Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2020, 16:15   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: How does your car smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgritesh View Post
Do you park your car under sun? My car is mostly parked in shade. I think that's where the problem starts from. Cars parked in shade tend to accumulate moisture and thus the foul smell. Whenever I park my car in sun I don't have any problems.

Based on various reviews on this forum I also bought Dr. CHARCOAL but in vain .

My car is parked in shade always. I have stilt parking in my society.

Use large Dr.Charcoal pouch in your car. I'm using the 500gm. pouch. You can also keep the pouch in sunlight for a few hours to recharge the charcoal. It could be that the pouch you received is from an older stock. So get it recharged.

For the initial odour, get your AC serviced from a good service centre in front of your eyes and not at your company service center. You can also try a proper interior germ clean service from 3M or any other reputed centre near your house. After all the odour has gone, the Dr.Charcoal will definitely help in maintain the neutral odour of your car.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 6th February 2020 at 16:20.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 16:17   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
For the initial odour, get your AC serviced from a good service centre in front of your eyes and not at your company service center.
Went to 3M yesterday and got the AC vent treatment done for 1300 and felt cheated after verifying the fact that the spray bottle used by the mechanic was MRP 463/-

Store owner mentioned that this should last for 11 months.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong while using car AC, as this problem keeps coming in different car's that I have owned, mostly after monsoon.

My office run is about 8 KM and i try to switch off the AC at least for last mile to avoid accumulation of moisture.

I am not sure if even modern car AC should require cleaning this frequently, my car is only 6 months old
Old 11th February 2020, 19:38   #648
BHPian

In my car, I have been using Bhimsen Kapur (camphor) which are also known as the edible version of Kapur. These are in the form of irregular shaped crystals unlike the usual pill shaped camphor. Place couple of crystals in each of the side blowers, makes the car smell fresh and takes care of mold formation. I also place the crystals between clothes in the wardrobe, again it takes care of mold formation especially during humid weather and clothes smell fresh. Bhimsen Kapur can be bought at pooja stores. These are expensive compared to the regular pill shaped camphor. Hope the information is useful. Cheers
donabrh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 17:25   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I like this Made in India idea as my favorite, "My Shaldan", is pretty much 99% fake.

Have you tried any other scents?
Yes I have tried Involve's other range. At present, I am using Citron Gel. I am a fan of product's that offer good value for money. They have other fragrances also. I have been shuffling to check which one suits me best and trying one by one.
Attached Thumbnails
How does your car smell-img_20200314_162819.jpg  

Old 16th March 2020, 23:02   #650
Senior - BHPian

The New car smell air freshener from Miniso is also quite nice. 150 for gel beads in a net pouch and 350 for gel can
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 06:10   #651
BHPian

Hello Guys,

This is a little off topic, but I’ll shoot it anyway. I recently got a used vehicle from a friend of mine and the fragrance he had in the car is mind blowing! I asked him the name but he has no clue where he got it from not does he know the name. It does not have any label either. I tried googling it, but that had me left with no results. I’m attaching a picture, does anyone know what’s the name/brand ? Any leads would be highly appreciated!

Cheers & stay safe

Saadat 😄
Attached Thumbnails
How does your car smell-e82195351cd34557b5905e8e0207eba6.jpeg  

Old 3rd June 2020, 10:17   #652
BHPian

Which car air freshners in India are the best as per fellow BHPians ?
Old 3rd June 2020, 10:27   #653
BHPian

My Sx4 smells like nothing. People usually sit and the car and say there is no odor or any specific smell. It's because we don't use any sort of perfume. The car is always parked under a shed. In conclusion the car blends with the atmosphere if that makes sense.
Whereas the Seltos always manages to smell like an ocean (propably due to the air purifier perfume) and it's not too strong to kill you. What kind of a person am I? I never use perfumes or deodorants. I like to smell like nothing in particular. I just like myself clean and simple. So are my car interiors are always clean and sparkling.

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 3rd June 2020 at 10:30.
Old 4th June 2020, 01:06   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Hello Guys,

This is a little off topic, but I’ll shoot it anyway. I recently got a used vehicle from a friend of mine and the fragrance he had in the car is mind blowing! I asked him the name but he has no clue where he got it from not does he know the name. It does not have any label either. I tried googling it, but that had me left with no results. I’m attaching a picture, does anyone know what’s the name/brand ? Any leads would be highly appreciated!

Cheers & stay safe

Saadat 😄
That's definitely an Air Wick essential oil air freshener. Possibly blackberry fig
Mortis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 11:08   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Which car air freshners in India are the best as per fellow BHPians ?
Any suggestions regarding this?
Old 4th June 2020, 12:00   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Any suggestions regarding this?
I use the Godrej Aer car fresheners and find them to be pretty nice smelling. They also have a wide range of flavours/smells to choose from. Easily available on Amazon or sometimes even at the local supermarket in your city. You can give these a shot. Do note that they do not last beyond a couple of weeks. After that the smell becomes noticeably weaker.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 4th June 2020 at 12:08.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 16:42   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
That's definitely an Air Wick essential oil air freshener. Possibly blackberry fig
Damn! Thank you so much! I’ve been breaking my head over it for almost a month 😂

Unfortunately, from my quick search it looks like it is primarily sold in the UK and it is not sold in the US. Maybe I’ll have to make do with what’s available here.

Thank you once again 😁

Cheers,
Saadat
Old 4th June 2020, 16:48   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Damn! Thank you so much! I’ve been breaking my head over it for almost a month 😂

Unfortunately, from my quick search it looks like it is primarily sold in the UK and it is not sold in the US. Maybe I’ll have to make do with what’s available here.

Thank you once again 😁

Cheers,
Saadat
It might also be sold in Singapore if I'm not mistaken. I only recognised it because I had got one some time ago. A blue one which did smell nice.
You've got me curious on this one though. There are two red colour ones. Blackberry and red berries. Could be either one
Old 10th June 2020, 23:04   #659
BHPian

Hey Guys,
This is about a smelly problem actually. I didn't find any other relevant threads. So here it goes:
Amid the COVID19 lockdown, to minimize the trips to the grocery store, I did buy a few extra things- nothing to the tune of hoarding though.
And since I wasn't comfortable taking the items to the flat immediately, thanks to corona scare, I left a lot of shopping in the car trunk. This also contained two 5 litre cans of safola oil.
It stayed there for a fortnight and now the car is left with that typical vegetable oil smell. The cans were all sealed and wrapped in packaging, still the odour.

How to get rid of this?
Rodie09 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 18:33   #660
BHPian

I was not feeling comfortable in my new car because of that "New Car Smell". Some people like it but it made me feel dizzy. Here are the things I did to get rid of that smell, and the result is amazing.

Gassing out the car (parking it in direct sunlight with windows slightly open)- This done helps.
Putting baking soda in a tray and placing it under passenger seat - Not sure about the efficacy.
Now the best part - I love the coffee smell. So I put Davidoff Expresso crushed beans coffee in a breathable perforated pouch and placed it inside my car. Not only my car smells like Barista now (Okay, I may be exaggerating) but all the unpleasant smell is gone now. I am loving it.
Attached Thumbnails
How does your car smell-20201004_171622.jpg  

How does your car smell-20201004_171628.jpg  

amandeepkamboj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks