Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 10:57   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy77 View Post
Guys going a bit OT here-my topic is Genuine leather or Art leather Seat covers?

I've art leather seat covers in my car, I suffer from a lot of perspiration on my back (of course) while driving, in the summer season especially. My question is do genuine leather cover owners also suffer from the same? Or is it different from Art leather. I learnt that Art leather cannot breathe unlike genuine leather. Is it true?
yes it is a fact that real leather breathes ( provided it is high quality i.e. not heavily pigmented and finished in the tannery like most economical leathers in the market). Artificial material like PU and PVC are not porous. Real leather (skin) has pores unlike synthetic material like PU/ PVC ( artificial leather or faux leather). The higher the quality of leather the better the feel and the comfort. High quality leather will also look and feel better as it ages.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Rohan,

You could try Sabharwal Bros in Porvorim for a steering wheel cover, I have seen a few cars they have done, excellent fit and finish, thinking about getting my seats done by him, still debating whether it's worth it to do the steering wheel. Where did you get you seat covers done? had a look at your garage and they look like a superb job, real sporty look to match the handling of the Zen.

Thanks,

Stefan
Got them done at Sabharwal Bros itself. Not looking to do up the steering wheel of the zen. Am on the lookout for an aftermarket wheel.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:46   #48
nisam76

Got leather steering wheel cover for my Baleno today, thanks for the thread guys, it gave me a good background info before the work. Checked with few places like Stanley, Saddles and penseeleathers. Finally got it done from Pensee, cost me Rs 1300/- but it worth. The guy did an excellent job, he started at 7 : 25 AM and finished by 9: 20 AM. He removed the steering wheel, cut the leather, stitched it beautifully(covered the spokes too). Will put the photos tomorrow.
:: PENSEE Leathers :: located near the kumarans school, knakapura road.

Old 22nd March 2010, 18:34   #49
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisam76 View Post
Got leather steering wheel cover for my Baleno today, thanks for the thread guys, it gave me a good background info before the work. Checked with few places like Stanley, Saddles and penseeleathers. Finally got it done from Pensee, cost me Rs 1300/- but it worth. The guy did an excellent job, he started at 7 : 25 AM and finished by 9: 20 AM. He removed the steering wheel, cut the leather, stitched it beautifully(covered the spokes too). Will put the photos tomorrow.
Do post some good pics, I might take the plunge based on them :P

Cheers,
gpa
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:49   #50
BANNED

pro-grip

i ve been using stanley pro-grip from past 2 months and i am quite happy compared to my old junk rexin steering cover. stritched ones costed me 591 bucks.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:40   #51
BHPian

^ me too.

nice to hear the time u got it done. i am interested, just for that sake. Everywhere else they ask to come by 9:30 or so and collect the car afternoon.
Old 1st April 2010, 20:15   #52
nisam76

Car steering 'Covers' - are they any good?

Sorry for the delay, uploaded the image.
Attached Thumbnails
Car steering 'Covers' - are they any good?-picture-175.jpg  

Car steering 'Covers' - are they any good?-picture-176.jpg  

Car steering 'Covers' - are they any good?-picture-177.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2010, 02:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

If you can, I would advice go for the leather option as it fits the steering neatly and covers all joints as well. The others are to be considered only if you dont feel like spending on leather.

But any day leather is the best
Old 26th April 2010, 09:01   #54
BHPian

Hello guys!

I recently bought a new Hyundai i10 and the steering wheel cover that the dealers put on was really crap! Moreover they charged me Rs. 300 for this
Car steering 'Covers' - are they any good?-dsc00314.jpg

So can you guys suggest any good shops in Trivandrum where I can get Leather steering wheel cover stitched on, like the Stanley ProGrip?
Old 26th April 2010, 10:52   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

@nisam.
The work looks neat. How is the feel now? is it worth the cash? Looking out for a good place to install this in Cochin. anyone?
Old 26th April 2010, 12:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

@nisam, are these hand-stitched or machine stitched? Looks good and like machine stitched. When I went to G-sport to get steering covers, they advised me not to go for machine stitched ones and weren't ready to give one day warranty for that. Got hand stitched ones and am quite happy. I wanted to know if pensee guys told you something similar?
Old 26th April 2010, 13:05   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

@jag - Can you post the pics? And how much did you pay?
Old 26th April 2010, 14:17   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisam76 View Post
Sorry for the delay, uploaded the image.
Nice job there with the baleno's steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by febyphilabr View Post
Hello guys!

I recently bought a new Hyundai i10 and the steering wheel cover that the dealers put on was really crap! Moreover they charged me Rs. 300 for this

So can you guys suggest any good shops in Trivandrum where I can get Leather steering wheel cover stitched on, like the Stanley ProGrip?
One of the shoddiest jobs I have ever seen. Locals fellas' do it better with the normal steering wheel covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
@nisam, are these hand-stitched or machine stitched? Looks good and like machine stitched. When I went to G-sport to get steering covers, they advised me not to go for machine stitched ones and weren't ready to give one day warranty for that. Got hand stitched ones and am quite happy. I wanted to know if pensee guys told you something similar?
jag here's my steering wheel done from Ovion.

Car steering 'Covers' - are they any good?-dsc_6552-large.jpg

What does this mean
Quote:
When I went to G-sport to get steering covers, they advised me not to go for machine stitched ones and weren't ready to give one day warranty for that.
From what I saw the tight fit one's are usually hand stitched.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

Here is a not-so-good pic of my steering wheel cover from GSport, that I readily had with me. Hand-stitched one, got for free when I got my seat covers done.
Car steering 'Covers' - are they any good?-steering.jpg

@rjstyles69, what I meant was that the GSport guys were against machine stitched covers and weren't ready to give even a single day warranty for the same.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
One of the shoddiest jobs I have ever seen. Locals fellas' do it better with the normal steering wheel covers.
Hey rj, I know. I have often heard that the dealers do the shodd-iest job but never expected this as I had told them to put a steering wheel cover through phone and they seemed all moddest and said the stuff was top quality!

I have posted the pic so that fellow members who plan to buy a new ride always go to the local accessory walla to get their steering wheel and seats done!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
jag here's my steering wheel done from Ovion.
By the way how much did the leather wrapping of steering wheel cost you? And is it pure leather?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks