Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 16:03   #121
BHPian

Re: Car steering 'Covers' - are they any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
If we wrap over the existing leather cover, the leather part will become too chunky and wooden part will come too thin, isn't it?
I may be missing something, why would you want your steering leather wrapped again, when it is already there?
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 17:01   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
How do you think we can cover Innova Crysta's steering wheel which has a wooden insert in between. If we wrap over the existing leather cover, the leather part will become too chunky and wooden part will come too thin, isn't it?
Cover is already there in the picture you posted

Refer this post - One of the mod's Altis have similar wooden finish, see how it is done. Finish is superb.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...ml#post4887638 (Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore))
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 17:20   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
I may be missing something, why would you want your steering leather wrapped again, when it is already there?
Hahahaha Exactly!

people wrap the steering wheel and put seat covers on to preserve them while enjoying lesser than perfect ergonomics and then pass on the untouched bits to the second owner.

Use the freaking original seats and steering, wear them out and then put something on it.
RavSam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 17:35   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thickness is one valid reason. I found the stock thickness of my Storme's steering to be too thin. A leather wrap made it much more easier to grip.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 19:56   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Cover is already there in the picture you posted

Refer this post - One of the mod's Altis have similar wooden finish, see how it is done. Finish is superb.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...ml#post4887638 (Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore))
My apologies I should have mentioned that the stock stitching has given away and hence looking for ‘premium’ wrappings with contrast stitching lining.

@latheesh: Thanks for linking the post I am also interested in this finishing and I was wondering if I can source the leather online and get the same fitted at the local dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks