Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 16:42   #211
BHPian

hey Guys,

why don't you people check out with "psycho"

Psycho's Gallery Hall

he has done a pretty good job on my innova and few other cars in the forum.
Old 14th May 2010, 18:41   #212
BHPian

hey thelightening
Next time you speak to Shabbir/Raj, Just find out if Getz 4x2 Headers would fit on a wagonr, I'm not sure if its possible, but please do find out,I cant use my conical filter with the headers as it becomes too loud and I havn't been able to justify the extra power I've got with the headers.(I'm fine with the conical filter, will probably put in a stock replacement filter if i get my money back from my headers) and also the small whizzing noise that comes because of removing the cat con makes me beleive that there's an exhaust leak even if there isnt
If it is possible, I'd be willing to part with my headers for anything between 4-5k, and we can get shabbir/Raj to install it.(It'll be a win-win for both of us i believe) This forum is proof to the fact that they are little over a month old and in perfect condition. They're still on my car and will get it removed if i get a good deal on them.You can take a test drive before I get them removed for installation onto your car
Just by the way, This offer is open not just to lightening, but to rest of you who can accommodate Getz headers into your car, Just havn't been able to find a Getz on the classifieds list that would be interested in getting headers(guess i was the black sheep)
Old 14th May 2010, 18:42   #213
Senior - BHPian

raghav highly unlikely that it would fit a WagonR.
Old 15th May 2010, 09:28   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
hey thelightening
Next time you speak to Shabbir/Raj, Just find out if Getz 4x2 Headers would fit on a wagonr, I'm not sure if its possible, but please do find out,I cant use my conical filter with the headers as it becomes too loud and I havn't been able to justify the extra power I've got with the headers.(I'm fine with the conical filter, will probably put in a stock replacement filter if i get my money back from my headers) and also the small whizzing noise that comes because of removing the cat con makes me beleive that there's an exhaust leak even if there isnt
If it is possible, I'd be willing to part with my headers for anything between 4-5k, and we can get shabbir/Raj to install it.(It'll be a win-win for both of us i believe) This forum is proof to the fact that they are little over a month old and in perfect condition. They're still on my car and will get it removed if i get a good deal on them.You can take a test drive before I get them removed for installation onto your car
Just by the way, This offer is open not just to lightening, but to rest of you who can accommodate Getz headers into your car, Just havn't been able to find a Getz on the classifieds list that would be interested in getting headers(guess i was the black sheep)
Raghav, not possible to fit getz header in wagonR. But I think you can check for i20 (not sure).

From where did you buy CAI in b'lore and how much it cost including fitting?
Old 15th May 2010, 14:00   #215
BHPian

I did not buy CAI, I have only a conical filter.(getz doesn't need the pipe, its a direct fit into where the stock filter was placed)
Any i20 takers in that case?
Old 17th May 2010, 12:31   #216
BHPian

FFE is doing its duty :thumbs up

Had taken my car for a drive to Tumkur. I wanted to test the car as to how it performs on long drives after the mods were done so took the NICE road all the way from PES entry till Tumkur road exit. I must say that the car performed amazingly well. The CAI and FFE is doing its job well. Managed a top speed of 160 with four guys inside (atleast thats what the speedo showed me ). So considering the speedo error and the upsize tyre, even if there is a 15% error, the top speed will be 130+. As far as the FE was concerned, there was no drop and I think I managed to get a couple of more kms per liter (top speed 160 and increased FE....confused eh!...me too LOL).

So the conclusion is, the car has a whole new character and I am very satisfied with its performance. The only concern is, with the mods done and pushing the car to limits, how reliable or how long does the performance last. Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that it will last long)

Cheers,
-Nidhi
Old 18th May 2010, 17:19   #217
BHPian

sad update:
the small noise wasn't very appealing to me and it gave me no peace of mind when i was driving so i finally went and got my headers removed from shabbir today. I guess i'm happy enough with stock power.
he normally charges 500bucks just to remove it, but I've kept the headers with him and told him to find me a buyer and he can give me the money when he finds one.So he hasn't charged me anything for removal at the moment
I have exams going on and I'm going out of town with family for a couple of weeks from the month end so i'll give him a call once I'm back, If it's still not sold ill put it up on the team-BHP classifieds.
As of this moment my car is completely stock. My conical filter is also kinda torn at places, so i'll be selling that to my car accessories guy and will buy a stock replacement filter when i get money from FFE.
but first update is new shoes, my car is wobbling quite a bit, My tyres have run for about 50k kms and are due for a change
But for any new readers of this thread, Getz headers 4x2 street spec headers are up for sale with shabbir(i'm not sure how much he'll sell them for, i'm expecting anything between 3-4)
Old 18th May 2010, 17:46   #218
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am planning to install CAI, FFE and then RD for my Accent. I am ust waiting for my warranty to get over, which is in another month and half.

So, beginning the R&D now.

Would be great if my questions are answered.

1. Does the setup make sense, planning to install a CAI first, then a FFE and later an RD ECU.
2. I got a quote for around 6-7 K for K&N CAI from a few dealers
3. Now, I am lost about FFE. As I can see from the posts above, where you guys have mentioned 8k, 10ki etc all inclusive, is this the cost only for the headers alone, or including the end can as well.
4. If not, thn what would be the cost for a full header and end can setup (please provide options)
5. Where do I need to go for this and whom (I am fairly new to Bangalore)

Highly appreciate any help on this
Old 19th May 2010, 09:40   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Guys, I am planning to install CAI, FFE and then RD for my Accent. I am ust waiting for my warranty to get over, which is in another month and half.

So, beginning the R&D now.

Would be great if my questions are answered.

1. Does the setup make sense, planning to install a CAI first, then a FFE and later an RD ECU.
2. I got a quote for around 6-7 K for K&N CAI from a few dealers
3. Now, I am lost about FFE. As I can see from the posts above, where you guys have mentioned 8k, 10ki etc all inclusive, is this the cost only for the headers alone, or including the end can as well.
4. If not, thn what would be the cost for a full header and end can setup (please provide options)
5. Where do I need to go for this and whom (I am fairly new to Bangalore)

Highly appreciate any help on this
thedreamcatcher, all above mentioned cost are for full free flow system. But cost vary from car to car. There are somany tuners in bangalore - Raj, FRK, RAC, Automech (through dealer), Psycho (member) etc... Search in this forum, you'll find lot of information here.

6 to 7K for CAI sounds good, could you please let me know from which dealer you got this quote?

Regards,
Imran
Old 19th May 2010, 09:58   #220
Senior - BHPian

Guys sorry for going offtopic but basically i didn't want to start another thread so is the question. Mine is a 10 year old car and i feel it to be little choked in the mornings during cold start, my mech said its the catylitic converter which is causing problems, he opened it and showed me that there is a fine mesh and he said insted of bypassing it it would be better to break the net and have a through hole, now my question is will it affect drivability? and how much would a FFE - end can cost for lancer with raj can any one find out the price?

Pramod
Old 19th May 2010, 12:14   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Guys sorry for going offtopic but basically i didn't want to start another thread so is the question. Mine is a 10 year old car and i feel it to be little choked in the mornings during cold start, my mech said its the catylitic converter which is causing problems, he opened it and showed me that there is a fine mesh and he said insted of bypassing it it would be better to break the net and have a through hole, now my question is will it affect drivability? and how much would a FFE - end can cost for lancer with raj can any one find out the price?
Pramod
I dont see any logic in getting rid of the cat con for a cold start problem, please check the engine compression, fuel filter and the state of you plugs before you do anything else.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:29   #222
BHPian

@raghav

Sorry to hear that your investment in header did not work out. Hope you find a buyer for your headers soon.

@thedreamcatcher

The CAI from K&N (Apollo Kit) including the dynamization kit costs you 11.9K. I checked it recently from methods online who is the authorized dealer and stockist for K&N filter and had the most reasonable quote compared to other car accessories shop in bangalore. The car shringar bugger quoted me 14 K for the same. You sure its 6-7K...I doubt it.....you can also try Green cotton storm CAI...costs you lesser than K&N.

For headers, raj/shabbir in Bangalore is good but you have mixed opinion on them when it comes to hyundai cars....but for other cars like honda/maruthis, lot of people vouch for them.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
-Nidhi
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:01   #223
BHPian

Innova FFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
hey Guys,

why don't you people check out with "psycho"

Psycho's Gallery Hall

he has done a pretty good job on my innova and few other cars in the forum.
Hello Mr.bangalore,
I guess, it's been quite some time that you have been using FFE on your Petrol Innova by now. FFE is in my wish list and glad to see your post.

Please can you share
- your feedback on how has been the performance so far. How much your FE on city and highway ride
- Is there any impact on overall engine performance of your car
- How much would this cost.
- I live in Bangalore. Please share the details on where can I get this installed. I see that you got it done through "psycho". I'll leave a PM to him as well.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
KK

PS: Sorry, I posted this on your "Innova w/ FFE" thread too and not sure, if you would read that as it's almost 2 years old now.
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:49   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Hello Mr.bangalore,
I guess, it's been quite some time that you have been using FFE on your Petrol Innova by now. FFE is in my wish list and glad to see your post.

Please can you share
- your feedback on how has been the performance so far. How much your FE on city and highway ride
FE City - 9~10, and highway 13~14
- Is there any impact on overall engine performance of your car
Yes definitely, now engine can breath freely and performance has increased.
- How much would this cost.
well it costed me around 11k for the full setup
- I live in Bangalore. Please share the details on where can I get this installed. I see that you got it done through "psycho". I'll leave a PM to him as well.
Let me know if you require Psycho's contact no.
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
KK

PS: Sorry, I posted this on your "Innova w/ FFE" thread too and not sure, if you would read that as it's almost 2 years old now.

you can find my reply in bold
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:13   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
you can find my reply in bold
Great. Thank you!
I have never experienced more than 10 FE on highway rides (even with economical driving). This should be a good boost to that, since my use is only for long drives.

In future, if I plan to add an LPG/CNG kit, would this be detrimental to that mod?

Psycho responded too on the PM. Will get his contact number and plan for a weekend visit to his place.

Cheers,
KK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks