Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2008, 17:19   #1
BHPian

Need to enhance performance of Accent Gle

Guys I need help.
I am currently driving a Hyundai Accent Gle 2006 . Nothing wrong with the car but i feel the car too sluggish and not a fun to drive. Now that the car is new and just done 14000 kms , i am in no mood to sell it off for a new car.
I need your advice that if i could get the performance enhanced for my car and is it possible to get it turbo charged ..?

If any modifications are possible where can i get the same done. I belong to chandigarh and frequent delhi quite often as i have my business setup in delhi even

Thanks

Mohit.
Old 15th November 2008, 02:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

The mods depend on what your looking at. If it's just normal pick up increase your looking at than the standard FFE, performance air filter and porting polishing will be sufficient. If you want big increase in performance get a turbo and Standalone ECU with the addition of the necessary addons for it and get a car that can put bigger car to shame.
Old 15th November 2008, 09:13   #3
BHPian

I am just looking for the fun to drive element in my car and need a good pick-up for my city and highway driving. i find it quite irritating the knocking sound from engines of accent if you shift up to 5th gear at the speed of 50kms/hr.

I need a peppy engine response so as the fun to drive element is alive. I would be grateful if you guys could let me know from where i can get my performance mods done and where can i get good advice about the same.

Thanks

Mohit.
Old 15th November 2008, 16:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitmanaktala View Post
I am just looking for the fun to drive element in my car and need a good pick-up for my city and highway driving. i find it quite irritating the knocking sound from engines of accent if you shift up to 5th gear at the speed of 50kms/hr.

I need a peppy engine response so as the fun to drive element is alive. I would be grateful if you guys could let me know from where i can get my performance mods done and where can i get good advice about the same.

Thanks

Mohit.
my accent don't show any type of knocking if i put 5th gear at 40 kmph. I think SOHC engine of accent gives good low end performance than the DOHC.
Old 15th November 2008, 16:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

not advisable to go beyond ffe and air filter on accents. A good free flow and a good k&n filter can get you some amount of pepiness. but that's all that's feasible.
Old 15th November 2008, 17:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks

Mohit.
From what you want, get yourself a FFE, air Filter universal type with CAI system, If you are not satisfied than get a port job. and you will have the fun your looking for.
Old 15th November 2008, 19:57   #7
BHPian

thanks dinar , but i would like to know from where can i get such modification done (either in Delhi or in Chandigarh) I would be grateful if you could get me the details like from where do i get these mods done

Regards
Mohit
Old 15th November 2008, 20:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

This is the wrong section - Please have the tread shifted to the modifications section.
Old 15th November 2008, 22:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks dinar , but i would like to know from where can i get such modification done (either in Delhi or in Chandigarh) I would be grateful if you could get me the details like from where do i get these mods done

Regards
Mohit

Delhi, I know only one place Autophycs He has a good reputation he is a member on the forum so you can get in touch with him. The north guys should be knowing if any one else is there.
Old 16th November 2008, 00:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks

Mohit.
I have a 2006 accent GLE I havent noticed any kind of knocking
Accent though not peppy as modern engines but still its torque spread is good for city and highway driving in stock form.
Old 30th November 2008, 12:14   #11

Accent Executive Mileage City/Highway

Folks, I am comtemplating buying an Accent Executive over Swift VDi. My usage is around 1000Km/month.

Can the Accent owners give me realistic figures on Accent FE? The sales guy from Advaith in Bangalore claims 12 to 13 on city.

On reading other forums on Team BHP I hear figures from 7 to 13.

Would appreciate some latest inputs from owners esp. new owners, the ones with Executive.

Thanks.

Bishan
Old 6th March 2009, 08:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33d View Post
Folks, I am comtemplating buying an Accent Executive over Swift VDi. My usage is around 1000Km/month.

Can the Accent owners give me realistic figures on Accent FE? The sales guy from Advaith in Bangalore claims 12 to 13 on city.

On reading other forums on Team BHP I hear figures from 7 to 13.

Would appreciate some latest inputs from owners esp. new owners, the ones with Executive.

Thanks.

Bishan
Hi Buddy,
I have bought an Accent Executive recently and its quite good in city and highways thogh not driven much on highways , the car is excellent and gathers speed quickly however if you are talking about FE , its a guzzler probably because my first service is still due. I think it can still give you around 11 to 13 kms in city.
Old 6th March 2009, 12:29   #13
BANNED

Whatever Garry Brant said was true. Even i bought an Accent recently and it is one amazing car.

Fuel efficiency untill the first free service is very bad, however it improves a lt after that. I get around 12 approx in the city.
Old 9th March 2009, 01:17   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon View Post
Whatever Garry Brant said was true. Even i bought an Accent recently and it is one amazing car.

Fuel efficiency untill the first free service is very bad, however it improves a lt after that. I get around 12 approx in the city.
Brandon ,
Could you tell why are you banned..?
Old 9th March 2009, 03:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Brandon ,
Could you tell why are you banned..?

if hes banned, it obiously means he cant post any more.so no point in asking a question like that

rev

Most Viewed