Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 00:04   #241
BHPian

Re: Free Flow Exhaust in Bangalore

If you want a regular muffler which doesn't make noise, you could try Bosch Service centre's, I got the muffler assembly replaced for my mom's OHC recently, worked up to around 3300 including labour, If you want a noisy one, you can try just replacing the end can.
IMO the whole FFE from headers to end can(can be muted noise) would work out to be in the range of 8-10k +-, But if you are getting it done, get it done from Raj himself, and not shabbir as i had a little bit of a bad experience
Old 11th January 2011, 23:28   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
I did not buy CAI, I have only a conical filter.(getz doesn't need the pipe, its a direct fit into where the stock filter was placed)
Any i20 takers in that case?

Hi Raghav, do you know any one selling FFE in Bangalore, am in bangalore now, i need one for my i20 crdi
Old 12th January 2011, 23:34   #243
BHPian

Hey, I'm selling the headers from my getz on classifields, let some expert comment if the Getz header's will fit on an i20.
Old 13th January 2011, 00:12   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Hi Raghav, do you know any one selling FFE in Bangalore, am in bangalore now, i need one for my i20 crdi
I would suggest you contact rjstyles69 in bangalore, he is the most helpful T-BHPian in bangalore for this.
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:29   #245
BHPian

Folks,
Have a 10 yr old santro zip plus.My son is keen on having a good sounding car-courtesy discovery turbo channel.
Pls advice for lowest possible expenses to be planned for this.Someone said you cannot put soprts muffler in santro to get thta sound?

cheers
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:47   #246
Senior - BHPian

This weekend I had been to Raj Hingaroni's workshop to get my friend's CITY (Previously my car) fitted with FFE.
Went without a prior appointment. What a nice gentleman (RAJ Hingaroni)he is.
Spoke with Raj & his junior reagrading the headers specification.
Mentioned him low end torque + very mild sound from the headers.
Took almost 6 hours to get the work done. What a clean fitting.
Outcome is exactly what myself and my friend wanted. Done according the mentioend specifications. Slight increase in the low end torque + mild addictive sound from the headers.
Totally happy with the FFE.
Paid exactly 12K for the work.
FRK Racing (Fazal ) quoted 14K for the same work, but he said it will take 2-3 weeks to get the work done as he has to source the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
I would definetely recommend RAJ's workshop for the same.
Tons of experience + a humble gentleman.
His workshop is just behind the TV Tower, opp Water world- palace ground. JC Nagar

Last edited by sushrutha : 23rd May 2011 at 11:51.
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:38   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
Have a 10 yr old santro zip plus.My son is keen on having a good sounding car-courtesy discovery turbo channel.
Pls advice for lowest possible expenses to be planned for this.Someone said you cannot put soprts muffler in santro to get thta sound?

cheers
Folks,
await your response.

cheers
Old 24th May 2011, 12:25   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
await your response.

cheers
Hi Pradeep,

I don't think having a sports muffler should have any issue unless it does
not fit your end can. I would not recommend tampering your stock end can
as you can fit it any time when you want to get rid of the sporty exhaust note.

Here are 3 things you can do:

1. If you are a Bangalorean, visit Raj's work shop and get the end can fabricated similar to the stock version and inform him about the sporty exhaust note you need. He might charge you < 4k for the job. [ Not sure
about the cost. It's an estimate] He does a clean job.

2. Purchase a Greddy or REMUS End can along with muffler. [Super expensive and needs to be fit with the help of either Raj or other tuners in BLORE.

3. If you want an improvement in acceleration, you can get a good set of
headers made according to your requirement [Again, Raj is the guy] The set up might cost you 12k minus the filter which needs to be purchased outside.

So you can choose from the above. I am sure if other T-BHPians have better ideas, they will reply to this thread. Do keep the thread posted.

Happy Revving,
Ayyappan
Old 24th May 2011, 12:29   #249
BHPian

Apologies Pradeep.
Since you are from Chennai, the below thread can help you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...c-chennai.html

1) ffe in chennai:
Mr. Jambulingam (98 400 77407)
MOTOR IMAGE Services Pvt Ltd ,(AUTOMECH)
No. 1, 7th Cross Street, Lake Area, Nungambakkam,
Chennai 600 034.

Speedworks Performance Products (N1 engineering)
No.18, Wallace Garden 2nd Street, Nungambakkam,
Chennai 600 006 .
Improve car performance, Car performance enhancements, Engine performance improvements, car performance products, car care products, engine performance products, engine performance enhancements, OWS, OWS India, OWS products, OWS products India, Tecta
tel: 044 30281861
Speedworks is the corner plot(house) on the Subway,Talwalkers gym road in nungambakkam.If you still have a problem, call Praveen of speedworks. his number is 98402404407.

You can explain you requirement that you just need Sound and nothing else. May be they can help you. I believe even Magnaflow has good equipment but not sure if any dealer in Chennai sources them.
Old 7th March 2012, 11:34   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I would definetely recommend RAJ's workshop for the same.
Tons of experience + a humble gentleman.
His workshop is just behind the TV Tower, opp Water world- palace ground. JC Nagar
Could you please PM me RAJ's contact details?

I have an OHC that has a FFE from Raj installed back in 2008. But since then everything except the headers have been re-worked by mechanics in Kerala (who've destroyed it).
Would it be advisable to buy the whole thing anew from Raj or keep the headers and get the rest only. Would you know how much of a price decrease I would be looking at?

Last edited by di1in : 7th March 2012 at 11:44.
Old 7th March 2012, 11:46   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Could you please PM me RAJ's contact details?

I have an OHC that has a FFE from Raj installed back in 2008. But since then everything except the headers have been re-worked by mechanics in Kerala (who've destroyed it).
Would it be advisable to buy the whole thing anew from Raj or keep the headers and get the rest only. Would you know how much of a price decrease I would be looking at?
Check here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
As you say that the headers has already been destroyed by someother guys, better to get a new header. Else speak with Shabbir as what best he can work upon this.
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 14:45   #252
BHPian

Quote:
As you say that the headers has already been destroyed by someother guys, better to get a new header. Else speak with Shabbir as what best he can work upon this.
I meant the opposite: The headers are the only bit left un touched.

Thanks for the link
Old 7th March 2012, 14:50   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I meant the opposite: The headers are the only bit left un touched.

Thanks for the link
Ok,
Over the years the silencer tends to rust & also the endcan( which has glasswool etc) might loose it's quality.
There might be a slight drop in the performance of the FFE...
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 00:10   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Ok,
Over the years the silencer tends to rust & also the endcan( which has glasswool etc) might loose it's quality.
There might be a slight drop in the performance of the FFE...
I have this same concern. My friend has an OHC and got Headers/FFE setup at Raj's a year or two back. His car is brilliant and sounds awesome. But I noticed rusting along places and this is a concern for me. I don't have pics though.

I have been planning for the same but wanted to check with folks who have already done it. How are your FFE's fairing in the long term ? does it still sound well ? Any performance drop ? are you seeing rusting along the exhaust/headers ?
Old 11th June 2012, 08:05   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
I have this same concern. My friend has an OHC and got Headers/FFE setup at Raj's a year or two back. His car is brilliant and sounds awesome. But I noticed rusting along places and this is a concern for me. I don't have pics though.

I have been planning for the same but wanted to check with folks who have already done it. How are your FFE's fairing in the long term ? does it still sound well ? Any performance drop ? are you seeing rusting along the exhaust/headers ?
I for one can confirm that none of the cars that I have gotten done in my friends circle from Raj's place have had rusting issues. It's been close to 4/5 yrs now with a few friends cars and all we get done is the occasional tuning at his place.

The only change is that over time the glass wool burns out and the car generally would loose out on the deep growl. Clearly and indication that you need to get the end can changed. Usually lasts for 3 yrs or so and then it's best you make time and get the end can changed.

FFE when used religiously can give you better mileage and this I speak from experience.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 11th June 2012 at 08:15.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks