Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 18:36   #46

WOW neat i'd say.
Well done buddy...
now its time for me to go over to bkc i want some projectors for my fiesta [fogs lamps]
Old 20th November 2008, 19:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Got to appreciate a DIY! This ones turned out pretty sweet too.

I started a project like this and due to lack of the projectors gave up. Still have the lamps lying with me, if someone can source me the projectors off the skoda/sonata it would be great.

Did some digging at the gujri but projectors dont seem to surface very easily and they quote insane prices.
Old 20th November 2008, 22:51   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua.911 View Post
WOW neat i'd say.
Well done buddy...
now its time for me to go over to bkc i want some projectors for my fiesta [fogs lamps]
Go for it buddy. Its fun and more importantly worth it. The place has hundreds of broken as well as good condition headlamps from all sorts of cars. Originally I planned on having only a pair of Sonata projectors, I was not particularly looking for skoda projectors, I just happened to noticed them one day and thought, why not. I had some argument on my side while bargaining. You see, both pairs were of the same side + the conditions looked pretty poor. Lucky after cleaning, the projectors were in good condition.

They also showed me projector from "New Skoda" according to them, bigger than mine, in mint condition. I didn't take them as it was only one side and two big projectors won't fit in to my headlamp assembly without major work.

Any way some one installed projectors on his fiesta here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...age-3-a-2.html
Old 20th November 2008, 23:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
Here's a graphical representation on how I fitted the projector to the headlamp body. The sonata projector fitting style is slightly different as they were bigger and heavier, though not much different. Any projector will have holes or screws. All you have to do is use your imagination and make use of them according to the stock headlamp layout.

Nice work, kaymantis.
I'd suggest you mount the plate at atleast two points.

The bolt may come lose and then the whole assembly will swivel.
And try using a Nylock nut. These don't become loose with vibrations and shocks.
Old 20th November 2008, 23:34   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh87 View Post
Nice work, kaymantis.
I'd suggest you mount the plate at atleast two points.

The bolt may come lose and then the whole assembly will swivel.
And try using a Nylock nut. These don't become loose with vibrations and shocks.
Thanks for the tips. Coming loose was a concern, so the bigger & havier projector is mounted on three points. Smaller ones are pretty ligth so it may hold. Will check after some good driving. If it comes loose I will notice them easily by the vibration.
Old 20th November 2008, 23:37   #51

Yea im already on it tomorrow is my last exam just cant wait for it to get done.
how much did he quote at first?, do you have to bargain hard?? my hindi sucks, i'll take a friend along...that better i guess tho i've been to that place before.

That fiesta is looking good with those on...hopefully i'll get a ballast there too then i can fit a hid for my fogs
Old 21st November 2008, 10:49   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua.911 View Post
how much did he quote at first?, do you have to bargain hard?? my hindi sucks, i'll take a friend along...that better i guess tho i've been to that place before.
They quote different price for different headlamps depending on the condition and model 1000, 800, 400 etc even 2000 for used ones. Oh yeah, they'll check you out from top to bottom before deciding the price . Maybe luck was on my side, Initially they quoted 600 for the one I selected (one sonata pair). I will leave the haggling details out, but ultimately I got it for 300 + 300 for the other pair (skoda).
Old 21st November 2008, 10:55   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
They quote different price for different headlamps depending on the condition and model 1000, 800, 400 etc even 2000 for used ones. Oh yeah, they'll check you out from top to bottom before deciding the price . Maybe luck was on my side, Initially they quoted 600 for the one I selected (one sonata pair). I will leave the haggling details out, but ultimately I got it for 300 + 300 for the other pair (skoda).
That is a great deal you got, Kay. And you made your install a true VFM with a doing a neat job wit them.
Old 21st November 2008, 13:35   #54
BHPian

Projection Lamps for Accent CRDi 2006

Guys, i need help in upgrading my Accent's conventional lamps to XENON projection. If anyone knows how and where can i get it, please suggest. I will be greatful.

Desired location: Ludhiana/Chandigarh/New Delhi

Waiting for comments!

PJ
Old 21st November 2008, 17:04   #55
BANNED

you need to DIY with your handlamp. jsut looks around for the 2nd hand or broken skoda headlamps and get the projectors out and give it a DIY.
there are 2 team BHPians (IMO) who had done this in thier car i.e. in santro and ikon. heres the link for one .http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...d-my-ikon.html
Old 30th November 2008, 22:29   #56
BHPian

Kaynmantis:

Congrats for the great DYI. Considering the first time it is really neat. I too have a plan for doing the same mod for my IKON but I don't know a place in Hyderabad where I can pick up the projectors from the junkyard.
Old 30th November 2008, 22:46   #57
BHPian

Hi Audiophile,

Where did you find these? Are you sure that these will fit the IKON without any modification? I am very much interested to do this change for my IKON also and any information will be greatly appreciated.
Old 1st December 2008, 19:26   #58
BHPian

Well @Sudipta, these were pics that I had pulled up from the internet, while searching for projector lights. Yes! they will fit the Ikon as all other parts of the car are the same, even the bumper. Its the same car abroad just named as Fiesta Zetec.

Try searching online, I think it was able for purchase on ebay.
Old 12th December 2008, 16:11   #59
BHPian

Excellent work Kaynmantis.Have a lot of regard for people who brave it out and go the DIY route when there are no other options.Very nicely done indeed.Thanks for sharing
Old 16th December 2008, 12:50   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
Sure buddy, will let you know when I have some more info.
Any further information on how to import these head lights for the Ikon? Or is there any place in Bangalore where you can get the same? The blue Ikon in page 1 looks awesome with those headlights. I am just thinking!!!

Cheers
Sanju

Most Viewed