Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 15:23   #1
BHPian

Garware agrees no suitable windshield film by them

ICECOOL SHIELD PROBLEM and HARRASSMENT

This is the mail I had sent to Garware which states the problem I faced.

Hi Mr. Jha,
As discussed over phone I want to bring to your notice of my problem and harrassment of installing icecool shield film.
I have installed ICECOOL shield and TOPCOOL films on my maruti swift dzire (Reg. No. WB06 0884) on 11/07/08 from i10 Auto of salt lake through PolyAd of Kolkata.
Just after the installation on the same day the ICECOOL film came off and the driver door TOPCOOL was full of scratches which was sure result of poor installation.
On informing i10 I was asked to contact Mr. Neeraj Banka of PolyAd who replaced both the films by the same fitter.
After replacement the ICECOOL again started to come off and as a result was full of bubbles just in driving view making the car dangerous to drive in the night and this time ICECOOL was full of scratches.
I informed Mr. banka on the same day but was falsely assured of proper measure taken that is replacement within one week.
After that it was 4 months of continuous calls and assurance of getting it replaced and was given dates after dates for the installation and was being asked to make my car available resulting in no outstation travel by the car.
Now after contacting Mr. Majumdar of Garware on 14th Nov I got a call from Mr. Banka that due to some suspicious reason my film won't be replaced but would be uninstalled and I will be refunded the money.
Now today(17/11/08) morning I got a call from Mr. Banka's office that they have changed the decision and is sending a fitter with the film to replace the same.
The fitter came at 1 PM without the film. On enquiring Mr. Banka and his office said they changed the decision again and they decided to uninstall without replacement. On further enquiry they said they will refund my money in due dates which I suspect will result in a similar harrassment for me.
I have full believe in Garware quality and I want garware ICECOOL shield film on my car and the problem I am facing is nothing to do with the film quality but with the horriblw installation and that I was confirmed by varius film installers.
Please solve this ASAP in a dignified way or else I don't have any other option but to go to consumer forum as I am facing following issues for 4 months. My contact number is in my signature below.
Issue No Issue Desc Consequences
1 Air Bubble and Dangerous to drive in night
Scractches in the
driving view

2 Constant misleading make the car available at dealer place
information about the
day of replacement

3 constant follow up mental harrassment
without result

================================================== ==
Anyhow after the mail I got call from dealer and Mr. Jha about the only available solution to uninstall the film and refund the money.
I didn't want my money back but wanted a good film on my windscreen. But the dealer said they are not well equipped to do the job and Garware said they have a quality issue with the windscreen film and cann't give good quality service.
I found that to be amazing and liked to share the same with bhpians who wants to buy GARAWARE ICECOOL films.

P.S. I got my film uninstalled and got my money back.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have Garware Icecool on my dad's car for close to 2 years now and no problems till date. Like rightly mentioned by you the issue seems to be of improper installation than of the film itself.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

There is certainly no issues with Tints available in the market of various brands,its the installers who are not trained enough to do the job properly,to remove the bubbles and make the film intact you need a heat-gun which you may not find with many of them,other than this the issue is dust/window glass not cleaned properly or cleaned with greasy or dirty cloth,using low quality shampoo and adultrated tap water.Sometimes the Rolls from the company comes scratched,to which it is replaced free of cost or the monies is returned back.

Above all its somewhere our fault also we bug the installer to hurry up in the job
Old 18th November 2008, 16:44   #4
BHPian

hello

hello
this is a fact that in Car film the installer or fitter plays a very very important role as it is a ARt which every tom dick lay men can't do.
I have Garware ice cool clear film installed in all the five cars which I have ranging from 1 year to 2 year in different cars.
I am very satisfied with the product.
In last
experience in every field matters a lot

Note From Support Staff - Please avoid un-necessary formating as it makes the posts difficult to read

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th November 2008 at 17:13. Reason: see note in post
Old 18th November 2008, 17:05   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree with Vikram - Garware tints are amongst the highest quality and best VFM propositions in the market. Their factory outside Aurangabad is also reported to be very state-of-the-art at that.

A poor quality of tints install cannot be blamed on the manufacturer.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:05   #6
BHPian

Dins: Please make sure that you are aware of TeamBHP posting rules. All Caps for the post is against the rules.

Friends,
From the manufacturer itself Sinhsha got a feedback telling there is a problem in the quality of film. Then what is the point in telling its the installer at fault? It may be the case that the current batch will have this problem due to availability / high cost of certain materials required for manufacturing the Windshield film. They are very well aware of the issue and accepting the inefficiency in serving him. Now what is the point of debate?

Sinhsha : It would be great if you can provide us the reply from the company as well so there wont be any confusion.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

@Sin - How much you had payed for the film to the dealer?
Old 18th November 2008, 18:01   #8
BHPian

i had v-kool on my car. the installer did not use a heat gun while installing it. Still, there were no problems faced.

Its all about experience as mentioned in the above posts
Old 18th November 2008, 19:15   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Garware tints are amongst the highest quality and best VFM propositions in the market.
+1 to that. I use Garware in 3 of my 4 cars and am an extremely satisfied customer. It's got to do with the install quality.
Old 18th November 2008, 20:19   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
From the manufacturer itself Sinhsha got a feedback telling there is a problem in the quality of film. Then what is the point in telling its the installer at fault? It may be the case that the current batch will have this problem due to availability / high cost of certain materials required for manufacturing the Windshield film. They are very well aware of the issue and accepting the inefficiency in serving him. Now what is the point of debate?
In all probability they just wanted to wash thier hands off the whole affair rather tahn go in for another round of replacement / communications with the customer. At the end of the day every set of film peeled off a car goes waste and the company ends up bearing the cost. So i think they just thought it better to lose a single customer rather than have a lengthy process of wrangling.
Old 18th November 2008, 22:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Misleading thread title!
Old 18th November 2008, 22:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

I had Garware films installed in my car this march by Glix2000 - Icecool and window tints.

The installation was done flawlessly and its hard to tell if the film is installed at all....

The product is not sub standard for sure....the installation is where the problem might have been ...
Old 18th November 2008, 23:19   #13
BHPian

This is an installation issue, but did Garware say they do not have suitable windshield film? Did they respond to mail or just orally said that it better for them to uninstall and give your money back? Some piece seems to be missing in the whole story.
Old 19th November 2008, 00:20   #14
BHPian

The title is not misleading. Mr. S.N.Jha, The head of Garware operation in East India called me and said that they are aware of quality issue with ICECOOL shield and they have informed the factory about the same and so he advised me to get my money back and to buy ICECOOL shield again after this quality issue is solved.
I was almost sure that this is just a case of poor installation which I had clearly mentioned in my mail to GARWARE. On the call I even said that after I get my money back I can again put ICECOOL shield from another dealer for same amount of money so what is the difference if I want reinstallation and not money refund but he strongly suggested that that is not a good idea for time being.That's why in the title I said in summary that GARWARE is agreeing that they don't have any windscreen film for time being. I also use GARWARE films in my other three cars for last two years which are doing absolutely fine. So I believe this problem has cropped up recently.
Just for info the fitter used a heat gun to fit the film but another friend of mine who works as the service head of VKOOL said the film seemed ok but to his eyes it seems the fitter used the heat gun for more than necessary duration making the film a little crispy (which seems not a good thing for the film) and thus after fitting the films shrunk and made those bubbles (which were like tiny dots all over the place).
But now I have started to believe that the film indeed was having quality issue atleast after discussion with Mr. Jha. Or may be I am feeling confused about this whole experience.
Old 19th November 2008, 00:24   #15
BHPian

P.S. @Hari I paid Rs 2800 for ICECOOL shield and Rs 2400 for TOPCOOL
@HOTChilliPepper I haven't received any mail from Garware but just a normal acknowledgement mail and then two phone calls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks