 2018, 13:26   #611
BHPian

I have tried every product available in India and few that I managed to smuggle from the US. None of the fresheners really work after 7-10days. The Gels last a bit more. I have noticed the effect of the freshener is better in ac than with just the blower.

The best solution I have found till now is Godrej Aer pockets, it's pretty strong initially, but after a week it's just perfect. May be I should hang it in my restroom for a week and "run it in" before I hang it in the car. My friends hate the strong perfume, but it's better than a smelly car.
anand.shankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 13:36   #612

People generally say that my car smells good, even though I do not use any car perfume. So I just avoid using anything extra. Less chemicals in the already toxic air of Delhi.
SMWLN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 12:57   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Let's see how that goes!
How was it, Sir?

I am sick of using different car perfumes. I read many reviews of Charcoal based Air Purifier. All of them sound promising. I am thinking to buy Dr Charcoal Non-Electric Air Purifier. Anyone of us used this product?
How does your car smell-200gclassicneelfront_720x.jpg

Image Source and Product's website.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 13:43   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
I am sick of using different car perfumes. I read many reviews of Charcoal based Air Purifier. All of them sound promising. I am thinking to buy Dr Charcoal Non-Electric Air Purifier. Anyone of us used this product?
Hey SJM1214,

I got the medium version of the same product and boy I was surprised with its capabilities. It worked 100% for me in my XUV500. I keep it near the third row pocket so that it's out of sight.
It surely keeps the car odor free and about the dehumidifying effect I only realised during the monsoons. Where as soon as I used get off the car I could feel the difference. I am using this product since March 2018 and I usually keep it out in sunlight for a good 8 hours, once a month. This gets it going as new again. That's how the charcoal has to be reactivated. I guess the life of this product 2 years but I am not sure. You can go ahead with the purchase and you won't be disappointed.
I have reviewed the same on Amazon.in under the user name Sahil Anand.
Name:  Dr. Charcoal.png
Views: 4610
Size:  363.6 KB

Disclaimer - I am in no way related to the product or the company.

Last edited by OverKill : 1st November 2018 at 13:47.
OverKill is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 14:17   #615
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
I
The best solution I have found till now is Godrej Aer pockets, it's pretty strong initially, but after a week it's just perfect. May be I should hang it in my restroom for a week and "run it in" before I hang it in the car. My friends hate the strong perfume, but it's better than a smelly car.
I used to use MyShaldan Lime or Orange fragrance gel tins. They were quite nice.
But around a year or so ago, we discovered these Godrej Aer Packets and now I just hang one up in the back of the Yeti, on the rear middle seat belt Buckle, because the rear middle seat belt actually retracts into the roof of the car and sits there.
I find these aer packets especially the yellow lemon one, to be perfectly nice and fresh and the car does smell nice. And yes, it is quite strong and lasts for around 2 months, which suits me fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks