Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2020, 12:14   #661
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: How does your car smell

I have been using Yankee Candle for sometime now. Had picked up few many years back. Not harsh like other air fresheners but was expensive for it's size.

How does your car smell-20201012_090251.jpg

Few months back, I picked up Dr Charcoal. Although I didn't find any difference initially, I recharged it and now it's got a neutral smell. Even with the air freshener, the charcoal is doing it's job. Not very effective, but it works.

How does your car smell-20201012_090309.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 21:33   #662
BHPian

Need a help from you all:

Two years back I bought a 'Shell Little Joe - Vanilla (Yellow)' air freshener from a Shell Outlet in OMR, Chennai. Within a few days, this air freshener smell was all over my car (From dashboard to boot). Whenever few of my family members enter the car they get nausea. Now even after 1 and a half years gone, we are still able to smell it because the car seats absorbed it. Whenever we open our boot we still smell it. My kid and wife are reluctant to get in to the car.

We tried different air fresheners but nothing worked. People suggested to park the car under hot sun with the windows open but it does not work. Did anyone face similar kind of issue?
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 10:05   #663
BHPian

Reviving this thread. Any first hand experience on Goodair Royal Activated Charcoal air purifier? I'm hearing great reviews about them though they're very expensive considering the price point.

I have ordered Reffair UV based Air Purifier and cancelled the same to try this non electric purifier.
Old 12th October 2021, 10:15   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

Used to have dogs, so they would usually get in to the car at some point. Fur and doggy smell used to be a given those days.

Once we went to pick up a rescue Lab in our old Alto. Even though we walked him for a long time, as soon as he got in, he began to pee! Peed a couple of times and in copious quantities. Were in heavy traffic on Richmond Road so nothing we could do but roll down the windows and bear it!

It took years to get that damn smell out of that car. Even with multiple professional interior washes and all sorts of counter-smells.

We don't have a dog now and a different car, but all those experiences means we don't care too much about what the car smells like now!
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 16:07   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I like this Made in India idea as my favorite, "My Shaldan", is pretty much 99% fake.

Have you tried any other scents?
Hi, the car smells great. Regret the 1 year delay in reply...
Old 16th May 2022, 00:00   #666
BHPian

Dear Bhpians

Help!

I have this strange odour from my sparingly used safari dicor when I turn on the AC and blower. It is a foul smell which does not give up no matter what ever solutions I have tried. Around 2 months ago rat(s) entered my car via the engine to the interior but thankfully I was able to catch hold of the same and caught hold of em via the glue books placed strategically with some peanut butter on it. I have also got that particular area closed so that no more rats could enter the cabin.

The smell does not come from the car but the moment the blower or AC is turned on their is this pungent smell which gives me headache.

Till date I have:

1. Used odour X cat bomb from turtle wax.
2. Got the interiors checked thoroughly and remove the rat droppings.
3. Used Dr. Charcoal, kept baking soda and vinegar in car.
4. Used 3M AC cleaner spray.
5. Eventually removed the car’s dashboard and got the ducts, coils and blower cleaned from a professional.

However, that smell is still there and the perfumes I have used just mask the smell for some time but eventually the smell comes back.

I have also got the outside fresh air vent sprayed with disinfectant but to no avail.

I am really pissed off now and have hit a dead end where I am unable to understand what is causing this smell.

When I ask the mechanic they say, sir it’s just the smell of perfume and nothing else but deep down I know that peculiar smell is still there.

Could you guys please throw some light on what can be done and what is the source of this smell?

Now that I have got the entire AC cleaned via opening the dashboard which had some rat droppings removed thoroughly by the cleaner and sprayed detail disinfectant over it , what is missing that I need to do to eliminate this pungent smell.

Any help shall be gold for me cause I - just like any other bhpian love my ride and this entire saga is seriously frustrating.

Last edited by NST440 : 16th May 2022 at 00:10. Reason: Added information
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 13:16   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Any help shall be gold for me cause I - just like any other bhpian love my ride and this entire saga is seriously frustrating.
Check for other reasons for the Smell. Might not related to AC vent alone.

Are you using artificial leather seat covers and mats which can emits bad smell.

Also try out running the blower in full speed in full temp for few minutes with AC off. Try to do this every time before turning of the car for atleast one minute.
Old 12th February 2024, 14:38   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
.. baking SODA .... to powder below carpets, seats, boot below the Stepney, boot carpet itself, all rubber floor mats and beneath rear seat (if it is a simple task! ).

Next morning merely dust off removable things mats, ashtrays, etc,.

The Bk. Soda absorbs all smells. ...

Minor stains on cloth seats can be easily removed. For tougher stains use hydrogen peroxide. Medical shops carry them.

For shiny windshields and headlamp covers, use vinegar. A gentleman mentioned that earlier....

I was wondering if there is any feedback on these points by hangover?
Old 15th February 2024, 20:20   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
I was wondering if there is any feedback on these points by hangover?
Yes all accurate mostly.

Baking soda does neutralize smells. Apply, leave for a day then vaccum up.

Vinegar will help remove hard water spots and stains from glass.

Hydrogen peroxide though I can't guarantee will work as intended on all fabrics because it acts similar to bleach in a way. Best to stick to fabric cleaners and do multiple applications instead
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks