Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 07:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

i am intrested in the above answer as well. as i have enough cash to go in for a complete ffe from hsk the coming month
Old 19th June 2009, 08:30   #107
Senior - BHPian

There are two spec in FFE.Either you can tune the manifold to low rpm for city drive or tune to higher rpm for rally or spirited driving above 4500 rpm.

Roaring sound’s can completely mute it to normal existing or have a loud roar which is head turning.

HKS/Raj: many of our bhipians are used to Raj.he really does a very good job & very helpful indeed.
For the Zen you need to go for 4*2*1 spec. for this he may charge you from 6 to 7K.It take only half a day to do this.

Porting & polishing can also be done & its cost you 5-6k.

It’s good if upgrade from stock to CAI filter could be any of K&N, Pipercross or Green cotton.
Old 19th June 2009, 09:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
There are two spec in FFE.Either you can tune the manifold to low rpm for city drive or tune to higher rpm for rally or spirited driving above 4500 rpm.

Roaring sound’s can completely mute it to normal existing or have a loud roar which is head turning.

HKS/Raj: many of our bhipians are used to Raj.he really does a very good job & very helpful indeed.

For the Zen you need to go for 4*2*1 spec. for this he may charge you from 6 to 7K.It take only half a day to do this.

Porting & polishing can also be done & its cost you 5-6k.

It’s good if upgrade from stock to CAI filter could be any of K&N, Pipercross or Green cotton.
So Ramsagar did you really get a FFE job done or your post is on hearsay ? I am curious to know this coz I thought the every cm of the pipe used in building the headers really matters.

From my knowledge and what I have read on this very forum the intake manifold's main job is to distribute the combustion mixture to each cylinder head through the intake ports.

As for the headers, its the easiest bolt on accessory to make your car a tad bit faster in reaching good speeds.Performance and the functionality is as simple as the fact that it makes easier for the engine to push exhaust gases out of the cylinders.

And if I were to go buy your post, its the manifold that matters and not the header job eh ? So ideally when a FFE job is done, its the manifold which is tweaked and the headers dont really matter. Well am confused now , gurus correct me if I am wrong.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:56   #109
BHPian

He is talking about the exhaust manifold.

Now the calculation of the whole headers make a difference. Calc till the tuned length of the exhaust make a difference.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:24   #110
Senior - BHPian

How easy is it to copy a good design. There are a lot a small workshops which make after market exhausts cheap. If we could only get a good standard design for each car model, we could get our FFE's real cheap. I'm sure there'll be some websites which will give you some info on this.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:01   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
He is talking about the exhaust manifold.
Aah there you go and thanks for clearing the air Mohit . Intake and exhaust manifold, two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Now the calculation of the whole headers make a difference. Calc till the tuned length of the exhaust make a difference.
Exactly my point that I was trying to convey earlier.
Old 19th June 2009, 19:02   #112
BHPian

Thanks RamSagar, RJ and Mohit for your opinions. I will go in for a complete FFE set and then a CAI too. But i guess my question on Porting and Polishing is still not elaborated upon. Can someone tell me what does this do? and is it worth spending the 5-6k upon?

Apart for that...Can someone give us numbers on performance gain with all this for the benefits of Noobs like me. I mean

1. how many BHPs for example will i add to my 60BHP stock Zen when the FFE job is done for 4x2x1 specs.
2. Then how many BHPs when a port-and-polish job is done
3. When CAI is done.
4. What change in 0-60 kmph numbers am i looking at

and that sort of things. Because i think anyone who goes through these threads with the wealth of knowledge can understand the working of all this and how it benefits the car and performance, but for our benefit and someone put some realistic or approx numbers it pleaseeee.
Old 19th June 2009, 19:58   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
How easy is it to copy a good design. There are a lot a small workshops which make after market exhausts cheap. If we could only get a good standard design for each car model, we could get our FFE's real cheap. I'm sure there'll be some websites which will give you some info on this.
I cant really comment on the easiness of copying the diameter of the header pipes and getting it fabricated. Its always good to go to someone who has been in the business and knows this .

Else you find the infamous GREDDY headers in bangalore ( popularly knows as Gopal Reddy here in bangalore )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Thanks RamSagar, RJ and Mohit for your opinions. I will go in for a complete FFE set and then a CAI too. But i guess my question on Porting and Polishing is still not elaborated upon. Can someone tell me what does this do? and is it worth spending the 5-6k upon?

Apart for that...Can someone give us numbers on performance gain with all this for the benefits of Noobs like me. I mean

1. how many BHPs for example will i add to my 60BHP stock Zen when the FFE job is done for 4x2x1 specs.
2. Then how many BHPs when a port-and-polish job is done
3. When CAI is done.
4. What change in 0-60 kmph numbers am i looking at

and that sort of things. Because i think anyone who goes through these threads with the wealth of knowledge can understand the working of all this and how it benefits the car and performance, but for our benefit and someone put some realistic or approx numbers it pleaseeee.
Zenster why bother about the numbers in terms of BHP raise, coz we don't have a dyno available in bangalore to check this. However if the mumbai boys chip in, they are the one's who would know about this.

Go ahead and get the whole damn kit and trust me its pure bliss. You really wouldnt be worried about the gains in terms of bhp. From my experience, it helps you get to those speeds really fast.For eg : your 0-100 timings.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 19th June 2009 at 20:00.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:44   #114
BHPian

I just got the FFE done for my Palio 1.2 from Raj and Shabeer yesterday. I must admit that its just awesome. The car has totally changed its character. Costed me 7.5K.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:20   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
I just got the FFE done for my Palio 1.2 from Raj and Shabeer yesterday. I must admit that its just awesome. The car has totally changed its character. Costed me 7.5K.
Jeeva, the complete FFE costed you 7.5k? and how much time they took to do it up?
Old 13th August 2009, 16:35   #116
BHPian

Lohith,
Yes, I payed 7.5k for the FFE. The headers (4x2x1), the intermediate pipes and the muffler was changed. The middle part (dont know exactly what its called) was'nt changed. I was in touch with Raj since quite soemtime now and so he had the headers made ready. They started the work by around 11 and it was done by 2 pm. But Shabeer was saying that it would have taken them a whole day if they had to make the headers and then install.
There was another 1.6 on which the FFE work was going on. The 1.6 would take 3 days for the installion, since the headers are on the other side of the engine. I guess most of the time would be spent on making way for the headers to fit in.
Old 23rd August 2009, 21:39   #117

Hi Guys,
I want to know what is the impact on Engine warranty. I have an Alto purchased on Oct ’08 with an extended 3 years warranty.

I was planning for a complete FFE done on my Alto, but worried about the warranty.
Old 24th August 2009, 02:01   #118
BHPian

[quote=rjstyles69;1354391]I

Zenster why bother about the numbers in terms of BHP raise, coz we don't have a dyno available in bangalore to check this. However if the mumbai boys chip in, they are the one's who would know about this.

hey i had taken my stock zen with only a FFE and CAI on the drno, and with stock jets i had got 48-49 WHP, i had got it done at KS motorsport and karan himself did the test and had told me that the figure i got was pretty impressive for a stock zen, i have the dyno graph as well, i have attached it for your ref.
Attached Thumbnails
Free Flow Exhaust in Bangalore-zencarbdyno.jpg  

Old 7th September 2009, 20:56   #119
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001bhp View Post
Are bolt on end cans available for swift diesel?
No bolt on endcans for the diesel yet. I know of a HKS end can that had to be fitted after some alteration. I think they are available from racedynamics.
There is a catback from Supersprint that I'm using. needs to be combined with a custom downpipe for a nice loud exhaust note

Old 8th September 2009, 21:50   #120
BHPian

I own an Alto VXI , i would like to go for FFE and CAI Filter. Could you guys please suggest who will be the best person to do the job in Bangalore.

Most Viewed