Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 03:18   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
Any further information on how to import these head lights for the Ikon? Or is there any place in Bangalore where you can get the same? The blue Ikon in page 1 looks awesome with those headlights. I am just thinking!!!
I'm still searching Sanju, these are definately not available in Bangalore.
They are available in UK.

Will have to check with some of the importers, who get projector lights for other cars.

Will keep you informed, incase I come across some info.
Old 19th March 2009, 10:45   #62
BHPian

Just came across this thread-
Great work Kaynmantis !!!
That's the true spirit of innovation. Very well done indeed and you certainly deserve all the praises coming your way!

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th March 2009 at 10:48. Reason: smilie usage
Old 27th March 2009, 12:22   #63
BHPian

hey guys. those headlight units that you are talking about, I came across someone here in chennai who gets them custom made for any car. He was charging me 8 k (with projectors) and 7 k (without projectors). Though I know these prices are slightly inflated, Im sure a good price can be worked upon if you are good at bargaining. Besides he also said he could get those clear lens tail lamps done for 5 k (again - prices inflated i think).

The imported ones were available for around 12 or 14k.
I doubt the functional integrity of the customized ones though since Im not to sure about the alignment of the beam. He says he would have it perfectly aligned.
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:38   #64
BHPian

@petrol_head, Do you have any sample pics? If so, please post.

Also check if he can arrange clear lens headlights.
When he says clear lens tail lights, what exactly is he talking about?
Old 24th April 2009, 15:48   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
@petrol_head, Do you have any sample pics? If so, please post.

Also check if he can arrange clear lens headlights.
When he says clear lens tail lights, what exactly is he talking about?
Nah dude, I did not bother taking any snaps because i was not too sure about the alignment. Ill try and get you his phone number. Try talking to him. Ask him to send across a few snaps. Get a quote from him first and let me know, Ill try getting a better deal since my friend knows him.
He primarily deals with customized bumpers and skirts, spoilers etc, that you were inquiring about last month. So you can ask him for those snaps as well.
Old 24th April 2009, 18:42   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Nah dude, I did not bother taking any snaps because i was not too sure about the alignment. Ill try and get you his phone number. Try talking to him. Ask him to send across a few snaps. Get a quote from him first and let me know, Ill try getting a better deal since my friend knows him.
He primarily deals with customized bumpers and skirts, spoilers etc, that you were inquiring about last month. So you can ask him for those snaps as well.

Great petrol_head, let me do that....waiting for his number.
Old 26th April 2009, 14:09   #67
BHPian

Hi All,

Can anyone guide me on a bulb change for my Ford IKON 1.6 ZXI ? I would like to know if it is possible to do it myself. I am planning for a OSRAM Night Breaker of simillsr bulb for more power to my headlight but will only buy the bulb if I can change it myself.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:25   #68
BHPian

Hi Sudipta! Changing bulb is as easy as changing home bulbs...okay not that easy. Anyway, just open the hood. At the back of the headlight assembly, there is a plastic cover that protects the inside of the headlight from dirt.
1. Remove this cover. Once the cover is removed, you will be able to see the socket attached to the bulb,
2. just pull out the socket (wiring), then
3. unlock the pin that fastens the bulb in place. (unlike some bulb that requires twisting to fasten/unfasten. Your headlight bulb is held in place by a pin) Once pin is unlocked, the bulb is free to be removed

If you have never changed bulbs, it will seem a little intimidating. All it requires is to study them a bit and you'll be able to figure out yourself. No one taught me how to remove them nor read any instruction manual. I just observed them and figured them out myself. Its pretty simple.
Old 1st May 2009, 18:47   #69
BHPian

Thanks a lot Kaymantis, I will first check out this weekend and then proceed with the purchase next week.

Any suggestion on the Osram Nightbreaker and similar other bulbs (60/55 only) will be helpful. My requirement is to have better visibility and throw of light, typically for highway driving in the night. The colour is not an issue as long as it doesn't stand out and I get harrased by police.
Old 2nd May 2009, 10:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Thanks a lot Kaymantis,...
Welcome!

Quote:
Any suggestion on the Osram Nightbreaker and similar other bulbs (60/55 only) will be helpful. My requirement is to have better visibility and throw of light, typically for highway driving in the night. The colour is not an issue as long as it doesn't stand out and I get harrased by police.
Why don't you look up the "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html" thread. there are loads of information there, you may be able to get the right bulb there and get more educated on lighting at the same time. To make any significant difference, you may have to upgrade to 90/100. Of course this will require you to install a relay. Would recommend you to stick to normal (yellowish) halogen color though, they provide better visibility. Just check the lighting thread.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:59   #71
Senior - BHPian

Where in Mumbai is the car junk yard? Any such site in Pune?
Old 10th September 2009, 15:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

Answering my own post. In Mumbai, at Kurla there is a HUGE car junk yard. I got the light from there. In pune, I couldn't find any.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:46   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Answering my own post. In Mumbai, at Kurla there is a HUGE car junk yard. I got the light from there. In pune, I couldn't find any.
wouldn't they be available on CST road in kurla as well?
Old 13th September 2009, 13:21   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Last week, I checked at Hot Tracks shop, Basheer Bagh in Hyderabad. Philips Extreme Power bulb pair (60/55 W, H4) with supposedly 80% more light is available for 700/- . The bulb pack appeared to be from Singapore.
Old 14th September 2009, 09:02   #75
BHPian

Ravindra,

I am not sure if I would like to buy that as I have seen a lot of fake bulbs in the market. I am in the lookout for the official distributor for Philips in Hyderabad to ensure I get the genuine product.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the information.

Most Viewed