Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 10:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

yup, including install!
Old 14th March 2009, 12:21   #32
BHPian

Steering covers

These are two images of steerings with covers.

For those of us who would like to know the difference between a higher quality hand stitched leather steering cover ( 'carbon fibre' look leather ) with a tight fit for a better look and feel on the Honda and a cheaper laced steering grip on Skoda.
Attached Thumbnails
Car steering 'Covers' - are they any good?-steering-grip-laced.jpg  

Car steering 'Covers' - are they any good?-handstiched-steering-carbon-look-leather.jpg  

Old 14th March 2009, 12:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

The leather cover that comes factory stitched on the palio is really well done IMO.Not talking about the material but the stitching which is a really good tight fit.

the material now has frays / stains with use , do you know any place that does steering covers in Chennai ?
Old 14th March 2009, 12:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

The first one on the honda is absolutely gorgeous.
How much for that?

Btw, are you in the business of automobile upholstery ?
Old 14th March 2009, 15:07   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, lets keep this thread away from any dealer / commercial talks. Strictly information ONLY.
Old 14th March 2009, 15:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

The Stock Leather Steering Cover on my vRs is nothing but excellent.
Doesnt give you a feel that it is not a different fitment.
Old 14th March 2009, 15:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

The stock leather wrapped steering wheels are the best in looks, feel and usage. Octavia VRs and Palio S10 being good examples. Otherwise, with the current design and materials that are used for steering wheels, I really don't see the need to have after market wheel covers.
Old 14th March 2009, 16:08   #38
BHPian

hi guys
can you please suggest a good cover for my sx4.i got one from MGA,lace type.
it is not covering the steering fully.its also became loose.(i think it is made for swift).
regarding the stitched ones,is it safe to dismantle the steering in sx4 without disturbing the airbags,steering mounted audio controls e.t.c.
SX4 OWNERS please reply.
Old 14th March 2009, 19:26   #39
BHPian

How much would the cover on the civic cost? Also who provides such options? Had spoken to stanely while they were still around in Goa but they do the wheel without the spokes.
Old 14th March 2009, 22:01   #40
BHPian

Leather steering wheel (covers) that come as standard fitment on cars have top-notch stitch quality, I guess. I had seen on the Baleno VXI and it feels very good as well.
Old 14th March 2009, 22:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

I have the type shown on the skoda. Works for me, and a lot better than the stuff I see on other cars
Old 16th March 2009, 10:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
hi guys
can you please suggest a good cover for my sx4.i got one from MGA,lace type.
it is not covering the steering fully.its also became loose.(i think it is made for swift).
regarding the stitched ones,is it safe to dismantle the steering in sx4 without disturbing the airbags,steering mounted audio controls e.t.c.
SX4 OWNERS please reply.
The after market leather steering covers must be hand stitched in the car without removing the steering or disturbing the airbags/ controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I have the type shown on the skoda. Works for me, and a lot better than the stuff I see on other cars
The idea is to look at better stuff. Try the after market leather hand stitched steering. It is a much better feel and might enhance your driving experience. Your steering is an interface with your car after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The stock leather wrapped steering wheels are the best in looks, feel and usage. Octavia VRs and Palio S10 being good examples. Otherwise, with the current design and materials that are used for steering wheels, I really don't see the need to have after market wheel covers.
Yes true its a personal choice. These are an option for people who do not have a stock leather option steering or for those who want to customize their car interiors to individual taste.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th March 2009 at 11:20. Reason: Multi quote
Old 26th March 2009, 20:57   #43
BHPian

Ok guys need help.. I need to put a leather steering cover on my car.

Issue is the steering cant be removed as it comes fitted with ABS.

How can i get a professional install with fit and finish in Delhi.
Old 27th March 2009, 12:27   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
How much would the cover on the civic cost? Also who provides such options? Had spoken to stanely while they were still around in Goa but they do the wheel without the spokes.
Rohan,

You could try Sabharwal Bros in Porvorim for a steering wheel cover, I have seen a few cars they have done, excellent fit and finish, thinking about getting my seats done by him, still debating whether it's worth it to do the steering wheel. Where did you get you seat covers done? had a look at your garage and they look like a superb job, real sporty look to match the handling of the Zen.

Thanks,

Stefan
Old 27th March 2009, 12:55   #45
BHPian

Guys going a bit OT here-my topic is Genuine leather or Art leather Seat covers?

I've art leather seat covers in my car, I suffer from a lot of perspiration on my back (of course) while driving, in the summer season especially. My question is do genuine leather cover owners also suffer from the same? Or is it different from Art leather. I learnt that Art leather cannot breathe unlike genuine leather. Is it true?

Most Viewed